Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you consider the Ravens a rival?

SIXX99

per dictionary.com

1. a person who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor.

2. a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority: a stadium without a rival.

Are the Ravens the Redskins? No? I guess they're a rival then since both teams are after a Super Bowl.

Pretty sure we all understand the meaning of the word. It's a little different in sports but by your explanation our rivalry with the Ravens, or the Packers, holds the same weight as our rivalry with the Cowboys.. you know, since they're just another team after the same goal.

per dictionary.com

1. a person who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor.

2. a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority: a stadium without a rival.

Are the Ravens the Redskins? No? I guess they're a rival then since both teams are after a Super Bowl.

So according to this they are not our rival, right? We go for the NFC East title, they go for the AFC North. We go for the NFC title, they go for the AFC. Those are different goals. If you wanna say we both go for the Super Bowl, well so do the other 30 teams in the NFL.

Raven fans are from maryland.... enough said

****hole of the east coast (2nd to jersey hahaha)

I think Maryland is the richest state per capita in the country, followed by Jersey.

I don't think I'd ever want to leave this state, to be quite honest, it has everything to offer.

No, I stand by what I said. Redskins fans are the ones that insist the Ravens are insignificant; Ravens fans just don't even bother talking about the 'Skins.

Let's take a look at the last three pages on this forum; who is mentioned more, Bucs or Ravens?

You're right in saying that they did want everyone to care; they were trying to make a profit.

Doesn't matter what team we play, on any given week in the pre, regular, or post season, the first three pages will be scattered with threads about the team we will be playing. Get over yourself.

Its kinda sad that you are trying to inflict some kind of hatred through your sarcastic posts. Truth is, the Baltimore Browns are merely another newer franchise team with ignorant fans, much like Carolina, Houston, or Jacksonville.

extremely generic comment about the fans, seeing that i've never met and/or talked to you and you think im "annoying" but anyway..

no i dont consider the teams rivals.. the Skins/Cowboys and Ravens/Steelers are the two biggest rivalries in the NFL by a long shot.. just because the teams are close on map adds fuel to the fire, but by no means should they be considered rivals. they dont play in the same conference, let alone division. i would love nothing more than to see a battle of the beltway superbowl, and i would NEVER wish a rival team an appearance in the superbowl.

It may seem like a generic comment to you, but I have been to both stadiums and all I hear is that this is raven country or panthers country. Get a clue, this was Redskins country before you all had your expansion franchises come here. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that the colts should have left town. They should have gotten a franchise before Jacksonville or Carolina in my opinion. The reason I don't like the ravens or the fans is because they complained that they didn't have football for 15 years. Well BFD, because we didn't have baseball here in Washington for 33 years!

As for Carolina, they are nothing but bandwagon jumpers. I know people who live down that way and they tell me all the time that when their team is doing terribly they don't go to any of the games. Nothing but fairweather fans. I would be willing to bet that there would be some Carolina fans who would mysteriously become Redskins fans when the Redskins start winning.

Doesn't matter what team we play, on any given week in the pre, regular, or post season, the first three pages will be scattered with threads about the team we will be playing. Get over yourself.

Its kinda sad that you are trying to inflict some kind of hatred through your sarcastic posts. Truth is, the Baltimore Browns are merely another newer franchise team with ignorant fans, much like Carolina, Houston, or Jacksonville.

Yeah... I'm the one who's hating. Have I once called the Redskins fans (or for that matter- the team) names?

Sounds like you're the one who needs to get over yourself.

I hate the Ravens. Their fans hate on us for no reason whatsoever. Yeah, they've beaten us 3 out of 4 times, and it should be more of a rivalry, but we've only played 4 regular season games. These inter-city, or inter-state rivalries become so because of history. We haven't played them enough to establish that sort of disdain.

There are always two open dates on the schedule every year once you've played your six divisional games, your four in conference seperate division games, and your four out of conference divisional games ( other division, other conference). I think one of our open dates every year should be occupied with a game vs. B-more. This way we play every year, and we can start this rivalry up. Besides, I'm sick of playing Tampa and St. Louis every year.

