Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you consider the Ravens a rival?

SIXX99

This.

I am a die hard Redskins fan, but for some people to speak of the Skins as if they are above the Ravens as an organization is just downright stupid. I do, however hate the city of Baltimore and the fans of the team. :)

I think banking on history 20+ years in the past is pretty lame yet understandable, but what really irks me is that people act as if Baltimore has no football tradition.

So what is your point? This thread is called "Do you consider the Ravens a rival?", I say no and you say no. So...

Then we're not really arguing about anything.

It annoys me that Redskins fans try to act as if Ravens fans are desperate to the point that they consider this a rivalry.

We have bigger things to deal with on a consistent basis, like seeding in the playoffs. . .

Then we're not really arguing about anything.

It annoys me that Redskins fans try to act as if Ravens fans are desperate to the point that they consider this a rivalry.

We have bigger things to deal with on a consistent basis, like seeding in the playoffs. . .

Haha ok

Mooney we get it, you hate everything Baltimore. But this thread is about the Ravens, not the Orioles.

I love Baltimore, the city. I hate the fans.

Refused to support the Colts during a downturn, lost the team, then blamed everyone else. And whined for years.

Empty seats at World Series games against the Pirates.

Front running, fair weather, and the most football illiterate fans in the NFL.

You two should resolve your differences with a Natty Boh at Camden Yards. There's plenty of room.

No. Maybe the Steelers? Didn't we use to scrimmage with them annually, back in our Carlisle training camp days?

Unless the NFL creates regional rivalry games, then no. I personally would love to see that set up, since you have natural rivals in the other conference for most of the league.

Redskins-Ravens

Giants-Jets

Eagles-Steelers

Cowboys-Texans

Lions- Browns

Bears- Colts

Seahawks- Broncos (Former Division Mates)

Cardinals- Chargers

49ers- Raiders

Rams- Chiefs

Bucs- Dolphins

Panthers- Jags (Former Expansion Mates)

Titans- Falcons

Packers,Vikings,Saints in the NFC have no real geographical rival in the AFC. The Bengals, Bills and Patriots have no real geographical rival in the NFC.

You could Bills- Packers as cold weather cities mates.

Pair New England with Minnesota and New Orleans with Cincinnati.

The NFL can then add their 17 game and have a all new TV package for it. Perfect, no.

No. Maybe the Steelers? Didn't we use to scrimmage with them annually, back in our Carlisle training camp days?

Unless the NFL creates regional rivalry games, then no. I personally would love to see that set up, since you have natural rivals in the other conference for most of the league.

Redskins-Ravens

Giants-Jets

Eagles-Steelers

Cowboys-Texans

Lions- Browns

Bears- Colts

Seahawks- Broncos (Former Division Mates)

Cardinals- Chargers

49ers- Raiders

Rams- Chiefs

Bucs- Dolphins

Panthers- Jags (Former Expansion Mates)

Titans- Falcons

Packers,Vikings,Saints in the NFC have no real geographical rival in the AFC. The Bengals, Bills and Patriots have no real geographical rival in the NFC.

You could Bills- Packers as cold weather cities mates.

Pair New England with Minnesota and New Orleans with Cincinnati.

The NFL can then add their 17 game and have a all new TV package for it. Perfect, no.

Pretty good list, but Browns - Bengals would probably fit better than Browns - Lions, and Packers - Bears works geographically, but since they're already in the same division, that might be overkill.

Buffalo - Detroit may work since they're connected by Lake Erie.

Otherwise, you're right in that New Orleans and New England would be the odd two out, but they're both "New," so maybe that would work? :D

Indy - Chicago, Seattle - Denver, and Carolina - Jacksonville are pretty huge stretches, but whatever.

Anyway, a few teams not fitting in neatly is fine as baseball does this every year and doesn't have a perfect match for every city.

<snip>...but what really irks me is that people act as if Baltimore has no football tradition.

I think what irks a lot of people about the Ravens is the younger fans who talk smack and beat their chests as though they have some concept or part in that history. People that weren't even alive or who were still sucking on their thumbs when Baltimore last had football - for some reason those are the most vocal, and consequently most annoying, Ravens fans. Even though I know there are some old-school Baltimore fans in the area and every new team needs to attract new fans; it's grating to have to listen to some loud-mouth warble on about how superior of a franchise Baltimore is when that same person was flying the B&G until 2000 and was still attached to their mom's breast when the Mayflower trucks came for the Colts' stuff.

I love Baltimore, the city. I hate the fans.

Refused to support the Colts during a downturn, lost the team, then blamed everyone else. And whined for years.

Empty seats at World Series games against the Pirates.

Front running, fair weather, and the most football illiterate fans in the NFL.

