Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: 8 Major Companies pull ads from Glenn Beck

AsburySkinsFan

There's only one problem with those companies pulling their ads from Beck's show...

He has 3 times the viewership in that timeslot of the next closest channel. Over 3 times, actually. I can't imagine that he's going to be hurt by this in the long run. Maybe I'm wrong, but his time slot is advertising gold.

It's also funny how blacks can go running around calling each other "n-word" this and "n-word" that and calling white people crackers....but a white person dies when it's said. It's also sad how many people think only a black man can say the word racist but the minute a white person does........it's just ludicrous, stupid, and lets just burn him to the stake. And bringing up Kayne West? The guy's IQ is lower than 50 and shouldn't even have an opinion. He is politically retarded, knows absolutely nothing about politics, but figured since eveyone else was against Mr. Bush it was the right thing to call him a racist.

Did I miss something? I didn't realize this thread is about whether white people should have the right to say n*****. And how the hell did Kayne come up? I suppose this is just another white guys gone wild rant about all things related to race?

In any case, no one should say n******, but a white man saying n***** should be treated differently than a black man who says n******. It's akin to the difference between me calling your mom a whore and you calling your mom a whore. Neither one of us should say it, but it's far worse for me to say it than for you to say it.

Did I miss something? I didn't realize this thread is about whether white people should have the right to say n*****. And how the hell did Kayne come up? I suppose this is just another white guys gone wild rant about all things related to race?

In any case, no one should say n******, but a white man saying n***** should be treated differently than a black man who says n******. It's akin to the difference between me calling your mom a whore and you calling your mom a whore. Neither one of us should say it, but it's far worse for me to say it than for you to say it.

And he worded it like the entire race goes around doing the behavior he just ranted about.

Holy **** :doh:

Conservatives boycotting Wal-Mart....yeah that'll be the day.:doh:

Dude liberals, sexual deviants, food stamp users, people who don't habla inglez, penny pinchers, and a good chunk of generation Ipod won't boycott Wal Mart or are you ignoring the stores in DC, Maryland and Northern Va.

Dude liberals, sexual deviants, food stamp users, people who don't habla inglez, penny pinchers, and a good chunk of generation Ipod won't boycott Wal Mart or are you ignoring the stores in DC, Maryland and Northern Va.

Indeed...I try to avoid going there.

It's akin to the difference between me calling your mom a whore and you calling your mom a whore. Neither one of us should say it, but it's far worse for me to say it than for you to say it.

Is that really so? I mean I agree that both are absolutely horrible, but I could never imagine calling my Mom such a thing. It would be such a low, ugly moment for me. I thihk if I saw a son call his Mom a whore unless she was wearing a g-string and coming out of some strangers backseat I would more appalled than if some idiot called his Mom a whore. You are correct that I would not deal very well with someone calling my saint of a Mom names though.

What I didn't miss was Beck's prediction prior to Obama's presidency that if you disagree with Obama on any issue the race card will be thrown out.

Kanye is a stupid sniveling Diva who is dating a Grace Jones wannabee with a much lighter complexion, not that there is anything wrong with that but did use his fame to unfairly bash Bush as did other liberals with outright lies about President Bush hating Blacks when there was plenty of evidence that showed that to not be true.

Pushing policy and or rhetoric to promote a minority group at the expense of other groups is racist, hating on the more successful and using policy and propoganda to punish them is class warfare. And Obama's speech with Black leaders could be seen to be that way.

I treat Blacks and Whites who use the N word and B word the same: with contempt and view them as not worthy to be acknowledged by me since I'd be embracing the ignorant and those who flunked home training 101.

Well, Dave NoVa isn't populated with Real Americans, however out here in the rural United States where we grow the nation's food with the Real Americans Wal-Mart is the be all and end all...or are you really trying to suggest that there is going to be a grassroots movement of Conservatives throughout this country who boycott Wal-Mart because they pulled their ads from that lunatic Glenn Beck?

