Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Is Dan Snyder, a ghoulish wretched man who never met a lawsuit he didn't like, still the owner of this franchise? Yes.

Will this franchise, under his control, continue to be the epitome of mediocrity and gracelessness?  Almost certainly.

Am I still gonna rally hard against any effort to give Dan Snyder any land on the tax payer's dime, especially on the RFK Stadium site? You know it.

Am I still gonna buy the merch with the new name and make that miserable trip to Landover at least once a year to watch them lose?

...yeah.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, ThePackisback said:

You guys should change it too wehavethePackers number since you have beaten us the past few times.

Are you okay? You randomly show up and post exactly this at least a few times a year. 

My first theory was that you're a poorly designed bot, someone's undergrad thesis that was set into motion and abandoned after 7 lines of code. 

Now I'm thinking it's more likely you're an electromagnetic imprint of a ghost, trapped in the internet and caught re-living the last moments of your waking life over and over again, where you tragically died in your computer chair moments after complimenting a random NFC opponent on their message board. Just an eternity of posting the same sad platitudes over and over again as the sweet release of death enveloped your physical body. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/14/2020 at 4:14 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Are you okay? You randomly show up and post exactly this at least a few times a year. 

My first theory was that you're a poorly designed bot, someone's undergrad thesis that was set into motion and abandoned after 7 lines of code. 

Now I'm thinking it's more likely you're an electromagnetic imprint of a ghost, trapped in the internet and caught re-living the last moments of your waking life over and over again, where you tragically died in your computer chair moments after complimenting a random NFC opponent on their message board. Just an eternity of posting the same sad platitudes over and over again as the sweet release of death enveloped your physical body. 

I’m only joking with you guys😂

On 7/14/2020 at 1:14 PM, thebluefood said:

Is Dan Snyder, a ghoulish wretched man who never met a lawsuit he didn't like, still the owner of this franchise? Yes.

Will this franchise, under his control, continue to be the epitome of mediocrity and gracelessness?  Almost certainly.

Am I still gonna rally hard against any effort to give Dan Snyder any land on the tax payer's dime, especially on the RFK Stadium site? You know it.

Am I still gonna buy the merch with the new name and make that miserable trip to Landover at least once a year to watch them lose?

...yeah.

Lol Haha right on man..theres a fandom thread now lol 

• Haha 1

So wonder what happens to the Redskins license plates that the Virginia DMV offers. As of today you can still order them (screen shot from just now online).

Also wonder what happens to all that have been issued. Will the state force you to return ?

image.thumb.png.0a591a480b5eef944671f2b5b8a8424b.png

@DJD2

When registration comes up, DMV might say they can't keep the plate and force people to get a new one to renew.

Can see some organizations taking a wait and see approach because of logistics to push the name and logo out. 

Nike was trying to send a message to force the name change, it is costing them in sales not selling any of our stuff anymore.  Anyone depending on will take longer to make that choice, Nike didn't need it.  Not that DMV does, just it's a headache and takes time to iron out.

I wouldn't expect the mass annihilation of the name until a new one is announced so they can quickly redirect to that and not to much of a headache or loss of revenue for some.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:14 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Thank you, I've been trying to think of a way to reply to the packers fan but this it..this is what I wanted to say

• Thanks 1

I personally want to thank the younger generation fans of the Washington Redskins and(if)the Washington _____________. For sticking around and actually claiming to be a fan.

I specifically remember watching the superbowl in California when the skins beat the Donkies in San Diego..also while living in California my dad took me to Sooners alot to watch the Redskins play monday night games. I wasn't around for the loss to the raiders or dolphins so I'm not that old of a skins fan but I do remember the 91 season. There was no such thing of the ticket and the local teams were the seachickens and donkies...every donkies game was played on tv so I had to watch espn to get highlights and man the skins were just unstoppable in 91. The glory years..what a time to be a skins fan..not so much scince. It wasnt till 2002/03 when I started watching every single Redskins game..alot of good times scince than that's for sure...alot of excellent memories. Not so much like the glory years but still enough to keep me coming back for each season. And maybe that's what's kept you younger generation coming back..what ever it is I appreciate it. Lord knows we need you.

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:49 PM, Koolblue13 said:

<Warriors Turf Map>

Awesome film, I must have seen it at least ten times.

I always thought that The Orphans were "real low class, so low down that they're not even on the map", and yet there they are, on the map. Was Fox lying to Swan?

• Haha 1

Someone mentioned James Thrash in another thread yesterday and it reminded me of a funny encounter I had with him years ago when he was still with Skins organization.

One Saturday I had gone to Sears at Dulles Town Center mall to purchase a weed eater.  As I was exiting the store with the box over my shoulder, James was entering and held the door for me.  As I walked by him, he smiled and said "Congratulations!" like I was taking a newborn baby home.  I laughed and said "Thanks James!"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Only rookie of ours that’s left to sign, i believe, is safety Kurl. 

Kurl has signed.  Hudson hasn't.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/22/antonio-gibson-saahdiq-charles-sign-rookie-contrac/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/22/washingtons-nfl-team-signs-majority-its-draft-picks-not-chase-young/

Edited by Number 44
  • Thanks 1

Here me out...

My prediction is there is a full season but it will be a quiet on the back burner to the covid-19.. type of season.. the Washington football team comes away as superbowl winners.... with all the changing going on and the nasty virus it will be a quiet season and we'll be celebrating a Super Bowl win

10 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Here me out...

My prediction is there is a full season but it will be a quiet on the back burner to the covid-19.. type of season.. the Washington football team comes away as superbowl winners.... with all the changing going on and the nasty virus it will be a quiet season and we'll be celebrating a Super Bowl win

There is no such thing as a quiet NFL season. Especially during a pandemic.

A ****ing baseball game scored 9 million viewers the other day because there's no sports going on. The NFL is going to hit record ratings most likely. 

And we'd be lucky to sniff a wildcard spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There is no such thing as a quiet NFL season. Especially during a pandemic.

A ****ing baseball game scored 9 million viewers the other day because there's no sports going on. The NFL is going to hit record ratings most likely. 

And we'd be lucky to sniff a wildcard spot.

Well when ya put it that way lol

Edited by bakedtater1

On 7/20/2020 at 10:43 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

does anyone have any recent vids of Alex Smith working out, or running sub-4.3 40 times ?

The E:60 with the newest update was on last weekend, but my DVR didn't respond to my command. 🤬

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is it just me, or is football going to be really difficult to get too emotionally invested in this season, knowing the season will most likely be canceled 3-5 games in?

Nothing's happening. Just scrap everything. 

MLB is really ****in up. There's already a recovering pitcher who may have permanent heart issues.

Let that sink in. 

HEART ISSUES. 

YOU CANNOT LIVE WELL WITH HEART ISSUES!!! EVEN WITH A ****LOAD OF MONEY. It might be a little easier, but never good. 

WHO ARE WE?? If we, as humans...geez, finish it yourselves. 

• Like 1

@skinsmarydu has a good point..excellent one actually....my prediction(and I don't wanna sound selfish,if the season is shut down before or during season the nfl would get my support,SLOW THIS ****ING DISEASE DOWN!!!)theres a season but some games suspended and it makes it 16 weeks theres a playoff and Washington mustards there way in and win the superbowl and errry body b saying that tater was right from earlier in the off season... NFL will be on the back burner the season will slowly progressively go by and that new Washington football team quietly wins their first Super Bowl..well technically not the first but you get it.

• Haha 1