Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Maybe it's because I grew up in an era where tight clothes were not cool on dudes, but I think the capri pants and skinny jeans/pantalones should never be worn by men.  Ever. 

And put some damn socks on, son son!

Cam looks like he's awaiting the flood waters.

19 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

Maybe it's because I grew up in an era where tight clothes were not cool on dudes, but I think the capri pants and skinny jeans/pantalones should never be worn by men.  Ever. 

And put some damn socks on, son son!

Cam looks like he's awaiting the flood waters.

No, capri slacks are not a guy thing to me.

Ladies wear them much better. Like Mary Tyler Moore did. :)

tumblr_n52j9z0aH81qicfexo2_r1_250.gif

• Like 3

Andy Pollin is an iditotic blowhard and Kevin Sheehan is an arrogant know it all prick. 

Redskins radio/broadcasting needs a huge influx of talent and new personalities. Couldnt even listen to the game Thursday because that bumbling incoherent mess named Sonny. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

No way to know if this is why he slid, but Billings was rumored to potentially have a degenerative knee issue...tore his meniscus the other day. 

Sucks that this year we won't get to see what many think we missed out on by passing him so many times, would have been an interesting case study. 

But maybe there was something to the medical red flag reports.

• Like 2

The upgrade to the locker room was needed. Actually there are still several items this team needs upgraded.

1. The most important is the stadium. This can't come soon enough. A worry is that, it'll be new but not nice. Hopefully it's the type of stadium that others strive to replicate.

2. Practice facility. The current Redskins facility is passable but this too, like the stadium needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. A theme needs to be incorporated into the organization that transcends both the stadium and the facility.

3. Many will disagree with this one, but the team needs to find new video/radio personalities. I think it's great that the team show's it appreciation for former players but I'm tired of listening between a rotation of Doc, Brian, Riggins and recently Portis. I don't have anything against former players getting into media but I'm not too fond of the ability these guys have. 

My biggest gripe with this crew is that they are practically family (Redskins Family), so the presentations aren't professional or engaging (in my opinion of course). How many times throughout the years do we have to listen to Doc and Brian poke fun at one another for various reasons (for example Brian Mitchell having a big head), or Riggins discussing how flamboyant he was, or how he played with Joe Namath etc.

When I listen to the home broadcast of other teams (obviously not all), I hear insight about the players, the team, the game, strengths and weaknesses. When I listen to our guys (Theismann and Chick), it's not engaging or exciting. Chick always makes jokes about himself and his hair/weight while Theismann always goes back to "when I was playing or boy wish I was still in the league with these rules" tangents.

This past week, there was a play that was made by Cravens, which was incredible but we got no commentary because Theismann was busy talking about something else. Only snippet we got was from Chick saying "nice play by Cravens". I want replays, where someone knowledgeable goes into a quick recap of what happened, how it happened and whether it was successful or not and how to change things next time.

I feel like Trever does this and I appreciate his insight when he does. Sorry for the rant. Maybe this isn't the right section to do so in but it really hit home when I watched the footage throughout training camp and especially the game this past Thursday. Often feel we'd be better off if they let one of the members here do the radio/video shows

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I love the renovations to the Dolphins stadium. That looks great IMO. I would love to see something similar incorporated into our current stadium if it will be another 5-10yrs before we actually move into a new home. If not, then add it to the design of the new stadium. 

Who the hell is going to pay for that?

I am so ready for the season to start already.  The summer is dragging on.  It's even worse that we have to wait an extra day compared to everyone else!  Imagine how slow work will go on September 12

Edited by NattyBo

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

2nd time in preseason that a player or a whole team has gotten penalized for going onto the field to celebrate an interception...do these idiots ever learn? Don't step on to the field until the play is over!! Stupid. 

It's a point of emphasis that the NFL alerted all teams to this season, too...hope it doesn't bite us at some point

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Watch us have no pass rush and Norman suck, while Cousins emplodes, then rg3 and Morris have career years.

I rarely have pessimistic posts and I generally like when were over confident and back it up, but the Norman stuff worries me.

And watch us not be able to stop the run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Watch us have no pass rush and Norman suck, while Cousins emplodes, then rg3 and Morris have career years.

I rarely have pessimistic posts and I generally like when were over confident and back it up, but the Norman stuff worries me.

What's the Norman stuff? Anything new or still the talk of his segment on Sunday's?

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What's the Norman stuff? Anything new or still the talk of his segment on Sunday's?

That. The Twitter stuff. ESPN mag stuff.

Ya know all the Panthers fans I've talk to have said they're glad he's gone, because he runs his mouth so much.

I hope Norman doesn't get in trouble for a couple of comments in that interview - specifically saying he's heard guys have a "hit out" (in game) on OBJ, and also, his (joking?) comment about the refs who make controversial calls being connected to the mob. 

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ya know all the Panthers fans I've talk to have said they're glad he's gone, because he runs his mouth so much.

Not only that but I've heard a few Panthers fans say Norman is straight up crazy so they really don't miss him.

Texted my brother earlier, he's a huge Panther fan, asking why Norman won't STFU? 

His response was "I wonder who he got that from..."

Followed quickly with a pic of:

Carolina+Panthers+v+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers

Edited by clietas

56 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That. The Twitter stuff. ESPN mag stuff.

How many Panther fans are there on a tropical island lol :D

33 minutes ago, clietas said:

Not only that but I've heard a few Panthers fans say Norman is straight up crazy so they really don't miss him.

Texted my brother earlier, he's a huge Panther fan, asking why Norman won't STFU? 

His response was "I wonder who he got that from..."

Followed quickly with a pic of:

I dunno, I live in Charlotte and I haven't really heard any negativity towards Norman from Panthers fans.  Heard a lot of people saying that they didn't think they should over pay for him and understand letting him walk.  But never any hate towards him or his attitude, etc. directly.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I dunno, I live in Charlotte and I haven't really heard any negativity towards Norman from Panthers fans.  Heard a lot of people saying that they didn't think they should over pay for him and understand letting him walk.  But never any hate towards him or his attitude, etc. directly.  

I didn't really view it as a slight or like they hate the guy. Just that he's replaceable and won't really be missed.

I'm still really skeptical of the Norman signing. Feels like I've seen this before and already know how it's gonna play out. I really hope I'm wrong and Norman plays like we all know he's capable of playing.

• Like 2

I am out on the west coast, so I can only watch the preseason games when they are re-broadcast on the NFL channel. The Friday night Redskins game is not being broadcast until Monday.  I can't watch our Friday game until Monday after the work day.  What BS.  The patriots game is on live Friday and then will be shown again on Saturday morning.  F the patriots.  There are probably other games being shown twice before the 'Skins are shown for the first time.  You would think the NFL channel would know that the Redskins have a nation-wide following. 

3 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

I am out on the west coast, so I can only watch the preseason games when they are re-broadcast on the NFL channel. The Friday night Redskins game is not being broadcast until Monday.  I can't watch our Friday game until Monday after the work day.  What BS.  The patriots game is on live Friday and then will be shown again on Saturday morning.  F the patriots.  There are probably other games being shown twice before the 'Skins are shown for the first time.  You would think the NFL channel would know that the Redskins have a nation-wide following. 

I know.

And every single Cowboy preseason game is being nationally televised. I think the one this week is as well. :rolleyes: