Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: 8 Major Companies pull ads from Glenn Beck

AsburySkinsFan

I know its from HuffPost, but here it is, and I know there's another thread about Glenn Beck losing sponsors but I can't find it.

All I can say is..."it's only a matter of time now."

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy, GMAC Among 8 Major Companies to Pull Ads From Glenn Beck Show

Updated: 08-17-09 06:16 PM

Walmart, Best Buy, CVS, and GMAC are among eight major advertisers that have confirmed pulling their advertising from Fox News' "Glenn Beck" program in light of his comments that President Obama is a racist.

The advertisers did not pull their spots from Fox News, but rather requested that their ads do not air during Beck's 5PM program.

The advertisers in the latest round of pull-out from Beck's show and their statements to ColorOfChange.org:

• Allergan (maker of Restasis): "We reviewed our commercial schedule, and based on your feedback, we've put any programming featuring Glenn Beck on our "do not air" list. This means that you will no longer see any Restasis ads during programming featuring Glenn Beck. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention."
  • Ally Bank (a unit of GMAC Financial Services): "Ally advertises on a broad spectrum of programs to reach our potential customers. Our advertising is not an endorsement of editorial content on any program. We have ceased to advertise on the Glenn Beck program."
  • Best Buy
  • Broadview Security: "Given the considerations, we have requested of Fox News not to include us in the rotation that would have our commercials running on Glenn Beck's show."
  • CVS: "While advertising on Fox is part of our communication plan, we had not requested time on Glenn Beck's show specifically. We have instructed our advertising agency to inform Fox to ensure Glenn Beck's program is not part of our advertising plan."
  • Re-Bath: "...We are no longer airing our commercials on the Glenn Beck Show..."
  • Travelocity: "We did not specifically place our ad on the show. We buy ads in bulk and then they are placed somewhat randomly. However, we have now specifically asked that our ads do not appear during this show."
  • Wal-Mart: "Walmart today confirmed the retailer pulled ads from the Glenn Beck show on August 3rd,"

wow...this was necessary? was what he said REALLY that bad?

The advertisers may have done it for the craziness, or the doom and gloom (unless advertiser is selling supplies for the apocalypse :silly:), or just for calling the sitting POTUS racist.

The advertisers may have done it for the craziness, or the doom and gloom (unless advertiser is selling supplies for the apocalypse :silly:), or just for calling the sitting POTUS racist.

Funny how I remember the Conservatives losing their collective minds when some musician said that Bush hated blacks, and yet Beck calls the sitting President a racist and its suddenly "freedom of speech":doh:

wow...this was necessary? was what he said REALLY that bad?

How many radio stations pulled the Dixie Chicks from their playlists back in '02? People get very touchy when other people talk trash about the President.

Of course, the Dixie Chicks didn't go away because of it. And neither will Beck.

Well, this is how freedom of speech is supposed to work. Anyone can say anything, however, if what you say is uninteresting, offensive, or wrong people certainly have the right to walk away and stop listening.

DING DING DING.

Absolutely.

Let's also not hear any complaints from those companies if people boycott THEM for boycotting Beck.

It's all part of the beauty of Capitalism.

DING DING DING.

Absolutely.

Let's also not hear any complaints from those companies if people boycott THEM for boycotting Beck.

It's all part of the beauty of Capitalism.

Agreed.

I was just speaking to my agent and we both agreed that we understand why Ann Coulter gets such huge advances. She makes publishers a ton of dough. We wish it wasn't so. We wish that people would prefer a higher minded discourse or literary art, but those publishers should pay Coulter and they should publish her books.

When they stop selling they should ignore her. Me, as a consumer or an advertiser, I get to choose individually if I want to sponsor her. If I don't I may lose money because she generates interest and that's fine. If my opinion hurts her bottom line... honestly, that's fine too.

Funny how I remember the Conservatives losing their collective minds when some musician said that Bush hated blacks, and yet Beck calls the sitting President a racist and its suddenly "freedom of speech":doh:

It's also funny how blacks can go running around calling each other "n-word" this and "n-word" that and calling white people crackers....but a white person dies when it's said. It's also sad how many people think only a black man can say the word racist but the minute a white person does........it's just ludicrous, stupid, and lets just burn him to the stake. And bringing up Kayne West? The guy's IQ is lower than 50 and shouldn't even have an opinion. He is politically retarded, knows absolutely nothing about politics, but figured since eveyone else was against Mr. Bush it was the right thing to call him a racist.

It's also funny how blacks can go running around calling each other "n-word" this and "n-word" that and calling white people crackers....but a white person dies when it's said. It's also sad how many people think only a black man can say the word racist but the minute a white person does........it's just ludicrous, stupid, and lets just burn him to the stake. And bringing up Kayne West? The guy's IQ is lower than 50 and shouldn't even have an opinion. He is politically retarded, knows absolutely nothing about politics, but figured since eveyone else was against Mr. Bush it was the right thing to call him a racist.

Well, that came in out of right field.

Archived