Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTOP: 19yr old killed by his own pit bulls

Stricknn

Here are some other links in that same website.

04/25/09: 2009 Fatality: Family Pit Bull Kills 11-Month Old Child in Eastpointe

04/01/09: 2009 Fatality: 7-Month Old Boy Killed by Grandmother's Pit Bulls

03/31/09: 2009 Fatality: 18-Month Old Killed by Pit Bull in Luling, TX

I just can't figure out why anyone with kids would want a pit bull. You have so many other choices. Why increase the risk to your kids if you don't have to?

I just can't figure out why anyone with kids would want a pit bull. You have so many other choices. Why increase the risk to your kids if you don't have to?

I don't get it either, if my Mom owned a Pit, I wouldn't allow my kids to visit. My niece owns a pit,even though it is scared of my Moms cat, I don't trust it, especially around my kids.

Here are some other links in that same website.

04/25/09: 2009 Fatality: Family Pit Bull Kills 11-Month Old Child in Eastpointe

04/01/09: 2009 Fatality: 7-Month Old Boy Killed by Grandmother's Pit Bulls

03/31/09: 2009 Fatality: 18-Month Old Killed by Pit Bull in Luling, TX

There's clearly an epidemic of babies provoking family pets.

I don't get it either, if my Mom owned a Pit, I wouldn't allow my kids to visit. My niece owns a pit,even though it is scared of my Moms cat, I don't trust it, especially around my kids.

BS- 3 of my nephews lived with me for a year- they were 4, 6, 8 when they moved in. My pit would sleep in their bed- follow them everywhere. She LOVED those kids. the young one would pull her ears and her tail- and she never growled, never did a damn thing to show agression. She has been around a lot of kids, various ages, and she absolutely adores children.

Its a sad world that so many punks have ruined this dogs name. People think it's cool to have a mean dog, or a guard dog- and they have no flippin clue how to properly train it. It's the "I wanna be cool like a gangsta" attitude = whereas these people get this breed of dog- then something happens due to a dumbass owner- and then people like you guys are all up in arms over the entire breed. I bet if you did some due dilligence about the people who owned the pets who attacked- you will find those dogs were not properly cared for or trained.

Playing at my softball tourney this weekend some guys brings in a min-Pin, those miniture dobi looking things. That lil ****er was mean- growled at everyone and tried to bite a kid more than once. I bet that dog isn't even 5 lbs and the owner just laughed it off- I bet a million bucks if that had been a Pit- people would have been in an uproar. but again- just another example of stupid dog owners, not the dog.

Wow, why such the hate at pitbulls? Does anyone see a trend of what is just posted? 9month old, 11month old, 6month old.....? Blame the stupid owners for bringing children this small around pitbulls. Dogs like this can go as far as just trying to play with these kids and just killing them by stepping on them. When a golden retriever kills a infant....it never makes media. But when a pitbull mauls even a dog.....its on foxnews and CNN and we should kill all of them. Some are intelligent, loving, and would never hurt a human. Stop blaming the dogs and start blaming the owners. Here is mine

photo.php?pid=270841&id=547489334

BS- 3 of my nephews lived with me for a year- they were 4, 6, 8 when they moved in. My pit would sleep in their bed- follow them everywhere. She LOVED those kids. the young one would pull her ears and her tail- and she never growled, never did a damn thing to show agression. She has been around a lot of kids, various ages, and she absolutely adores children.

Its a sad world that so many punks have ruined this dogs name. People think it's cool to have a mean dog, or a guard dog- and they have no flippin clue how to properly train it. It's the "I wanna be cool like a gangsta" attitude = whereas these people get this breed of dog- then something happens due to a dumbass owner- and then people like you guys are all up in arms over the entire breed. I bet if you did some due dilligence about the people who owned the pets who attacked- you will find those dogs were not properly cared for or trained.

Playing at my softball tourney this weekend some guys brings in a min-Pin, those miniture dobi looking things. That lil ****er was mean- growled at everyone and tried to bite a kid more than once. I bet that dog isn't even 5 lbs and the owner just laughed it off- I bet a million bucks if that had been a Pit- people would have been in an uproar. but again- just another example of stupid dog owners, not the dog.

