Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you consider the Ravens a rival?

SIXX99

I'm fine with the Ravens. I'm a proud Marylander and I couldn't possibly hate on a MD based team. I generally root for them as my AFC team.

They don't come anywhere near as close to my heart as the Redskins though. I view their fans as people who were skins fans but decided to jump over when they won the SB and we weren't so hot. It's an easy excuse to jump to a new team, since they were new.

That being said, most of the ravens fans I know (my gf is one) are fine people. I've had some bad experiences with Ravens fans in college (College Park, MD area) but that's it.

No, I stand by what I said. Redskins fans are the ones that insist the Ravens are insignificant; Ravens fans just don't even bother talking about the 'Skins.

Let's take a look at the last three pages on this forum; who is mentioned more, Bucs or Ravens?

Says the guy with 800+ posts on a Skins message board.:doh:

Hmmmm I wonder why the Ravens are being discussed so much? Maybe its because we play them today and we are infested with Ravens trolls.

I view their fans as people who were skins fans but decided to jump over when they won the SB and we weren't so hot.

Thing is: many of those former Redskins fans were originally Colts fans and then picked the next closest thing. Some support the Ravens because they finally have a hometown team again; though as you said some are just bandwagoners, but I suspect most of them have traded in their purple for yellow and black.

Says the guy with 800+ posts on a Skins message board.

Hmmmm I wonder why the Ravens are being discussed so much? Maybe its because we play them today and we are infested with Ravens trolls.

1. I'm not a guy

2. The Redskins are my NFC team, but I was referring to the majority of Ravens fans (that I know/have spoken to)

3. I have been here for a little while and I've seen Ravens threads and posts concerning the Ravens long before this pre-season game.

Yeah, I definitely think the Ravens are rivals, if for nothing else other than geographical proximity.

And to be honest, they've arguably had a more successful franchise over the last 10 years that we have. So to refer to them as the "lesser" of the two teams is sort of off-base, IMO.

That said, I hate those purple b*stards.

Yeah, I definitely think the Ravens are rivals, if for nothing else other than geographical proximity.

And to be honest, they've arguably had a more successful franchise over the last 10 years that we have. So to refer to them as the "lesser" of the two teams is sort of off-base, IMO.

That said, I hate those purple b*stards.

Just out of curiousity, how would one argue that the Ravens have been less sucessful than the Redskins in the last 10 years?

Thing is: many of those former Redskins fans were originally Colts fans and then picked the next closest thing. Some support the Ravens because they finally have a hometown team again; though as you said some are just bandwagoners, but I suspect most of them have traded in their purple for yellow and black.

1. I'm not a guy

2. The Redskins are my NFC team, but I was referring to the majority of Ravens fans (that I know/have spoken to)

3. I have been here for a little while and I've seen Ravens threads and posts concerning the Ravens long before this pre-season game.

1. My apology's Ma'am.

2. There are many more posters on this board who are Ravens fans.

3. I disagree. In the Stadium at least. All other 31 teams are discussed in ATNFL forum.

There is definitely a rivalry, especially since our markets overlap. To all of those living in the DMV, you can't tell me you don't have a group of co-workers who constantly talk about how the Skins should not get the notoriety that they do, or how the ravens should be the premiere beltway team etc etc. I don't hate the Ravens per say, I hate the fans... and I would assume the feelings are mutual amongst Ravens fans.

I consider it a rivalry. Even more so than Dallas. I know Ravens fans because we're so close. I don't know too many Dallas fans here and the ones I do know are so stupid I don't listen to them.

More than Dallas?! O.o You realize that for 3 of 4 years, nothing the Ravens do will have any impact whatsoever on whether or not your team makes the playoffs, right?

I don't live that far away from where you live, and I know more Cowboys fans than Ravens fans. Sadly, the only Ravens fan I know in my area is myself. :(

they're not in our division, they're not even in our conference, we don't play meaningful games against them every year.......they're just up the road a little ways. no, I don't consider them rivals. and no I don't give two hoots in hell about 'em. I'm a one team guy, always will be. I'll never understand people who have 2 teams, no matter the circumstances.

I was watching Redskins Nation today and Larry Weisman mentioned that he felt like there was no real rivalry here even though the teams are so close to each other. I disagree with this and consider the ratbirds our top AFC rival. Thoughts?

We don't play them enough for them to be considered "rivals". I vote no.

this is bull**** - the proximity MAKES us interconference rivals

How can you be someones rival when you play them every 4 years? Yes we are closer to the Ravens than any other team, but before the Ravens were around, the Steelers weren't considered our AFC rival. To me a rivalry is built on teams playing each other year in and year out and having games that mean something. Unless we start playing the Ravens in Super Bowls, their just another AFC team we play every 4 years and they just happen to be right up the road.

per dictionary.com

1. a person who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor.

2. a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority: a stadium without a rival.

Are the Ravens the Redskins? No? I guess they're a rival then since both teams are after a Super Bowl.

Archived