Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: 8 Major Companies pull ads from Glenn Beck

AsburySkinsFan

There's only one problem with those companies pulling their ads from Beck's show...

He has 3 times the viewership in that timeslot of the next closest channel. Over 3 times, actually. I can't imagine that he's going to be hurt by this in the long run. Maybe I'm wrong, but his time slot is advertising gold.

Source please

http://www.colorofchange.org/about.html

What Is ColorOfChange.org?

ColorOfChange.org exists to strengthen Black America's political voice. Our goal is to empower our members—Black Americans and our allies—to make government more responsive to the concerns of Black Americans and to bring about positive political and social change for everyone.

We were heart-broken and outraged by the catastrophe that followed Hurricane Katrina. And we were devastated to realize that no African-American organization or coalition had the capacity to respond on the necessary scale.

Hurricane Katrina made it clear that our lack of a political voice has life-and-death consequences. With no one to speak for them, hundreds of thousands of people—largely Black, poor, and elderly—were left behind to die. But it wasn't just Black folks. Poor, sick, and elderly people of every color were abandoned too. We are not alone, and when we work to protect Black lives and interests, we do the same for all who have been left behind in political silence.

ColorOfChange.org is comprised of Black folks from every economic class, as well as those of every color who seek to help our voices be heard. Our members are united behind a simple, powerful pledge: we will do all we can to make sure all Americans are represented, served, and protected—regardless of race or class.

What We Do

Using the Internet, we will enable our members to speak in unison, with an amplified political voice. We will keep them informed about the most pressing issues for Black people in America and give them ways to act. We will lobby elected representatives using email, the telephone, and face-to-face meetings. We'll bring attention to the needs and concerns of Black folks by holding coordinated events in different parts of the country, running TV and print advertisements, and demanding that the news media cover our issues. We will also work with other groups—online efforts and other organizations that are doing related work—to magnify our impact.

When we come together and speak with one voice, we cannot be ignored.

Large block of text.

What's that showing though?

That they are upset with what happened during Katrina to the city? That people didn't leave when they were given days in advance? I'm not saying it wasn't a tragedy, but there was little to no action taken on the people's parts.

What's that showing though?

That they are upset with what happened during Katrina to the city? That people didn't leave when they were given days in advance? I'm not saying it wasn't a tragedy, but there was little to no action taken on the people's parts.

Alot of those people couldn't leave.

They are/were dirt poor.

Personally, I think Katrina was bungled on a number of fronts...including at the state and local level

Beck is the "MAN"! Of course you ignorant Liberals don't undertand what he stands for?? Do you really think Fox will pull his show because some lame ass sponsors pull ads from his show? He speaks his mind and tells the truth, oh wait were not allowed to do that under "BO".

Obama and the whole democract party is in shambles and completely falling apart. I LOVE watching Obama fail with his socialized policies.

...and he'll contradict himself in a span of three months depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Alot of those people couldn't leave.

They are/were dirt poor.

Personally, I think Katrina was bungled on a number of fronts...including at the state and local level

It was definitely bungled on a number of fronts, but what I saw as well was people who wouldn't help themselves - rich or poor.

I remember a short time after that (maybe a little longer than a short time :D) there was massive flooding across the midwest. What did I see on the news? Neighbors helping neighbors to board up, sandbag homes, prepare, etc.

After seeing such a stark contrast, my view of what happened in New Orleans changed (rightly or wrongly).

Nice try but Fox has been kicking the Asses of MSNBC and CNN for years. The premise of your post is just wrong. Fox offers an alternative POV to the leftist MSNBCSEEBSABCNBCCNNNYTWAPO etal offerings. You can besmirch what they offer and their audience all you want but what you are actually doing is just what ALL the lefties opinion news outlets do daily. That's why Fox has been so successful.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Please demonstrate how my premise is "wrong."

Nothing I said is incorrect -- Fox News has become the base camp for plenty of "angry" people since Obama won. Also, Fox News is NOT always "kicking the Asses of MSNBC and CNN for years." When Fox News reached #1 (Obama won, they had a 34% increase in viewership: So much for my "wrong" premise). they crowed about it to no ends. Why? Because they had NOT been the #1 rated cable program.

Fox is definitely a right-wing alternative, one that is programmed for maximum propaganda. After all, this station was started to be a specific mouthpiece for the Republican party. It is even headed by a former GOP operative.

If Fox News didn't outright distort facts, then there would be no need to "besmirch." It is that simple. And when they do that, they become easy targets for the "lefty" news outlets. That is when criticism is due and justified; apparently, though, you expect everyone to be silent as they propel their rubbish.

And you're probably totally unaware of this fact, but every journalist is not "left-wing," either. All those other stations that you mentioned (in one breath, which is silly because they are not all one and the same) actually have "real deal" reporting. That is why you rarely see a Fox News news story reference, unlike those other networks.

Take Christiane Amanpour's reporting on CNN -- there isn't nothing equivalent on Fox News, with its daily dose of sound bites and snarky reporting.

It was definitely bungled on a number of fronts, but what I saw as well was people who wouldn't help themselves - rich or poor.

It is hard to help yourself when the city is flooded and you are stuck. And plenty of people did help themselves -- that is why they survived. But you seemed to have forgotten the days and days when people were trapped at the Superdome while our US government did nothing to help them.

it was one of the more embarrassing moments in US history.

I remember a short time after that (maybe a little longer than a short time :D) there was massive flooding across the midwest. What did I see on the news? Neighbors helping neighbors to board up, sandbag homes, prepare, etc.

After seeing such a stark contrast, my view of what happened in New Orleans changed (rightly or wrongly).

So, you didn't see any of the footage from Katrina, before and afterward, of people helping each other? Have you ever watched any of the Katrina documentaries?

Let me guess: You watch Fox News, right?

Also, Katrina was more then a simple flood -- it was a hurricane, with a wave of water that came and overwhelmed a lot of people.

"colorofchange" is another Democratic shill organization. Obviously this is politically charged, under the guise of being racially charged.

Color of change was started after Katrina and has become an advocate for American black causes. Compare this to the corporate shills of the right-wing, such as FreedomWorks, or, even worse, a shill such as Glenn Beck.

Notice how black organizations, such as the NAACP and Color of Change are always attacked by the right-wing? Hmmm. I wonder why . . . .And, gee, a black liberal becomes President and right-wing anger is unleashed . . . I wonder why, again.

Fox offers an alternative POV

Don't you mean an alternate reality? Or at least so says Charles Krauthammer. What's funny is that insanity is evaluated on one's ability to judge reality, Charles is proud that Fox has created a network devoted to the spreading of insanity. Seems that Glenn Beck it at the forefront in boldly creating this alternative reality; defined as insanity.

I know its from HuffPost, but here it is, and I know there's another thread about Glenn Beck losing sponsors but I can't find it.

All I can say is..."it's only a matter of time now."

That's interesting because I saw a poll the other day that Fox was crushing both CNN and MSNBC in the ratings war by almost 2-1 in the PrimeTime slot.

That's interesting because I saw a poll the other day that Fox was crushing both CNN and MSNBC in the ratings war by almost 2-1 in the PrimeTime slot.

This is what happens when you have a station devoted to one side of the political aisle. With the other stations, you have a bit more spread among the audience (due to competition).

Considering the questionable content on many of Fox's daily programming, I am not sure what this says about their viewership. When you have a kook such as Glenn Beck as their number one guy, this isn't exactly a a fantastic indicator.

I have no problem with this (and I'm a Beck watcher and fan).

The only concern I have is that this will become the norm to shutdown opposing voices. This could easily open the door into going after every media outlet or talk show host that opposes this administration, and having success in getting them off of the air.

But, I'm sure that's just me being an irrational, fearful nutjob ;)

Calling Sponsors and telling them about your displeasure of their advertising expenditures and then letting the free market work is not shutting down anyone.

Just like if conservative republicans hated WHAT Kanye West said about bush they could boycott buying his cds - could he kept kicking Bush like a can:

"Who gave Saddam anthrax- George Bush has the answers?"

"How do you stop the black panthers -Ronald Regan cooked up an answer"

-West- Crack Music

"I know the goverment adminsters AIDS"

Herd em say

Since Mr. West still sells albums- I guess the market either agrees or dosent care about controversal statements

Calling Sponsors and telling them about your displeasure of their advertising expenditures and then letting the free market work is not shutting down anyone.

Exactly. The irony is that the right-wing is always complaining about journalists, and even at the height of the Iraq war, suggested that some should be arrested for "anti-American reporting."

As I said before, authoritarians always despise the media, except for what they can control.

I was driving my car the other day by a telephone pole that I never looked at before in my life and you know what? Viewership of that same telephone pole was up nearly 300% as I went by...of course it might have had something to do with the fact that there was an SUV wrapped around it. Sorry, JMS but everyone loves a good car wreck and we are a nation of rubber neckers.

I was driving my car the other day by a telephone pole that I never looked at before in my life and you know what? Viewership of that same telephone pole was up nearly 300% as I went by...of course it might have had something to do with the fact that there was an SUV wrapped around it. Sorry, JMS but everyone loves a good car wreck and we are a nation of rubber neckers.

:hysterical:

Good post.

FTR, I agree with Kilmer. This is free speech and capitalism in action.

~Bang

Good analogy. :-)

BTW, this {Daily Show) clip shows Beck's complete hypocrisy on health care. A year and a half ago he was complaining about the treatment he received as a patient when he had an operation, and now, he's making the claim that we have "the best system in the world."

It's as if Beck has no principles - golly, could that be true?

http://vodpod.com/watch/2053228-jon-stewart-on-glenn-becks-run-in-with-the-american-health-care-system

BTW, this {Daily Show) clip shows Beck's complete hypocrisy on health care. A year and a half ago he was complaining about the treatment he received as a patient when he had an operation, and now, he's making the claim that we have "the best system in the world."

It's as if Beck has no principles - golly, could that be true?

http://vodpod.com/watch/2053228-jon-stewart-on-glenn-becks-run-in-with-the-american-health-care-system

Ouch. :)

Archived