Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: 8 Major Companies pull ads from Glenn Beck

AsburySkinsFan

I have no problem with this (and I'm a Beck watcher and fan).

The only concern I have is that this will become the norm to shutdown opposing voices. This could easily open the door into going after every media outlet or talk show host that opposes this administration, and having success in getting them off of the air.

But, I'm sure that's just me being an irrational, fearful nutjob ;)

Because there are a lot of angry, scared people after their party lost an election. So what do they do? Find other angry, scared people in Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Savage, and Beck. It isn't as if they people are educating their audiences or enlightening them with soothing wisdom, either. After, it's their audiences which really believe that H.R. 3200 has a senior citizen killing death panel clause.

Nice try but Fox has been kicking the Asses of MSNBC and CNN for years. The premise of your post is just wrong. Fox offers an alternative POV to the leftist MSNBCSEEBSABCNBCCNNNYTWAPO etal offerings. You can besmirch what they offer and their audience all you want but what you are actually doing is just what ALL the lefties opinion news outlets do daily. That's why Fox has been so successful.

The only concern I have is that this will become the norm to shutdown opposing voices. This could easily open the door into going after every media outlet or talk show host that opposes this administration, and having success in getting them off of the air. But, I'm sure that's just me being an irrational, fearful nutjob ;)

You ever hear of the Dixie Chicks?

After, it's their audiences which really believe that H.R. 3200 has a senior citizen killing death panel clause.

Yea, It's not like the bill actually contain such stuff. :doh:

Center for Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation in a current Democratic bill — decides whether your quality of life, regardless of your political party, merits government-controlled funds to keep you alive. Watch for that life-decider in the final bill. It's already in the stimulus bill signed into law.

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/hentoff081909.php3

Thanks for the laugh!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

This has got to be a candidate for most ignorant post of the year.

Do you have stock in kool-aid

Seems like I got three. I wrote that post as a satire after the response I got to after I denounced the Huff Post for sloppy journalism. I even couched it that way with the "Fine" and ending with "better?"

And CJ,

At least consciously, I don't pretend to be anything I'm not in my writings here. Honestly.

The only concern I have is that this will become the norm to shutdown opposing voices.

It has been happening for years it started after 911 with Bill Maher

you have the far right/left people who try to shut down the other sides proponents

I have had a very non PC message board for 10 years. People are always trying to have it shut down, I have been called commie,nazi,child molester,terrosrist,pervert,prude,informer, etc.

It is because I allow others to express their views, if it is legal by US laws i allow them to post it. So i am always accused of siding with the people who post something others do not like

have learned free speech is not free and both sides would like to stifle the other sides speech.For my 2 cents free speech and free press are out 2 most important liberties

If you do not afree with a show or site then dont watch it or make you own to refute it

It has been happening for years it started after 911 with Bill Maher

you have the far right/left people who try to shut down the other sides proponents

I have had a very non PC message board for 10 years. People are always trying to have it shut down, I have been called commie,nazi,child molester,terrosrist,pervert,prude,informer, etc.

It is because I allow others to express their views, if it is legal by US laws i allow them to post it. So i am always accused of siding with the people who post something others do not like

have learned free speech is not free and both sides would like to stifle the other sides speech.For my 2 cents free speech and free press are out 2 most important liberties

If you do not afree with a show or site then dont watch it or make you own to refute it

That's the thing. Personally I think the HuffPost is an abomination to anything in the journalism field (or close to it). Am I going to cry about it and start a "movement" to shut it down? No....because I respect their freedom to express themselves and their ideas how they see fit.

How are they? :)

Now if you want to see a racially charged website I suggest you visit free republic. :(

Check out their "about us" http://www.colorofchange.org/about.html

The start of it: ColorOfChange.org exists to strengthen Black America's political voice. Our goal is to empower our members—Black Americans and our allies—to make government more responsive to the concerns of Black Americans and to bring about positive political and social change for everyone. If I had a "Color of Change" website to oppose this and it was about empowering whites, would I be racist? Damn skippy I would be :silly:

I love the take action page: http://www.colorofchange.org/campaigns.html

They have 4 main categories of stories: stop so and so, free so and so, support so and so, take action against so and so. All of these groups are easily divided by pictures and race (you can guess what they are for and against).

*Also, their motto is "Changing the color of democracy"....yeah, there's no racial tone to that.....

Check out their "about us" http://www.colorofchange.org/about.html

The start of it: ColorOfChange.org exists to strengthen Black America's political voice. Our goal is to empower our members—Black Americans and our allies—to make government more responsive to the concerns of Black Americans and to bring about positive political and social change for everyone. If I had a "Color of Change" website to oppose this and it was about empowering whites, would I be racist? Damn skippy I would be :silly:

I love the take action page: http://www.colorofchange.org/campaigns.html

They have 4 main categories of stories: stop so and so, free so and so, support so and so, take action against so and so. All of these groups are easily divided by pictures and race (you can guess what they are for and against).

*Also, their motto is "Changing the color of democracy"....yeah, there's no racial tone to that.....

That's what you call racially charged?

That site is just bringing to light issues/injustices that concern minorities.

From the way you described the site I thought I would see a bunch of posts saying "Kill whitey" or something. :silly:

DING DING DING.

Absolutely.

Let's also not hear any complaints from those companies if people boycott THEM for boycotting Beck.

It's all part of the beauty of Capitalism.

Yeah, Walmart execs are quaking in their collective boots...

That's what you call racially charged?

That site is just bringing to light issues/injustices that concern minorities.

Fro the way you described the site I thought

Should I let you finished that last thought before responding? ;)

*Dammit!

....Beck never said "kill blacky" - all he said was that he felt the POTUS is racist. He gave his opinion on that. The site's opinion is that democracy is apparently being led by the wrong color and they are out to change that. It's just as racially charged as Beck's comment was. While neither should be cause to sound the alarm, there are racial undertones to each. That's why I'm saying that those calling for Beck's sponsors to pull out are being hypocritical.

Archived