LJS, I understand you like Pit Bulls, but we are talking about kids being killed at random by Pit Bulls. We are talking about Grandmothers dogs in some of these cases. We are not talking about dogs that were trained to fight, we are talking about family pets. In all of these cases, including the OP, it appears the dogs snap and then it's over for whoever get's in thier way.

http://www.dogsbite.org/blog/2008/11/2008-fatality-2-year-boy-killed-in.html

2008 Fatality: 2-Year Old Boy Killed in Clark County, Nevada

Alexander Adams, 2-Years Old

UPDATE 12/03/08: Las Vegas police spokesman Bill Cassell could offer no viable theory as to why the family pit bull (or pit bull mix) killed the 2-year old child. He said Alexander's grandmother was walking with the dog's food bowl into a room where the dog was normally fed. The toddler followed his grandmother into the room, and that is when the attack happened. Though food may have played a role, there is no certainly as to what triggered the attack.

http://www.dogsbite.org/blog/2008/09/2008-fatality-pit-bull-fatally-mauls-4.html

09/12/08: Deadly Family Dog Attack

Las Vegas, NV - In a developing story, a 4-month old girl was killed today by her family's two pit bulls. According to Capt. Cedric Williams, the grandmother who was babysitting the child was also bitten when she tried to save her. "Somehow the dogs got inside the house," Williams said. He added that the dogs "were the family pets."

Williams said that when police arrived, in an effort to save the victims, they had to kill the two dogs. Williams did not release the name of the child or the grandmother. He said that rescue personnel who went to the scene are being offered counseling. This marks the 6th fatality this year -- of 17 total -- when a baby, 12-months old and younger, was killed by the family dog.

No Charges Filed

UPDATE 10/22/08: Clark County District Attorney David Roger said his office couldn't find that the family members of the child had intentionally placed her in harm's way. "There were no significant prior actions of the dogs that would suggest that these dogs would be dangerous to human beings," Rogers said.

And to be fair, I undeerstand otehr dogs attack and can kill, the difference is, Pit Bulls kill more frequently than any other dog period.

Related articles:

09/07/08: 2008 Fatality: Alexis Hennessy, 6-Days Old, Killed By Family Dog (Huiskie)

08/05/08: 2008 Fatality: Tulsa Infant Killed by Labrador

07/25/08: 2008 Fatality: 1-Year Old Erie Girl Killed by Family Dog

01/20/08: 2008 Fatality: Justin Mozer Killed by Jack Russell Terrier

01/04/08: 2008 Fatality: Brooklyn Infant Killed by Family Dog (doberman)

LJS, I understand you like Pit Bulls, but we are talking about kids being killed at random by Pit Bulls. We are talking about Grandmothers dogs in some of these cases. We are not talking about dogs that were trained to fight, we are talking about family pets. In all of these cases, including the OP, it appears the dogs snap and then it's over for whoever get's in thier way.

I still think the vast majority of these cases are poorly trained animals.

They may be "grandmothers dogs" - but it doesn't take a genius to realize that a poorly trained pitbull is infinitely more dangerous than a poorly trained yorkie or even a lab.

I'd also say that given the enormous amount of pit bulls out there that the amount of attacks posted is still an extremely low percentage.

I got attacked by a pitbull last Thursday night delivering pizzas.

I knocked on the door and hear the dog going ape**** inside. Normal stuff. The stupid lady opens the door but there is still a screen door in place. I see the pitbull inside. Next thing I know that thing starts running right at the screen door, runs into it, and burts it open. I step back and it jumps up at me. I smacked it in the face with the pizzas and then proceeded to beat it off with the pizzas and to keep a bush between me and it. The stupid ass lady just stands there screaming. Eventually she gets the pitbull inside.

So two years I've been delivering pizzas. I've come across every dog you can imagine. German Shepards, Great Danes, a Saint Bernard, and was pretty much ass raped by a wolf hybrid's nose. First pitbull I come across and it attacks me.

Must just be a coincidence right? Yeah right. My perspective on this whole debate changed right there. **** them.