You're probably just like all the other Ravens fans around here and just started following them either A) after they won the SB in 2000 or B) after they went 13-3 a few years ago.

:doh:

Win some more SBs then come talk to us.

You were five when the Redskins won a world title; don't embarrass yourself anymore, kid.

Yeah... I'm the one who's hating. Have I once called the Redskins fans (or for that matter- the team) names?

Sounds like you're the one who needs to get over yourself.

You could make this so much easier on yourself and save all your righteous indignation (that no one here cares about) by just leaving. Simple as that. Just sign off, and go stay on one of your crappy, knockoff Ravens forums. Go stew with them and talk about how we don't respect you enough. Go ***** to them about how we regard you as stepchildren.

Just go. Door is behind you. Walk through it. You aren't wanted here.

this is bull**** - the proximity MAKES us interconference rivals

Cool it, bro, it sounds smug and definitely shows a strong cyber ego to say that the Ravens don't mean more than the Texans despite an obvious closeness factor!!!!

Baltimore/Houston have seasoned football fans, Carolina/Jacksonville don't, why is this so difficult to comprehend?

Just because you're too young to have really seen the Colts/Oilers doesn't mean that they didn't exist.

Cool it, bro, it sounds smug and definitely shows a strong cyber ego to say that the Ravens don't mean more than the Texans despite an obvious closeness factor!!!!

So just because a team is close to another makes them rivals? That's news to me. The Seahawks don't have any teams close to them, so they don't have a rival. What about the Giants, they have a bunch of teams close to them, so how does that work? Go back to your Ravens and leave the Skins alone.

So just because a team is close to another makes them rivals? That's news to me. The Seahawks don't have any teams close to them, so they don't have a rival. What about the Giants, they have a bunch of teams close to them, so how does that work? Go back to your Ravens and leave the Skins alone.

I'm not saying that the Redskins/Ravens are even remote rivals, just that this matchup means more than a Houston/Washington game, that's all.

Ravens fans view this game as a chance to spite their neighbors to the south, but nothing more than that.

I think that Skins fans in the area also see this as a chance to brag if their team wins, but after that, the result becomes an afterthought.

You can deny this all you like, but I'm speaking from personal experience in that a Baltimore/DC game means a bit more than a DC/Cincy game.

I'm not saying that the Redskins/Ravens are even remote rivals, just that this matchup means more than a Houston/Washington game, that's all.

Ravens fans view this game as a chance to spite their neighbors to the south, but nothing more than that.

I think that Skins fans in the area also see this as a chance to brag if their team wins, but after that, the result becomes an afterthought.

You can deny this all you like, but I'm speaking from personal experience in that a Baltimore/DC game means a bit more than a DC/Cincy game.

Its a bigger game to the fans than either of the teams. My comparison with the Texans was becuase we play the Ravens and Texans every 4 years. So how can you have a rivalry when you don't play all the time? I doubt any of the Redskin players or Raven players would say its a big rivalry. Hell, in the regular season we've played each other 4 times in the 13 years the Ravens have been around. We won't play each other again until 2012.

So how can you have a rivalry when you don't play all the time?

Didn't I make it abundantly clear in my last post that I don't think this is a rivalry?

My point is just that Baltimore fans view this game as more important than other NFC matchups because of the proximity of the two cities, but a rivalry? No, Pittsburgh/Baltimore is a rivalry.

I doubt any of the Redskin players or Raven players would say its a big rivalry.

John Harbaugh and others say that this is a fun game for the fans, but pretty meaningless for the players.

Didn't I make it abundantly clear in my last post that I don't think this is a rivalry?

My point is just that Baltimore fans view this game as more important than other NFC matchups because of the proximity of the two cities, but a rivalry? No, Pittsburgh/Baltimore is a rivalry.

John Harbaugh and others say that this is a fun game for the fans, but pretty meaningless for the players.

So what is your point? This thread is called "Do you consider the Ravens a rival?", I say no and you say no. So...

Archived