Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: 8 Major Companies pull ads from Glenn Beck

AsburySkinsFan

It just fries my butt when people pick on fox and legitimize the others. If fox is guilty than so are the others. Don't pick one out to pill onto while leaving the others behind.

Then just call Fox what it is; the GOP media, and call for them to stop saying they are "Fair & Balanced".

I've repeatedly bashed MSNBC who I feel is the worst offender on the Left. I just want to see you do the same for Fox.

As for your thought that Fox is Center-Right well I am certain that you are entitled to your opinion, but when the rest of the world looks at Bill Kristol, Karl Rove, Fred Barnes, Charles Krauthammer, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, and Bill O'Reilly (who know seems the voice of reason compared with the others :silly:) most of us do not see Center-Right. Instead we see the embodiment of the Right Wing. I'm still trying to find a news network that employs any former White House Deputy Chief of Staff. Heck I watched Beck last night and he had Rove on there and it was like a circluar amen corner. That's not balanced and it certainly wasn't center.

Thanks for sharing the video.

I notice that he said there is a "fringe element" within Ron Paul supporters that may get radical against the government. I don't think he meant all of Paul's supporters. To me that just a statement that there are some in the group that is alittle radical. It's like saying that the "fringe element" within the muslim religion are the jihadists. Get what I am trying to say?

On the other hand, he also said that Ron Paul's supporters may feel disenfranchised with the government. Does that mean all of his voters feel that way? Don't know.

Baculus, Baculus, Baculus...

You should know by now that two wrongs make a right.

It is the current GOP SOP.

So true.

we've established as facts that I don't think anyone will refute that the various presidencies have used their favored networks as mouthpieces. Bush used Fox, Clinton used CNN,

So if we know that it's wrong, why do we fight amongst ourselves over which manipulation of the media was more correct? Neither of them are right for doing it, and none of these networks are right for establishing themselves as propaganda masquerading as news. (As someone put up earlier, Fox calling itself fair and balanced is a violation of the Truth in Advertising act, and everyone knows it, even Fox viewers. If they wanted to say "Fox News. information from a conservative standpoint" it would be much more honest. Same as MSNBC, lest any ninnyboys get their panties bunched up because I'm not pointing both ways. )

But because both sides will readily excuse their own we enable it all. And we're much worse off as a result.

~Bang

And that is true as well.

I was very critical of the press during the last decade. I was critical of their war cheer leading. I was critical of their inability to provide an investigate presence. And I was critical for all their failings and short comngs from over the last several decades.

That being said, I am glad we have a free press in this nation, but, as basically implied in your words of wisdom, we have to make sure that we keep them honest.

I've repeatedly bashed MSNBC who I feel is the worst offender on the Left.

For anyone new here, this is an outright lie! He is a worshipper of Olberdouche and created new threads a while back to post what that douchebag had to say and championed it.

Asbury, you should know better.

For anyone new here, this is an outright lie! He is a worshipper of Olberdouche and created new threads a while back to post what that douchebag had to say and championed it.

Olbermann must be doing something right, I say. ;)

cjcdman, if you have a problem with me then pm me. However, you cannot take what I might have said last year as my track record over my ES hiatus, and my current time here at ES which has been entirely consistent with what I have said. And unless you plan to bring up something current that I've said then I suggest you just stick a sock in it before you make a fool of yourself.

*edit

See cjc there's a difference between you and me on this, I've changed and I don't feel the same about Olberman as I once did...unfortunately you're still the same.

cjcdman, if you have a problem with me then pm me. However, you cannot take what I might have said last year as my track record over my ES hiatus, and my current time here at ES which has been entirely consistent with what I have said. And unless you plan to bring up something current that I've said then I suggest you just stick a sock in it before you make a fool of yourself.

*edit

See cjc there's a difference between you and me on this, I've changed and I don't feel the same about Olberman as I once did...unfortunately you're still the same.

I apologize, Asbury. I didn't know you could change from championing everything MSNBC to being "the one person who has called MSNBC for what it is" in one year's time. Believe me, the people who have been here long enough know where you're coming from. You're not fooling those people. And I'd be willing to bet(my opinion, nobody else's) that you still watch MSNBC all the time.

And as for you changing and me staying the same...that's the difference between me and you, Asbury. I have beliefs and feelings that have been and will always be the same. It is how I feel and what I believe in. You, on the other hand, aren't really sure what you believe in. Your political beliefs change because you have to be told what to believe in. I stand up for what I believe in. I stand up for my convictions. You can be talked down. Big difference.

I apologize, Asbury. I didn't know you could change from championing everything MSNBC to being "the one person who has called MSNBC for what it is" in one year's time. Believe me, the people who have been here long enough know where you're coming from. You're not fooling those people. And I'd be willing to bet(my opinion, nobody else's) that you still watch MSNBC all the time.

Well you either have me confused with someone else or you're just misremembering, either way there isn't much I can do to help you.

I have beliefs and feelings that have been and will always be the same.

Then you admit that you refuse to learn and refuse to grow as a person. Gotcha.

*edit

And with that I'm done, you made this personal and I bit on that bait, I shouldn't have and I'm sorry that I did. Pathetic on my part.

Well you either have me confused with someone else or you're just misremembering, either way there isn't much I can do to help you.