You two should resolve your differences with a Natty Boh at Camden Yards. There's plenty of room.

Well one, I'm not from Baltimore, just live here now. I love the city of Baltimore as well.

Wasn't alive during the O's glory days so can't comment there.

I've always been an O's and Skins fan and always will. Those were the two teams around here I grew up around so I would never change alliegances. Sorry if that angers you.

I think what irks a lot of people about the Ravens is the younger fans who talk smack and beat their chests as though they have some concept or part in that history. People that weren't even alive or who were still sucking on their thumbs when Baltimore last had football - for some reason those are the most vocal, and consequently most annoying, Ravens fans. Even though I know there are some old-school Baltimore fans in the area and every new team needs to attract new fans; it's grating to have to listen to some loud-mouth warble on about how superior of a franchise Baltimore is when that same person was flying the B&G until 2000 and was still attached to their mom's breast when the Mayflower trucks came for the Colts' stuff.

I will admit that the Ravens do have a ton of these fans on the internet, but at games, the crowd is mostly mature guys who used to root for the Colts. That's a generalization, but I've found that kids aren't prevalent at Ravens games like they are at O's games.

I think the Ravens have attracted so many young, loud-mouthed followers because they're a team with unique colors, a short-lived winning tradition, and a very marketable defense which is portrayed as the "bad boys."

Baltimore/Houston have seasoned football fans, Carolina/Jacksonville don't, why is this so difficult to comprehend?

Just because you're too young to have really seen the Colts/Oilers doesn't mean that they didn't exist.

hahahaha too young? right. I've been watching football for 20+ years. Please go back to your Ravens website. You aren't wanted here, and you won't win any debates. Kinda just wasting your time. But it is YOUR time, not mine. I'm going to read up on the Redskins on Extremeskins :doh:

The fans are some of the biggest bandwagoners I know and they love to talk trash about the Skins when the Ravens are doing better.
Those were the two teams around here I grew up around so I would never change alliegances. Sorry if that angers you.

It certainly doesn't anger me - whatever blows your hair back.

It does amuse me that you have the same opinion of Baltimore fans that I do, and you are one.

It certainly doesn't anger me - whatever blows your hair back.

It does amuse me that you have the same opinion of Baltimore fans that I do, and you are one.

What Orioles fan are bandwagoners? They haven't had a winning season since 1997? And what is there to talk trash about? The O's have been horrible lately.

hahahaha too young? right. I've been watching football for 20+ years. Please go back to your Ravens website. You aren't wanted here, and you won't win any debates. Kinda just wasting your time. But it is YOUR time, not mine. I'm going to read up on the Redskins on Extremeskins :doh:

How did you see the Colts in 1989?

(Baltimore) fans are some of the biggest bandwagoners I know and they love to talk trash about the Nationals when the Orioles are doing better.
They haven't had a winning season since 1997? And what is there to talk trash about? The O's have been horrible lately.

Only substituting both the Washington and Baltimore football and baseball teams names, and in your words. Both apply. For proof, see the numerous threads in the Tailgate.

Only substituting both the Washington and Baltimore football and baseball teams names, and in your words. Both apply. For proof, see the numerous threads in the Tailgate.

O's and Nats fans talking trash is meaningless. Both teams are horrible. I don't mind the Nats, but will talk trash when their fans start talking about the O's.

O's and Nats fans talking trash is meaningless. Both teams are horrible. I don't mind the Nats, but will talk trash when their fans start talking about the O's.

Then enjoy your fellow Oriole fans tonite in Baltimore. Wearing violet, they will be easy to spot.

Then enjoy your fellow Oriole fans tonite in Baltimore. Wearing violet, they will be easy to spot.

If Ravens fans have an inferiority complex toward the Redskins, then Nationals fans have an inferiority complex toward the Orioles.

If Ravens fans have an inferiority complex toward the Redskins, then Nationals fans have an inferiority complex toward the Orioles.

Thank you for admitting that Raven fans have an inferiority complex regarding the Redskins.

The rest is nonsense.

Thank you for admitting that Raven fans have an inferiority complex regarding the Redskins.

The rest is nonsense.

Despite the fact that we've made the playoffs six of nine years, had two defensive players of the year, one offensive player of the year, won a Super Bowl, and drafted three Hall of Famers, sure, we have an inferiority complex toward the Washington Redskins. . .

....we have an inferiority complex toward the Washington Redskins. . .

Incredible isn't it?

And when Ray the Knife retires, and the Ratbirds have their inevitable downturn, Mullet & Trailer Stadium will be a ghost-town. Like Memorial Stadium before it.

Amazing how history tends to repeat itself.

Archived