Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: 8 Major Companies pull ads from Glenn Beck

AsburySkinsFan

Beck himself has touched upon this issue, along with guests such as Michael Steele.

Why would I hold them responsible when they are showing clips of what these people have clalimed? Are they are not supposed to report it?

So Beck and Fox are bad for reporting it, but MSNBC is okay to do it?

Olbermann spoke at length the otehr night about the NEED to have end of life consultations MANDATORY in the bill.

I believe he's a Jehovah's witness and is all about the children and ethics and talking about being a reformed alcoholic. His "morals" seem okay to me?

I complained once about doctors... doesn't mean i want to scrap the Entire system for Canada's.. Who are going more Private since 2005...

nice personal hit on someone though. you keep trying.

So Glenn Beck saying one thing, then a year later, changing his viewpoint amidst a political charged atmosphere seems like "good" morals? And this video is a "hit" because it demonstrates his hypocrisy?

:doh:

"How dare you show Beck's inability to stay consistent on an issue. That's a personal hit! How dare you use his words against him!"

Why am I not surprised? Republicans have no trouble with shifting points of view. Support end of life consultation one day, then call it death panels the next. And it's the right-wing who accuses the liberals of having "Moral relativism."

So Beck and Fox are bad for reporting it, but MSNBC is okay to do it?

Fox just doesn't report it. Beck has touched upon this subject with more then one host. There is a difference between reporting a story and purveying it.

Olbermann spoke at length the otehr night about the NEED to have end of life consultations MANDATORY in the bill.

Because end of life consulting is NOT a "death panel." After all of this debate we'd have, do you still not know what we're talking about? And Olbermann was right -- seniors SHOULD have it. After all, it was the REPUBLICANS who made this an issue with Terri Schiavo, and it is a GOOD idea. That is why a REPUBLICAN doctor suggested that section of H.R. 3200.

And every time this issue is brought up, I must point out that the Repubicans supported a REAL death panel in the 1999 Advance Directives Act. Again, more moral relativism from the GOP.

DING DING DING.

Absolutely.

Let's also not hear any complaints from those companies if people boycott THEM for boycotting Beck.

It's all part of the beauty of Capitalism.

Touche, my friend Kilmer. We can play that game as well:

CVS- I Will no longer send my patients there

GMAC- Will not buy or lease from them again

Wal-mart- I don't shop there, it's a dump

Color of change was started after Katrina and has become an advocate for American black causes. Compare this to the corporate shills of the right-wing, such as FreedomWorks, or, even worse, a shill such as Glenn Beck.

Notice how black organizations, such as the NAACP and Color of Change are always attacked by the right-wing? Hmmm. I wonder why . . . .And, gee, a black liberal becomes President and right-wing anger is unleashed . . . I wonder why, again.

Shilling is shilling. Both sides do it. Trouble is, there are those who cannot spot partisan shilling and truly think that the organizations you mentioned are something other than party controlled propagandists.

Shilling is shilling. Both sides do it. Trouble is, there are those who cannot spot partisan shilling and truly think that the organizations you mentioned are something other than party controlled propagandists.

When you hear Color of Change call someone a racist, then it would be easier to spot. I neve rheard them call Bush a racist because of what happened during Katrina.

Beck makes himself look like a fool for saying that Obama is a racist or he has a serious problem with white people, being as though his mom, grandmother and grandfather, and uncle are white.

You know what is bad about the comment Beck made about Obama being racist or having a serious problem with white people: The fact that Obama's MOTHER is WHITE and his grand parents were WHITE, and his UNCLE is WHITE.

It simply made no sense at all.

Just because he has family that is white, doesn't mean the Beck's statements were inacurate. Not that they are, just saying it proves nothing.

Just by Obamas statement about the gates situation, shows that he isn't so non-racial as he told he was trying to get elected.

Not to mention my statement still holds true. things said from the other side have been equal to or even worse about Bush and that was ok, advertisers seemed ok with it.

Just because he has family that is white, doesn't mean the Beck's statements were inacurate. Not that they are, just saying it proves nothing.

Just by Obamas statement about the gates situation, shows that he isn't so non-racial as he told he was trying to get elected.

Not to mention my statement still holds true. things said from the other side have been equal to or even worse about Bush and that was ok, advertisers seemed ok with it.

81artmonk have you lost your mind? So he hates/has a problem with white people even though he has family that is white, his chief of staff, press secretary and and advisors are white, and yet he is still a racist? You really believe that? From my vantage point if he had a problem with/didn't like white people, he wouldn't have them a)advising him and B) working for him.

Yeah him saying the police acted stupidly for arresated a man in his own house is the most racist thing I have ever heard. :silly:

Has Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews ever called President Bush a racist??? If they have please enlighten me.

When someone makes a claim of racism always consider the sorce and logic:

Terrell Owens claimed that Ozzie Newsome is a racist a few years back-Do you conisder TO trust worthy

does that accusation make a lick of sense to you

Skip Bayless also insinuated that Tom Landry was a racist over player pay between races

do you consider Skip trustworthy and know the difference between gm and coach?

I consider both as trustworhty as Beck for we have beck on record as being inconsistant

The NAACP is a century old this year, as a note.