No, it's you.

Then you admit that you refuse to learn and refuse to grow as a person. Gotcha.

Yep, in one year...you have went from championing everything MSNBC to calling it "the most left-leaning news organization on television. Suuure! I learn and grow as a man everyday, all at the same time sticking to my convictions of what I feel is right and wrong. Again, you can be talked down. I don't know if that says more about me as a person or you.

*edit

And with that I'm done, you made this personal and I bit on that bait, I shouldn't have and I'm sorry that I did. Pathetic on my part.

Agreed. I apologize if it did get personal, but there was no way I was letting you get away with acting like the "one person on this site calling MSNBC the most left leaning news organization out there." No Way. Try again.

Yep, in one year...you have went from championing everything MSNBC to calling it "the most left-leaning news organization on television. Suuure! I learn and grow as a man everyday, all at the same time sticking to my convictions of what I feel is right and wrong. Again, you can be talked down. I don't know if that says more about me as a person or you.

I'm confused, you think I'm lying now when I say that I believe MSNBC is the most Left leaning network? BTW, I went through the threads that I've started and 1 of them I posted an Olberman op/ed and another I quoted an MSNBC article not Olberman. The vast majority of articles that I started threads with were from CNN. Don't believe me, use the search feature yourself and see, there are 5 pages to look through but I think my track record speaks clearly enough. That and the fact that I'm now holding Olberman/MSNBC to the same standard that I hold Fox News to means that I see them for what they both are. I simply have to ask, what do you think I'm trying to do when I hold MSNBC to the same standard as Fox when I call MSNBC the most Left leaning news organization? What does that win me? Seriously I think you've built of a false mythology about me in your mind and its affecting the way you see reality.

BTW, I went through the threads that I've started and 1 of them I posted an Olberman op/ed and another I quoted an MSNBC article not Olberman.

I found 5, but let's live and let live at this point. With the season coming upon us, the last thing I want is to be given time off. :cheers:

Well, it looks like the folks 'pulling ads' from Glenn Beck really caused problems for him :rolleyes: :

Big Beck: Goes over 3 million viewers, beats O’Reilly in demo: Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it’s pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O’Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O’Reilly (888K to 876K). I don’t watch or really even care about the cable news wars, but still…wow. Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.

Also, note that FNC beats MSNBC and CNN combined.

Fox has said it's no big deal, that they just moved the advertisers commercials to different time slots. I wasn't aware that they had so many unused commercial slots available.

Palin also reached out to her 800,000 supporters on Twitter to watch the show. That's might have brought a lot of new viewers but none that will change the landscape.

So nice to see unbiased reporting on a station like NBC :rolleyes: Yeah right.

http://nbcuniversalstore.resultspage.com/nbc/Obama

NBC Store for 15 dollars

00084186-201654_275.jpg?k=002b91d8&pid=84186&s=catl

Or for 25 dollars

00083258-061791_275.jpg?k=34bf4fd0&pid=83258&s=catl

00077544-687501_275.jpg?k=aa1fcacb&pid=77544&s=catl

And at ABC where they had their ObamaCare infomercial they refuse to air a healthcare ad asking tough questions using the we dont want to air a partisan ad excuse when they refused to air a response to the infomercial months ago.

Yep. Act unhinged, and people dial into to see what he will say. That is why I watch him. I would hope others are doing it just for that reason, too. Otherwise there are millions of people who honestly believe AmeriCorp is a threat to this nation (that they are Obama's SA), and that universal health care for all means German Nazism.

Of course, there are some people who do believe that, so my hope is probably too late.

So nice to see unbiased reporting on a station like NBC :rolleyes: Yeah right.

And at ABC where they had their ObamaCare infomercial they refuse to air a healthcare ad asking tough questions using the we dont want to air a partisan ad excuse when they refused to air a response to the infomercial months ago.

I admit it is hard for me to get worked up over a doll and a T-shirt. NBC obviously knows their audience. I rolled my eyes as soon as Beck brought them out of a bag. "Oh, real nefarious, Beck."

Also, when Bush was in office, Fox had several "exclusive" reports -- what they called "unprecedented access"-- with the Bush White House. NBC isn't exactly breaking ground here.

Maybe I need to repost that video of Beck saying, last year, that the US health system is in a crises, then this year he changes his position to "it's the greatest system on Earth." Just to demonstrate the man's "consistency," you know. :)

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”.

~Adolf Hitler

Beck alone makes Hitler look like a fricking genius, add in Palin and you get the matching set, throw in Rove and you get the tri-fecta, toss in Cheney and you get the big pay-day with the Super-fecta.

To borrow from Star Wars, "So this is how truth dies, with thunderous ratings."

How is Obama merchandise on the NBC universal store relevant? The same store sells merchandise for the show House, which is shown on Fox. Wait, is that proof that they support the Fox network?

A station with commentators that call protesters tea******, one correspondent that called my troops mercenaries in Iraq, one Commetator after the election admitting he would do his part to insure the President succeeds. Yeah selling a T shirt that says Yes WE did should be dismissed as not showing avid support. And giving Billions in bailout/stimulus to GE who by coincidence owns NBC and is set to make even more billions if Cap and Trade is passed.

Yeah of course liberals will say there is nothing to see there. :doh:

Archived