Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: 8 Major Companies pull ads from Glenn Beck

AsburySkinsFan

Fine. Have it your way.

From what I can tell Beck is a shock jock without a brain in his head or the ability to make a cogent thought. He suceeds by creating fires and playing to the lowest dominator which is usually the Right since they tend to be reactive and less capable or willing to wrestle with an issue, but needed things painted in Kindergarten black and white.

Sadly, Beck is not even an extreme example of this. This is the norm for Conservative ideologues. They lack the sophistication, nuance and integrity of their left peers like Olberman and Michael Moore.

Thank God, some companies are coming to the light and leaving his show. There may be a chance for America yet!

Better?

:rotflmao:

OMG is all I can say. Well, one more....WOW!!!!!!!!

:cheers::evil:

I probably shouldn't say anything b/c I probably would wake up to see fifty posts in angry protest to what they believe was a wholly serious post, but oh well...

Beck is the "MAN"! Of course you ignorant Liberals don't undertand what he stands for?? Do you really think Fox will pull his show because some lame ass sponsors pull ads from his show? He speaks his mind and tells the truth, oh wait were not allowed to do that under "BO".

Obama and the whole democract party is in shambles and completely falling apart. I LOVE watching Obama fail with his socialized policies.

:cheers::evil:

I probably shouldn't say anything b/c I probably would wake up to see fifty posts in angry protest to what they believe was a wholly serious post, but oh well...

No, that was well put. But in all seriousness, Beck is a loon...but I tend to portray the things he says in a WAY more different light than what he comes off as. And you(and MJ and Asbury) tend to take anything Olberdouche has to say and agree with it, but not to THAT extent.

Here's the problem. I do not put Beck at a MM level yet. The advertisers obviously have...but that doesn't necessarily say the way the country feels as a whole. I would be willing to put money that(even though MM hasn't been in the spotlight lately) he is the most hated between the two. The guy is a douchebag. Only the loons on the left agree with him. With Beck, the loons on the right definitely agree with him...but so does "middle America. See: the townhall meetings.

Beck is the "MAN"! Of course you ignorant Liberals don't undertand what he stands for?? Do you really think Fox will pull his show because some lame ass sponsors pull ads from his show? He speaks his mind and tells the truth, oh wait were not allowed to do that under "BO".

Obama and the whole democract party is in shambles and completely falling apart. I LOVE watching Obama fail with his socialized policies.

Your honor I present the above post as exhibit number 1,258 as evidence that Beck and his lunacy needs to come off the air for the very simple and obvious fact that there are people who actually believe what he says is true.

/sarcasm

BTW capitolpunishment, do you really consider Wal-Mart the world's largest employer a light weight?

Completely misread your post after reading Asbury's comment. If you make him irate, chances are I'm on your side.

Sorry, Asbury, you know where we stand. LOL

And you(and MJ and Asbury) tend to take anything Olberdouche has to say and agree with it, but not to THAT extent.

Woah! Hold on there cjc, I can't stand Olberman, in my book he's right there with Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly; with O'Reilly being marginally better than the other two toads.

Your honor I present the above post as exhibit number 1,258 as evidence that Beck and his lunacy needs to come off the air for the very simple and obvious fact that there are people who actually believe what he says is true.

/sarcasm

BTW capitolpunishment, do you really consider Wal-Mart the world's largest employer a light weight?

Why do you think Beck has the following he has along with Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Savage, the list goes on. They dont need the large sponsors like trash mart. It's so funny how people like you wonder why all these conservtive talk shows have so many followers and the liberal talk show host can't even make it a year on the air??

Woah! Hold on there cjc, I can't stand Olberman, in my book he's right there with Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly; with O'Reilly being marginally better than the other two toads.

Dude, I sit here and refuse to argue that fact with you. You posted HOW MANY??? youtube clips of Olbermann bashing Bush???? And don't you even try to argue this. You know what I'm talking about.

Olbermann "hits it out of the park with this one" nonsense. I specifically remember this because I could not have disagreed more at the time.

Why do you think Beck has the following he has along with Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Savage, the list goes on. They dont need the large sponsors like trash mart. It's so funny how people like you wonder why all these conservtive talk shows have so many followers and the liberal talk show host can't even make it a year on the air??

:applause:

Damn, man. Here's a beer. :cheers: Couldn't agree more.

One of the great advantages and disadvantages of not owning cable is that I don't really get maximum exposure to any of these clowns from the Right or Left. That said, it probably means that my understanding of them is skewed because of a smaller sample size and the influence of the types of pieces that wind up crossing my radar.

On Olberman, I've read some stuff that makes me shake my head, my fist, and occassionally just scratch my head, but then again sometimes he'll say something I agree with. My sense is that he is over the top in the same negative way that I view a Rush or Hannity. To be honest, I kind of like O'Reilly because every so often he actually does generate an interesting and seemingly sincere argument, but then he'll go off on one of his shock tirades... and I'll remember all the negative stuff. Michael Moore is a doofus. He's a really good conversation starter, can be funny, but you can't trust him and you shouldn't.

The problem I have with most of them is that they come with an agenda. A good commentator ought to have a point of view, but not an agenda. You shouldn't know what they are going to say and how they are going to approach every topic before they start. It damages or makes it hard to believe they are credible.

On Olberman, I've read some stuff that makes me shake my head, my fist, and occassionally just scratch my head, but then again sometimes he'll say something I agree with. My sense is that he is over the top in the same negative way that I view a Rush or Hannity. To be honest, I kind of like O'Reilly because every so often he actually does generate an interesting and seemingly sincere argument, but then he'll go off on one of his shock tirades... and I'll remember all the negative stuff. Michael Moore is a doofus. He's a really good conversation starter, can be funny, but you can't trust him and you shouldn't.

From the top, you agree with Olberman and you "sense" he is a blowhard...but you refuse to say it.

You like O'Reilly but when he speaks against your leftist ways, he drowns you out and all you can remember is the conservative stuff he believes in.

MM is a "good conversation starter" but when he goes on his liberal rants you "just can't trust him". Trust what? That he is a left-leaning liberal and has an agenda??? Look Burgold. You try to come off as some moderate, but you listen to your guys and I listen to mine. Your guys are in control and losing any faith in the American people that they had.

Olberman's ratings compared to Fox = :pooh:

Michael Moore has been known and will always be known as :pooh:

Beck is losing ads. Let's say he goes, not likely. You still have Fox News which is trouncing your left leaning networks that people are finding out are there for Obama. Now what? Elections are coming and the spin begins.

I don't think I buy your spin, but that's cool. I actually don't listen to Olberman. If I did it's possible that you would be right.

Now, as to me, if I needed to label myself I would call myself a lib and probably not a moderate, however, I do try to take on each issue honestly and fairly. That's my biggest grief with all the shock jocks. I think that their point is defined for them before they ever hear it or take a look at the facts. They are ruled by their biases. That's absolutely true for Moore and Rush and their ilk. That's where O'Reilly is better sometimes. It's not that I like him when he agrees with me, but that he can actually go against currents sometimes.

On the other hand, if you are simply arguing that I tend to agree with people who agree with me more often...

Well duh :D

I don't think I buy your spin, but that's cool. I actually don't listen to Olberman. If I did it's possible that you would be right.

Now, as to me, if I needed to label myself I would call myself a lib and probably not a moderate, however, I do try to take on each issue honestly and fairly. That's my biggest grief with all the shock jocks. I think that their point is defined for them before they ever hear it or take a look at the facts. They are ruled by their biases. That's absolutely true for Moore and Rush and their ilk. That's where O'Reilly is better sometimes. It's not that I like him when he agrees with me, but that he can actually go against currents sometimes.

On the other hand, if you are simply arguing that I tend to agree with people who agree with me more often...