As an organization, it definitely has a political stance which corresponds with the Democratic party. None too surprising, though, since most blacks vote with that party as well. But party controlled "propagandists"? That's a bit much, considering the nature of the organization itself.

What are black Americans supposed to think when organizations associated with the civil rights movement are attacked and the first black president is called a "racist" by Glenn Beck?

The officer in the Gates situation wasn't very smart. He arrested a private citizen in his home without a warrant, violating his civil liberties and constitutional rights. Why was Gates arrested? Because he got angry . . . in his home.

Oh, but Gates was the hero and the president was wrong?

Yeah, so much for the conservative support of "freedom" and "individual liberties."

I don't recall any major new pundits accusing Bush of hating black people.

It is hard to help yourself when the city is flooded and you are stuck. And plenty of people did help themselves -- that is why they survived. But you seemed to have forgotten the days and days when people were trapped at the Superdome while our US government did nothing to help them.

it was one of the more embarrassing moments in US history.

The help I was mentioning was in preventative action. I do remember the days of the government not getting aid in, but what has always stuck out as well is stories of rapes that happened in the Superdome during this time.

So, you didn't see any of the footage from Katrina, before and afterward, of people helping each other? Have you ever watched any of the Katrina documentaries?

Let me guess: You watch Fox News, right?

Also, Katrina was more then a simple flood -- it was a hurricane, with a wave of water that came and overwhelmed a lot of people.

I've seen the footage and maybe one or two documentaries. The negatives are what have stuck out in my mind.

I do watch Fox News....for all of an hour a day (Beck) - and that's becoming a rarity for me now as work and school are getting in the way. Sometimes I'll watch their morning show, but I'll mainly flip between the local news networks and CNN. Occasionally I'll watch MSNBC out of curiosity as to what they are speaking about.

Calling Sponsors and telling them about your displeasure of their advertising expenditures and then letting the free market work is not shutting down anyone.

I didn't say it was....in fact, I said I have no problem with it. Let me reiterate: my concern is that this will become the norm to silence all opposing voices to anything this administration does. Right or wrong, misplaced or not, it's a concern of mine. Now, is that so difficult? :)

81artmonk have you lost your mind? So he hates/has a problem with white people even though he has family that is white, his chief of staff, press secretary and and advisors are white, and yet he is still a racist? You really believe that? From my vantage point if he had a problem with/didn't like white people, he wouldn't have them a)advising him and B) working for him.

Firstly I've never said anything of the sort. Which happens quite frequently here on the board, people mis-read and don't comprehend correctly. Please refrain from putting words in mouth...thanks

Yeah him saying the police acted stupidly for arresated a man in his own house is the most racist thing I have ever heard. :silly:

He accused the police of racial profiling before knowing all the facts. yes for a standing president to act in that manner and say what he did, is not only foolish but extremely stupid.

Has Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews ever called President Bush a racist??? If they have please enlighten me.

Kayne west, Whoopie. Not a news personality, but did so on live tv to a large audience.

When someone makes a claim of racism always consider the sorce and logic:

Have I gone to the twighlight zone!! When I have said anything regarding racial statements. All I have done is comment on ad people pulling out of the Beck show. geez, get things straight!!:doh:

Alot of those people couldn't leave.

They are/were dirt poor.

I'm not sure you can appreciate the attitude of the typical Gulf Coaster in regards to Hurricanes. Before Katrina, a large number of locals just wouldn't leave. "We're riding it out" was the mantra.

I lived on the Mississippi Gulf Coast for 5 years and New Orleans for 3. I made several friends at the Desire Street Projects where I volunteered and they could have easily left town and stayed with relatives. They laughed at us every time we bugged out, because that was something transplants did. They just didn't take Hurricanes seriously.

Whites in Mississippi and blacks in New Orleans were the same. The locals just wouldn't budge. This had nothing to do with education or income or government screwing up.

No he didn't. Stop making things up.

Obama said the police acted stupidly. The Police Commissioner responded by saying Crowley didn't engage in racial profiling. I think the two got intertwined quickly enough that a person can be forgiven for assuming that was the intent behind Obama's words.

No he didn't. Stop making things up.

Ok here is what he said. sorry for the misquote.

"I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that."

"what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately"

You couple those two together and IMO it becomes evident that the president is subtly making a conclusion or public statement on the racial motivation regrading his friend that he shouldn't have.

Ok here is what he said. sorry for the misquote.

You couple those two together and IMO it becomes evident that the president is subtly making a conclusion or public statement on the racial motivation regrading his friend that he shouldn't have.

No, if YOU couple those together you can get the conclusion you want.

I watched the whole thing, and that was not the point I took away from it. Here's the whole clip. Watch it - it's only about 3 minutes long. You watch that to the end and then try to tell me that Obama's off the cuff comments were as outrageous as some people here are claiming.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2009/07/23/obama_scolds_cambridge_police/

He didn't actually say it...but drawing conclusions makes you very apprehensive about what he meant.

Regardless, "the police acted stupidly" was just wrong.

I agree. I would not have said that (even though I think that they did act stupidly...)

Or maybe I would have said it. I'm not perfect, and it wasn't a scripted speech.

Archived