Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

That was on the eve of our salary cap penalty. Would we have even been able to afford Peyton's contract? Griffin was cheap, contract-wise, so we were able to at least sign Garcon despite being screwed by the league.

Well.. JDR Twitter will be a point of discussion in the media soon.  Smh...   The locker room is toast... and let the questions about Rivera's ability to make good hires commence.  This is the last thing this team needs.  First the team name stuff resurfaces and now this...

Edited by klwilkins1977
  • Like 1

Edit: gonna move this to the coaching staff thread where the discussion will probably be

Jeez...I figured people were overreacting but it is actually...pretty bad. Even retweeting fake conspiracy theory crap.

If he's smart he'll say he was hacked...but he just got a lot less likeable, if it was him. Seems different from the tone and content of his usual tweets, but then with recent events being what they have been it may have been enough to make some usually professional people crack and reveal their true colors so to speak. 

Not what we need a month from training camp when almost no one's even MET the new DC they're supposed to want to run through a wall for. More importantly, not what we need as people right now. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

50 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Edit: gonna move this to the coaching staff thread where the discussion will probably be

Jeez...I figured people were overreacting but it is actually...pretty bad. Even retweeting fake conspiracy theory crap.

If he's smart he'll say he was hacked...but he just got a lot less likeable, if it was him. Seems different from the tone and content of his usual tweets, but then with recent events being what they have been it may have been enough to make some usually professional people crack and reveal their true colors so to speak. 

Not what we need a month from training camp when almost no one's even MET the new DC they're supposed to want to run through a wall for. More importantly, not what we need as people right now. 

He's a Republican with Conservative views. Do we live in a world where if you want to coach in the NFL you have to have the same political views as many NFL players? I think it was incredibly stupid for him to take obvious bait like this. I don't really like him any less for his views though (I mean, it was obvious), I do question his EQ and ability to read a room now though. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

The change the name ppl are yelling loud now.....im not very versed on the subject but im a moderate that leans conservative and wouldnt like the name changed however if they have sufficient evidence and more than a handful of people find it offensive should the skins change their name?

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 6:06 PM, CjSuAvE22 said:

The change the name ppl are yelling loud now.....im not very versed on the subject but im a moderate that leans conservative and wouldnt like the name changed however if they have sufficient evidence and more than a handful of people find it offensive should the skins change their name?

Oh it'll be changed...2 years max.

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sooo where is the j del rio twitter convo thing going on..I looked in a few different threads and didn't see much talk going on...could he really be fired before the season starts? 

It's all in the coaching staff thread.

He won't get fired.

Rivera, nor any team spokesperson has even addressed it, that I'm aware of.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's all in the coaching staff thread.

He won't get fired.

Rivera, nor any team spokesperson has even addressed it, that I'm aware of.

Cool thanks..I'll go check it out...its all confusing to me anywho...twitter and all.

I'm really thinking that there won't be a 2020 season. There is no end in sight for Covid-19 and once players start testing positive during training camp the NFL will postpone the season and then completely cancel. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

I'm really thinking that there won't be a 2020 season. There is no end in sight for Covid-19 and once players start testing positive during training camp the NFL will postpone the season and then completely cancel. Just my opinion.

Agree. MLB is just being stupid. 

No spitting? No licking your fingers? (which is just gross anyway, but whatever)  It's not going to work. 

****, I thought singles tennis would be safe. The world's #1 player tested positive after a tournament he sponsored. 

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

I could see this happening... all it's really going to take is a couple big-name stars to get it then get extremely sick...obviously if it's for the better for our country to cancel the season it should be canceled, than well ****..I'd have to find some reason to go visit the folks on sundays..with it getting harder and harder to be a skins fan.....daily ..I could go for a year off....come back in 2021 as the God damn Washington ****fricklesteenkids..

5 hours ago, RVAskins said:

As things get worse in FL, TX, AZ and CA, having a season will be irresponsible.  Not saying it won't happen, as people will put money ahead of ethical concerns, but nevertheless I'm sure the wealthy owners are willing to sacrifice their paid servants.