When a golden retriever kills a infant....it never makes media. But when a pitbull mauls even a dog.....its on foxnews and CNN and we should kill all of them. Some are intelligent, loving, and would never hurt a human. Stop blaming the dogs and start blaming the owners.

If a Golden Retriever, or ANY dog kills an infant that would be HUGE news.

Do you think that maybe the reason pit bull attacks make the news more often is because they happen alot more often? Or is it due to the massive media conspiracy to eradicate pit bulls?

My favorite Pit.....Tiny. I looooove him. Soooo sweet.

Holy crap watch out that Pit is going for children ... you can see it scheming right now!

Won't someone please think about the children!!

In all seriousness :) don't dress up your Pitt no wonder they may snap haha.

"An opposing argument is that no breed is inherently aggressive towards humans and that regulating one breed simply moves the irresponsible owners to start focusing on breeds that haven't yet been regulated, moving the problem to other breeds. This is one of the positions taken by the American Veterinary Medical Association."

But what do they know about animals .... right?

GoSkins561 - in your view/opinion what is the solution to this?

First, I will say this again, I lived next to a Pit Bull that had one of these responsible owners. He raised the dog as a puppy, around 4 kids, worked with it on a leash and the dog still laid a 100+ stitch wopping on my dog for no reason.

I would love to see a complete ban in Hagerstown, there are way to many idiots walking the streets of Hagerstown looking gangsta with Pit Bulls at thier side. All of them will make the same argument that any of the responsible Pit Bull owners are making in this thread. Since,(at least in Hagerstown) there are more idiots that own Pits than responsible owners, this is the only solution. I am not convinced and will never be convinced Pit Bulls make good dogs, regardless of the owner.

I have pretty much convinced myself if. I see a Pit, roaming without a leash on my property, my property will be the last piece of property the dog sees. They are to dangerous and I am not taking a risk when it comes to my kids.

I got attacked by a pitbull last Thursday night delivering pizzas.

I knocked on the door and hear the dog going ape**** inside. Normal stuff. The stupid lady opens the door but there is still a screen door in place. I see the pitbull inside. Next thing I know that thing starts running right at the screen door, runs into it, and burts it open. I step back and it jumps up at me. I smacked it in the face with the pizzas and then proceeded to beat it off with the pizzas and to keep a bush between me and it. The stupid ass lady just stands there screaming. Eventually she gets the pitbull inside.

So two years I've been delivering pizzas. I've come across every dog you can imagine. German Shepards, Great Danes, a Saint Bernard, and was pretty much ass raped by a wolf hybrid's nose. First pitbull I come across and it attacks me.

Must just be a coincidence right? Yeah right. My perspective on this whole debate changed right there. **** them.

You are like the 20th regular poster in The Tailgate, not random, but "regular" that has had a run in with a Pit. Welcome to the club. :cheers:

Holy crap watch out that Pit is going for children ... you can see it scheming right now!

Won't someone please think about the children!!

In all seriousness :) don't dress up your Pitt no wonder they may snap haha.

haha i know....the guy that owns it doesn't normally dress it up, it was just one of those silly things. Tiny is the sweetest dog....when my boyfriend and I go to see him, he starts squealing and jumping around because he's so happy. And all he cares about when he goes on walks is killin' lizards.

haha i know....the guy that owns it doesn't normally dress it up, it was just one of those silly things. Tiny is the sweetest dog....when my boyfriend and I go to see him, he starts squealing and jumping around because he's so happy. And all he cares about when he goes on walks is killin' lizards.

If he is killing Lizards, you better be careful with him around other cats and dogs.

First, I will say this again, I lived next to a Pit Bull that had one of these responsible owners. He raised the dog as a puppy, around 4 kids, worked with it on a leash and the dog still laid a 100+ stitch wopping on my dog for no reason.

I would love to see a complete ban in Hagerstown, there are way to many idiots walking the streets of Hagerstown looking gangsta with Pit Bulls at thier side. All of them will make the same argument that any of the responsible Pit Bull owners are making in this thread. Since,(at least in Hagerstown) there are more idiots that own Pits than responsible owners, this is the only solution. I am not convinced and will never be convinced Pit Bulls make good dogs, regardless of the owner.