If you are I'll take that bet.

I've said it before... Beck stands out from even amongst the mainstream conservative radio media. His arguments are less thought out, his fact are more often wrong, and he's obviously mentally disturbed.

Where is he on the nutso scale in relation to Michael Savage?

Where is he on the nutso scale in relation to Michael Savage?

I think he is less hateful than Savage, but even more emotionally unhinged.

The thing is, not even Fox would give Savage a prime time television slot. Beck and Hannity are bad enough - Savage doesn't even try to hide his reptilian character.

I treat Blacks and Whites who use the N word and B word the same: with contempt and view them as not worthy to be acknowledged by me since I'd be embracing the ignorant and those who flunked home training 101.

Says the guy who a few posts up refered to hispanics as "people who don't habla inglez" in a group that included sexual deviants and food stamp users. All of which I find funny being English is my second language and I clearly have a stronger grasp of it than you do.

I think he is less hateful than Savage, but even more emotionally unhinged.

The thing is, not even Fox would give Savage a prime time television slot. Beck and Hannity are bad enough - Savage doesn't even try to hide his reptilian character.

Savage is a bigger hater but he's not as insane. Beck seems to have a mental problem.

Well, this is how freedom of speech is supposed to work. Anyone can say anything, however, if what you say is uninteresting, offensive, or wrong people certainly have the right to walk away and stop listening.

Agree 100%. My only beef is that Olberpuke is 10 as worst as Beck ( I know give him time) and no one pulls the ads off that flamethrower's diatribe show. and I do understand that the audience and audience levels are different. The companies may want to rethink their public support of this boycott it will certainly hurt their pocketbooks IMO. To each their own I guess.

This is mildly interesting

seems Hupo is a bit off on facts as usual

http://defendglenn.com/color-of-lies-best-buy-denies-boycott-of-glenn-beck.html

to: info@defendglenn.com

date: Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:05 PM

subject: Best Buy

Good afternoon-

I noticed on your web site that you have incorrect information about

Best Buy and advertising related to the Glenn Beck show. Like some other

retailers, we have never been sponsors of the show. We have not

advertised in or around the show. We do advertise on FOX, but only

during an early morning timeframe. We have not changed our advertising

strategy on FOX. It would be helpful if you could relay this information

to your viewers so they are aware.

I am in the office this afternoon if there is someone that would like to

connect directly.

Regards, Lisa

Lisa Svac Hawks

Director, Public Relations

Best Buy

7601 Penn Avenue South

Richfield, MN 55423

This is mildly interesting

seems Hupo is a bit off on facts as usual

Fine, so Best Buy hasn't...what say you about Wal-Mart and the other 7 that are listed...regardless of Best Buy's position the truth is that several very large very influential retailers are moving their advertising away from Beck because they do not wish to be associated with his brand of crazee.

Twa is correct. One is enough to make the entire premise shaky. It's irresponsible reporting esp. for something so easily fact checked. I get down on FOX when they mis-report as they so grossly did with the EATR story (although, it generated a good story and a paycheck for me so :cheers: to FOX) and I think that Huff needs to do better.

Again, this is a really easy story to write and be right about. But in this game if you're wrong about one key fact, you lose all your credibility.

Twa is correct. One is enough to make the entire premise shaky. It's irresponsible reporting esp. for something so easily fact checked. I get down on FOX when they mis-report as they so grossly did with the EATR story (although, it generated a good story and a paycheck for me so :cheers: to FOX) and I think that Huff needs to do better.

Again, this is a really easy story to write and be right about. But in this game if you're wrong about one key fact, you lose all your credibility.

That is not fair, Burgold. This thread is a left vs. right thread and I will get it back on track. :silly: Beck loses how many companies? How many?

Glenn Beck still on the air. Wait, he has a following?

http://www.foxnews.com/glennbeck/index.html

See for yourself.

Archived