Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you consider the Ravens a rival?

SIXX99

I don't. I actually wish them well if we're not doing good. I like they way they run their team. I do think they suffer from Redskins envy though. Even tho they've been relevant in the NFL for the last 10 years the Redskins still get all the press. That's just how it is.

Anyone else see the quote from Darklight in there? The guy frequents the message board here yet still he writes

At the end of his post he gives a link to a look-a-like thread, as if it's only done for the Ravens. He know's full well that a look-a-like thread is done every week, yet still thinks that one is something special.

But to be honest, it doesn't really seem like either side could give two ****s. We say we don't care but they do, and they say vice versa, in the end their is nothing to create a rivalry.

Darklight is actually a girl. And she's a big Capitals fan.

To be honest with you all. I live in Baltimore and i say B-more definatly has something bad feeling against us skins fans. Been a die hard skins fan for 23 years now.. But every day i go to work all the guys there talk smack.. I don't even talk football and the first thing out of the fans mouths are blow-skins or skins suck and much worse.... And i do my work wondering wow didn't even say anything and there all over me like a bunch of ratbirds.. But that goes to show you the mentality of the fans in Baltimore it's sad. Hell any other fan wearing a different team in b-more your fine..BUT if it's a redskins fan 9 out of 10 ravens fans feel they have something to say... They always say won't don't you come root for a real team.. My answer i have a real team called the redskins.. I don't like to be associated with a bunch of fair-weather fans like you ravens.. As i have stated for a while.. I could careless about the ravens but there fans are just horrible:beatdeadhorse:..

O yeah and one more thing I listen to 98 Rock in the morning on the way to work.. And it's funny when football season starts cause every monday morning Amelia and mickey always ask when there doing the football scores.. I hope the skins loss i hope they loss..

Ravens fans will tell you that it has to do with JKC blocking Baltimore from getting the franchise that ended up being the Jacksonville Jags. I don't really know what happened during the NFL meetings to award those franchises (Jax and Carolina) and I am pretty certain that Cooke would not have been in favor of a franchise in Baltimore, but I don't think any fan really knows the influence he actually had on the other owners. The fact is that the State of Md. was not supporting the building of a new stadium to the extent that Fla was and that, from what I recall, was the deciding factor. Ravens fans just use it to mask their inferiority/superiority complex (like the French).

The thing that strikes me is that Baltimorons see nothing wrong with Peter Angelos blocking the return of baseball to DC. This despite the fact that the O's owe their existence to the support they got from Clarke Griffith, owner of the Washington Senators, who believed that a close rival in the American league would be good for both teams (oh and the new owners of the O's threw in a Brewery on the shores of the chesapeake bay, ol' Clarke got some beer out of it!!)

so let's see, the Colts left the city without a team for, what 13 years. Yeah that really compares with the 34 that MLB stayed out of the Nations Capital. (Yes I am still bitter over that)

I don't see us caring about them.

And when are the Ravens going to admit the Steelers are the closest thing they have to a rival? Yes, the Steelers usually kick their butts and act like they don't care about the Ravens either. But at least they're in the same division. Stupid Ravens fans.

Please, you know Raven fans think of this as a rivalry and not redskin fans.

DC is a world class city and B'more is well, it's not. I think it comes down to city envy. For me, B'more was always just a stop for seafood on my way to Philly or NYC.

Tampa Bay is a bigger rivalry for the redskins than the ravens.

I still remember the 14-13 playoff loss to Tampa back in '99. Dan Turk, rip, but dude you blew it! But Gibbs saw our revenge and got them back in 2005's post season.

Then Seattle took us out in the second round. And again they defeated us during our wild card in 2007's post season, hasting the end of Gibbs second coming.

That's how rivalries form.

Rivals are teams that actually have history playing each other in big games and over time, they form a disdain for one another. The only people that consider it a rivalry are Ravens fan who hate the Redskins for nothing. They piss me off way more than Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants fans because generally Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants fans arent complete *******s and those fans also have the right to hate the Redskins. One time I was in a store with a Skins shirt on and a guy in a Ravens hat says "Redskins suck!" and I just laugh thinking that it was playful smack talk and keep walking. This dude comes up to me and angrily starts talking crap to me about why Redskins fans are idiots and stuff like that. Finally, I just go off and I tell him that its just a sports team and he needs to get a life and he has mental issues. I guarantee all Ravens fans arent like that but it is an example how they believe theres a rivalry when it doesnt even come close to the history which we share with the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants. The only people I talk crap about sports with are people that I know and they know that Im just messing around with them. I want to add that I am an Orioles fan(trust me I know they are terrible but I still love them) so I feel no hatred for Baltimore just ******* Ravens fans.

I do consider them a rival. Baltimorans are jealous of DC, and always have been. They cried when we got a baseball team, so much so, that MLB cut them a deal, where they make almost more money of the Nats TV rights, then the Nats do. But they weren't saying those things when they stole the Cleveland Browns! After all the crying they did about the Colts sneaking away, they go and steal a storied franchise like the Browns! Baltimorans talk more crap about the Skins then anyone. We have to hear about how bad our owner is (even though they have Angelos in Balt.) and how bad our stadium is (even though the Skins stadium was mostly built w/ all of the owners money, and not tax payers dollars).They constantly talk bout that stupid Super Bowl win, even though it happened almost a decade ago!

Archived