Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you consider the Ravens a rival?

SIXX99

the teams are more like scrimmage partners, but the fanbases of whatever team that wins a meeting between them get bragging rights. one fanbase actually cares about these rights.

what kills me is that for all our history, since the ravens have moved into the dc/md area, their franchise has been run so much better than ours. they have won the super bowl in the same timespan. right now, all my redskin loyalty aside, they are the better team from an organizational standpoint; and their fans don't hesitate to rub it in our faces. if not for that, we wouldn't care for them at all.

it's kind of like playing fantasy football with your girlfriend. she gets lucky and her team beats your team. now you have to put up with her thinking and acting like she knows more about football and sports than you do.

I'm on both this site and the Ravens site all the time and there's always Redskins fans making threads about the Ravens, but Ravens fans don't care much about the Skins until it's really close to a game.

Sigh oh please.

I have been to Ravens games where people carry signs saying washington fans, there is no room on the bandwagon.

Uhhh, all the Ravens fans know is they will always be washingtons stepchild.

Ravens fans would like to think there is a rivalry, but I honestly couldn't care less. When a Raven fan smacktalks to me, sure I'll join in the jawing. But I do that with fans of any other team. Ravens aren't special to me.

In a storied division like the NFC East, the Ravens aren't even on the rivalry radar.

Most Ravens fans hate divisional rivals, the Colts, the Patriots, and to some degree, the Titans. The Redskins are more like an afterthought.

Uhhhh I'm nowhere near being a Ravens fan and I know that neither the Colts/Pats/Titans are in the same division as the Ravens. Ill give you Titans cause they USED to be in the same division ( I think) but I mean not even the Colts and Pats are in the same division

Bmore=AFC-N

Pats=AFC-E

Colts=AFC-S

Titans=AFC-S

Ravens division rivals are the Steelers by far....and by a laughable amount...the Bengals and Browns....

Uhhhh I'm nowhere near being a Ravens fan and I know that neither the Colts/Pats/Titans are in the same division as the Ravens. Ill give you Titans cause they USED to be in the same division ( I think) but I mean not even the Colts and Pats are in the same division

Bmore=AFC-N

Pats=AFC-E

Colts=AFC-S

Titans=AFC-S

Ravens division rivals are the Steelers by far....and by a laughable amount...the Bengals and Browns....

Uh dude, you misread his post. You make us look bad. :silly:

Skins fans say they don't care but that Ravens fans do, and Raven fans say they don't care but Skins fans do.

The only rivalry I see is the fans of both clubs pretending to be the most apathetic.

I agree with this. Originally, I wanted to root for the Ravens as my AFC team. I thought it would be cool. I quickly realized that Ravens fans didn't want Skins fans to root for them and generally hated the Skins. I also found most Ravens fans to be younger and considerably less knowledgeable than other fans(just my personal experience). That being said, I consider them a rival. If not for their proximity, for the fact that there are a lot of "friendly" rivalries amongst the players. The Landry Bros, The U connections and the fact that a lot of players went to UMD, which fans of both teams tend to root for. People that say there isn't a rivalry are hiding something and people who think the outcome of our yearly scrimmage matters are dillusional.

I'm on both this site and the Ravens site all the time and there's always Redskins fans making threads about the Ravens, but Ravens fans don't care much about the Skins until it's really close to a game.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

As I said in another thread, it's funny that you like to talk about what goes on over here on Ravens boards, like when you were discussing our look-a-like thread, complaining about class, making assumptions on our behalf. Newsflash, we do that for every game, not just you. We discuss every upcoming opponent, not just you. Your team isn't important to us. If you want to complain about what we do and what we say, go do it on your board, not here. Get lost.

They are the Cleveland Browns! Lets not forget that.

Their fans are a bunch of bandwagon jumpers. No offense to women but the Ravens have one of the biggest women fan bases so What does that say about the football intelligence of their fan base. (not that woman dont know about football, but typically not as much as men)

They are insignificant. We play them in the preseason b/c they are close. There is no rivalry. I would say we have a bigger AFC rivalry with Miami or Denver. Someone who actually exists in our teams history.

The elitism by Redskins fans is pretty comical considering where your franchise stands at this point, and where ours is.

The Ravens currently have the biggest rivalry in football to deal with, so this idea that Baltimore fans are preoccupied with the Skins in the least is comical.

That link to the Ravens message board just proves that Ravens fans view this game as more important than a matchup against the Panthers or Texans, but in the grand scheme of things, Washington isn't anywhere near Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

These anonymous posters in Northern Virginia, a full hour and a half from Baltimore, must know many, many more Ravens fans than I do, because there are very few Baltimore followers who play this game up as a rivalry. How can it be hyped if we meet once every four years?

If anything, the Skins are a comfort for Ravens fans as we can compare our two organizations and feel good afterward.

I find it comical that there have been numerous Ravens fans posting in this thread denying they care about the Redskins. They say the Skins are "irrelevant"

Um.... then why are you here? Why do you guys post here so often?

Hypocrites.

The Ravens currently have the biggest rivalry in football to deal with, so this idea that Baltimore fans are preoccupied with the Skins in the least is comical.

And yet, here you are, on our board. Unfortunately, there appears to be a hole in the screen, the flies keep getting in. You aren't welcome here.

Archived