Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you consider the Ravens a rival?

SIXX99

extremely generic comment about the fans, seeing that i've never met and/or talked to you and you think im "annoying" but anyway..

no i dont consider the teams rivals.. the Skins/Cowboys and Ravens/Steelers are the two biggest rivalries in the NFL by a long shot.. just because the teams are close on map adds fuel to the fire, but by no means should they be considered rivals. they dont play in the same conference, let alone division. i would love nothing more than to see a battle of the beltway superbowl, and i would NEVER wish a rival team an appearance in the superbowl.

Come on now.. I understand you guys despise each other but to mention Steelers/Ravens in the same breath as Skins/Boys is ridiculous. You guys have been rivals for less than a decade. I'll take any matchup in the NFC East as a bigger rivalry than Steelers/Ravens.

I shrug at Ravens fans. Who are you? I don't hate the Browns, son. You gave us Earnest Byner, you know, the guy in your stadium's Ring of Honor?

I've been a Skins fan for more than 30 years. How long have you been a Ravens fan? Uh, yeah.

Indifference is the biggest slap in the face of a guy in purple, who is a jealous hater of our historic franchise. :)

I wouldn't call them a rival since we only play them in the regular season once every four years. Hard to build a rivalry when you barely play each other.

I didn't have a problem with Ravens' fans until I moved up to Baltimore. I'd say maybe a third of them actually follow the Ravens and the rest only pay attention when they are winning. And when they start to do well, that's all anyone around here wants to talk about. It just gets annoying. But I wouldn't say there's a rivalry. Just annoying fans!

The elitism by Redskins fans is pretty comical considering where your franchise stands at this point, and where ours is.

The Ravens currently have the biggest rivalry in football to deal with, so this idea that Baltimore fans are preoccupied with the Skins in the least is comical.

That link to the Ravens message board just proves that Ravens fans view this game as more important than a matchup against the Panthers or Texans, but in the grand scheme of things, Washington isn't anywhere near Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

These anonymous posters in Northern Virginia, a full hour and a half from Baltimore, must know many, many more Ravens fans than I do, because there are very few Baltimore followers who play this game up as a rivalry. How can it be hyped if we meet once every four years?

If anything, the Skins are a comfort for Ravens fans as we can compare our two organizations and feel good afterward.

I don't live in NOVA and I don't consider the Ravens a rival.

I do consider their fans obnoxious, uneducated about football for the most part and annoying.

I live 20 miles west of the Baltimore beltway in the heart of Ravens country and just about every time I am out and about driving to the store or whatnot I get Ravens fans yelling crap at me after they see my Redskins sticker in my back window.

I don't do that towards them unprovoked.

I have been hearing all week around here that Thursday is going to be the "Battle of the Beltways." It's preseason for Gods sake.

I also get the impression that Raven fans want to be thuggish like Eagles fans, but far way short.

I do sometimes call them "Philly Lite." :hysterical:

You see Ravens fans are really jealous of the Redskins history and there 5 World Championships that they know deep down in their hearts could NEVER be matched by there team.

The elitism by Redskins fans is pretty comical considering where your franchise stands at this point, and where ours is.

The Ravens currently have the biggest rivalry in football to deal with, so this idea that Baltimore fans are preoccupied with the Skins in the least is comical.

That link to the Ravens message board just proves that Ravens fans view this game as more important than a matchup against the Panthers or Texans, but in the grand scheme of things, Washington isn't anywhere near Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

These anonymous posters in Northern Virginia, a full hour and a half from Baltimore, must know many, many more Ravens fans than I do, because there are very few Baltimore followers who play this game up as a rivalry. How can it be hyped if we meet once every four years?

If anything, the Skins are a comfort for Ravens fans as we can compare our two organizations and feel good afterward.

Is this a joke or something?

You're probably just like all the other Ravens fans around here and just started following them either A) after they won the SB in 2000 or B) after they went 13-3 a few years ago.

You call Redskin fans elitists? LOL Raven fans think they they have the best team in all of football. You're team has a few good seasons and now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Just watch, you're team will fall apart this year just like it did in 2007 after you're great season and 1 and done in the playoffs.

Win some more SBs then come talk to us.

Whats comical is that every fan feels that they have the biggest rivalry in football. The reality is that the rivalry between the Steelers and Ravens maybe big to their fans and teams, but not in the grand scheme of things.

Not enough history there. Talk to me when the franchises have been duking it for more than just 13 years, try for 60+ years

Whats comical is that every fan feels that they have the biggest rivalry in football. The reality is that the rivalry between the Steelers and Ravens maybe big to their fans and teams, but not in the grand scheme of things.

Not enough history there. Talk to me when the franchises have been duking it for more than just 13 years, try for 60+ years

Their rivalry really just started heating up the last few seasons. The "real" rivalries in the NFL are the Redskins/Cowboys, Packers/Bears, Raiders/Chargers, any NFC East matchup, Packers/Vikings, Raiders/Chiefs, Steelers/Browns.

Working in Baltimore, as a Redskins fan, BELIEVE me when i say there is some annimosity and somewhat of a rivalry.

Ravens fans seem to HATE the Redskins. They are tired of the Redskins getting more attention than their beloved Birds. MOST people from Baltimore ARE ALL ABOUT EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO BALTIMORE. Thats not just my opinion, but many others that have gotten to know the city and the people within. You can't tell them that life exists outside of Bmore. To them, its the center of their universe.

So when you have a team down the way like the Redskins who have a much bigger following and more media attention, that upsets them. It may not be a classic "rivalry", but believe me when I tell you that there is some serious annimosity between fans and some bragging rights

Working in Baltimore, as a Redskins fan, BELIEVE me when i say there is some annimosity and somewhat of a rivalry.

Ravens fans seem to HATE the Redskins. They are tired of the Redskins getting more attention than their beloved Birds. MOST people from Baltimore ARE ALL ABOUT EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO BALTIMORE. Thats not just my opinion, but many others that have gotten to know the city and the people within. You can't tell them that life exists outside of Bmore. To them, its the center of their universe.

So when you have a team down the way like the Redskins who have a much bigger following and more media attention, that upsets them. It may not be a classic "rivalry", but believe me when I tell you that there is some serious annimosity between fans and some bragging rights

This is 100% true. People that have lived in Bmore their whole lives love everything about it. You can't go anywhere around here without seeing someone in a Ravens, O's, Natty Boh, or Under Armour shirt.

I'd say its more of a fan rivalry than a team rivalry. Like you said, for some reason Ravens fans hate Redskins fans. No idea why. I never had a problem with the Ravens until I came up here for school. The fans are some of the biggest bandwagoners I know and they love to talk trash about the Skins when the Ravens are doing better.

This is 100% true. People that have lived in Bmore their whole lives love everything about it. You can't go anywhere around here without seeing someone in a Ravens, O's, Natty Boh, or Under Armour shirt.

I'd say its more of a fan rivalry than a team rivalry. Like you said, for some reason Ravens fans hate Redskins fans. No idea why. I never had a problem with the Ravens until I came up here for school. The fans are some of the biggest bandwagoners I know and they love to talk trash about the Skins when the Ravens are doing better.

I was hoping you would chime in! I knew you could give us more of a scoop.

Archived