Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: 8 Major Companies pull ads from Glenn Beck

AsburySkinsFan

Do you really think that the current white house DOESNT use specific networks or organizations to help them get their message out?

That's standard operating procedure for EVERY administration.

Tell that to folks such as 81artmonk.

The Obama W.H. definitely have people or networks they favor and this isn't new. That isn't surprising, except to people such as Rush Limbaugh who calls the MSM "state media." Even though, of course, he has kow-towed to the Republican party for the past two decades.

It's the same people who think that a teleprompter is a new fangled device, because, you know, previous presidents never used them, right?

Pretty amazing numbers for people that call themselves the "alternative media" you'll find even more eye popping results in radio by those pretending not to be mainstream.

ABC averaged 7.3 million prime-time viewers (4.4 rating, 8 share), with second-place CBS at 6.9 million (4.6, 8). Fox had 5.1 million viewers and NBC 5 million (both 3.2, 6), My Network TV had 1.5 million (0.9, 2), the CW 1.2 million (0.8, 1) and ION Television 670,000 (0.5, 1).

That's Mainstream?

ABC averaged 7.3 million prime-time viewers (4.4 rating, 8 share), with second-place CBS at 6.9 million (4.6, 8). Fox had 5.1 million viewers and NBC 5 million (both 3.2, 6), My Network TV had 1.5 million (0.9, 2), the CW 1.2 million (0.8, 1) and ION Television 670,000 (0.5, 1).

That's Mainstream?

What the heck are you comparing? Is this cable news networks or primetime TV on all networks? If it is then you've got a serious case of apples and oranges going on. That Fox in this list isn't even the Fox News, that's the Fox channel that has The Simpsons. I guess I'm just really confused as to how these primetime stats mean anything in a discussion about the MSM which typically is used to describe actual journalistic-type media, not Scrubs re-runs.

What the heck are you comparing? Is this cable news networks or primetime TV on all networks? If it is then you've got a serious case of apples and oranges going on. That Fox in this list isn't even the Fox News, that's the Fox channel that has The Simpsons. I guess I'm just really confused as to how these primetime stats mean anything in a discussion about the MSM which typically is used to describe actual journalistic-type media, not Scrubs re-runs.

The list is for the News: Not Dancing with the Stars at 19million.

Its a Fox News trick; if you can't be right, then be noticed.
Or just make yourself look like someone who has nothing to say. Right Keith? OOOOOOOO THE WORST PERSON OF THE WEEK!!:hysterical:
You have a little bit of froth there on the corner of your mouth. May want to get a hankie.

By the way, before people think otherwise about me personally, I think Beck is a douche of epic proportion. Not only because he called the President racist, which I believe he clearly is NOT, but comparing Ron Paul voters to terrorists. Okay Glenn, yes we're terrorist supporters or whatever.

Ah I almost took pics but I had to go out on a run. He was telling the UPS manager he was trying to hit as many of the ad-pullers as he can so I guess maybe he went to Wal-Mart on something.

His signs said:

"Don't Tread On Me: I'm an American"

and

"I've Been Hyphenated

Irish-American

African-American

UN-AMERICAN"

The last one is pretty rich coming from a Fox fan.

By the way, before people think otherwise about me personally, I think Beck is a douche of epic proportion. Not only because he called the President racist, which I believe he clearly is NOT, but comparing Ron Paul voters to terrorists. Okay Glenn, yes we're terrorist supporters or whatever.

When did he compare Ron Paul supporters to terrorists? In fact he had Ron Paul on his show and mock the National Security report that did compare domestic terrorists to Ron Paul voters.

Check your facts because they are both libertarian and that does not make since to me.

If you were being sarcastic then forgive me, I alittle slow.;)

Your statement is like a farmer standing knee deep in pig dung complaining about the smell.

Yeah well whenever you comment here on the board one saying comes to mind. I can just imagine you saying it over and over again at your computer.......

"I am rubber you are glue........

For the love of god.

See that middle button that says "off" under a person's post. Click on it so it says "on". Now, go to the next person that you want to respond to and do the same thing.

Then, click on "quote" on that person's post.

Wow - multiple quotes appear and you can magically respond to multiple quotes in ONE SINGLE POST.

Yeah well whenever you comment here on the board one saying comes to mind. I can just imagine you saying it over and over again at your computer.......

I don't think you got the metaphor I was trying to imply . . . .

Let's try this!

You made a comment about "Obama news networks." I posted a link (http://crooksandliars.com/2008/07/25/mcclellan-white-house-gave-fox-commentators-talking-points#comment-713169) in which the former White House Press Secretary, Scott McClellan, said that the Bush White House, as far as Fox News is concerned, was "getting them talking points and making sure they knew where we were coming from."

Thus, I was trying to demonstrate that the channel you watch, Fox News, was itself, "Bush News Network," to use your jovial play on words. You have little reason to complain about the "smell" if your station, Fox News, is knee-deep in the exact tactic that you are decrying.

Maybe that clears it up.

Originally Posted by 81artmonk viewpost.gif

I don't think you got the metaphor I was trying to imply . . . .

Let's try this!

You made a comment about "Obama news networks." I posted a link (http://crooksandliars.com/2008/07/25/mcclellan-white-house-gave-fox-commentators-talking-points#comment-713169) in which the former White House Press Secretary, Scott McClellan, said that the Bush White House, as far as Fox News is concerned, was "getting them talking points and making sure they knew where we were coming from."

Thus, I was trying to demonstrate that the channel you watch, Fox News, was itself, "Bush News Network," to use your jovial play on words. You have little reason to complain about the "smell" if your station, Fox News, is knee-deep in the exact tactic that you are decrying.

Maybe that clears it up.

You know what's coming right? You'll post source after source to prove your point while he continues to "play" dumb (I still haven't figured out if it's an act yet) Trust me, don't waste your time.

You know what's coming right? You'll post source after source to prove your point while he continues to "play" dumb (I still haven't figured out if it's an act yet) Trust me, don't waste your time.

Yeah. I know. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he has a very small monitor and just cannot read my posts very well. ;)

Archived