Well duh :D

All except the last part...horse ****. :)

Well then why pretend otherwise, Burgold? You, obvious to us here, are a very intelligent person. Your intelligence will not sway anyone any which way because we are dead-set in our ways. You are liberal and most here know it. Stop trying to denounce liberal talking points like you do...because, in fact, you do agree with them.

I'm sure there are posters like myself who enjoy reading back and forth between yourself and conservative posters like twa, chipwich, Snyder, and I know I'm forgetting another. The fact remains that in my view of this country, you are wrong. In your view of this country, you are right. Best keep fighting because the discussions you have with all the posters above are viewed A LOT. If you truly feel the way that you do, don't let up.

But, as you know, your ideas are being crushed by the American public. Two things you can do. Piss and moan here, or start here.

I, along with many here, see you as very intelligent. The problem is you're telling it to who?

Because there are a lot of angry, scared people after their party lost an election. So what do they do? Find other angry, scared people in Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Savage, and Beck. It isn't as if they people are educating their audiences or enlightening them with soothing wisdom, either. After, it's their audiences which really believe that H.R. 3200 has a senior citizen killing death panel clause.

Sadly, Beck is not even an extreme example of this. This is the norm for Conservative ideologues. They lack the sophistication, nuance and integrity of their left peers like Olberman and Michael Moore.

Thanks for the laugh!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I don't know how anyone can make a thread with it's basis in the Huffington Post after the Palin/Trig article.

Typical democrat/leftist tactics: when losing the war of ideas, throw out charges of racism. Yet, Keith Uberdouche repeatedly puts forth the ridiculously insane theory that the rejection of the democratic sponsored healthcare reform bills are based on racial fears because we have a black president and latino supreme court justice.

Add to that, the Speaker of the House and others calling those who are protesting these bills "unamerican" after they complained how horrible it was when people said the samething about them for speaking out against the Iraq War. The level of hypocrisy is astounding...

Why-Click_this_thread.jpg

Seriously, what a partisan ****-show it's turned into.

As for Glenn Beck, he actually does have his moments in which he's saying things that few other talking heads are willing to say, and I applaud him for it. (His Tea Party Protest broadcast from the Alamo was damn good.) But then he has his... other... moments, and I feel like I'm watching somebody who forgot to take his Very Important Pills that morning.

Seriously, what a partisan ****-show it's turned into.

As for Glenn Beck, he actually does have his moments in which he's saying things that few other talking heads are willing to say, and I applaud him for it. (His Tea Party Protest broadcast from the Alamo was damn good.) But then he has his... other... moments, and I feel like I'm watching somebody who forgot to take his Very Important Pills that morning.

After getting that hilarious monkey pic out....I have to say, you need to realize that this administration has went and gone with their rhetoric(nothing!) and realized that their way of doing things is so unpopular, the left on this site are in shambles.

What do his ratings look like? That's what matters... It's not like they will have trouble getting advertising if people watch. I don't watch, but I'm sure some do. If people watch Maddow, Beck doesn't sound much different (just the opposing view).

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/07/30/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-july-29-2009/23925

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)

Glenn Beck– 2,136,000 viewers (524,000) (969,000)

Situation Room—802,000 viewers (206,000) (319,000)

Hardball w/ Chris Matthews—688,000 viewers (189,000) (308,000)

Fast Money—238,000 viewers (92,000) (135,000)

Prime News–264,000 viewers (121,000) (141,000)

of course these are the most recent numbers I could find, and they were before the "controversy" erupted.

Because there are a lot of angry, scared people after their party lost an election. So what do they do? Find other angry, scared people in Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Savage, and Beck. It isn't as if they people are educating their audiences or enlightening them with soothing wisdom, either. After, it's their audiences which really believe that H.R. 3200 has a senior citizen killing death panel clause.

1) something tells me the announcers you mention were popular prior to any recent election.

2) losing elections don't scare people, but this particular administration & it's policies do.

Seriously, the American people voted for him by a 3-6% margin and after the election he enjoyed a very high approval rating. Why would you think it's losing the election that has caused this? You aren't blind (figuratively) or stupid.

Archived