I have pretty much convinced myself if. I see a Pit, roaming without a leash on my property, my property will be the last piece of property the dog sees. They are to dangerous and I am not taking a risk when it comes to my kids.

Ok so what happens when Pitts are outlawed? They will go to Rottweilers which are much bigger dogs. Are those ok? Or should we outlaw those too? And keep outlawing big dogs until people have a choice between a Pug and a Chihuahua?

If you really wanted to advocate training for bigger dogs you would have more people agreeing with you but this obviously very biased and opinionated views on Pitt Bulls looks very ignorant of the facts.

Ok so what happens when Pitts are outlawed? They will go to Rottweilers which are much bigger dogs. Are those ok? Or should we outlaw those too? And keep outlawing big dogs until people have a choice between a Pug and a Chihuahua?

If you really wanted to advocate training for bigger dogs you would have more people agreeing with you but this obviously very biased and opinionated views on Pitt Bulls looks very ignorant of the facts.

I have presented plenty of facts, would you like to read some more articles about children being killed by Pit Bulls? The fact is, when they attack they either rip the ever living :pooh: out of what ever they are attacking or they kill. Rotts are a completely different breed and have a completely different displacement than a Pit, I think it's because they are terriers, IMO they tend to have the "snap factor" which you read about in all of these stories. Once they have thier mind on attacking something and sink thier jaws into thier victim it is hard to get them to stop.

If a Golden Retriever, or ANY dog kills an infant that would be HUGE news.

Do you think that maybe the reason pit bull attacks make the news more often is because they happen alot more often? Or is it due to the massive media conspiracy to eradicate pit bulls?

Is this sarcasm..? It's because of people like you who can't wait for a pitbull attack to hit the media. It's a day for the pitbull haters to speak out there one sided mind about how pitbulls are the devil and they all should be put to death. They also happen more often due to the fact that they are extremely popular dogs, and are also popular dogs that land in broken down homes where they are neglected, have no idea who to trust, and are trained to kill. Do you think maybe that's why they happen so often? I would love you to step into my home (WHILE I'M HOME) to show you how loving, playful, and happy my pit is when he knows you were let in by choice. I would also show you how extremely smart my pit is by doing tricks that would blow your mind. Pits got a bad rep.....but some are the most loyal, caring, and loving dogs you can imagine. I trained my pit to do what's right and so far he has never let me down and he's almost 6.

Is this sarcasm..? It's because of people like you who can't wait for a pitbull attack to hit the media. It's a day for the pitbull haters to speak out there one sided mind about how pitbulls are the devil and they all should be put to death. They also happen more often due to the fact that they are extremely popular dogs, and are also popular dogs that land in broken down homes where they are neglected, have no idea who to trust, and are trained to kill. Do you think maybe that's why they happen so often? I would love you to step into my home (WHILE I'M HOME) to show you how loving, playful, and happy my pit is when he knows you were let in by choice. I would also show you how extremely smart my pit is by doing tricks that would blow your mind. Pits got a bad rep.....but some are the most loyal, caring, and loving dogs you can imagine. I trained my pit to do what's right and so far he has never let me down and he's almost 6.

Well this "most loyal" dog seems to turn on it's owner more than some of the "most loyal" other breeds. See the Op, if you look at the kids facebook page that was killed, you will see pictures of him holding a Pit puppy, I am assuming it's one of the dogs that attacked him.

I have presented plenty of facts, would you like to read some more articles about children being killed by Pit Bulls? The fact is, when they attack they either rip the ever living :pooh: out of what ever they are attacking or they kill. Rotts are a completely different breed and have a completely different displacement than a Pit, I think it's because they are terriers, IMO they tend to have the "snap factor" which you read about in all of these stories. Once they have thier mind on attacking something and sink thier jaws into thier victim it is hard to get them to stop.

I guarantee you a poor owner could get Rottweiler to do the same things that a Pitt Bull does to a small child.

Bad owners = bad pets ... Pitt Bulls are not predisposed to see small children and go OH JOY!

Bad owners = bad pets ... Pitt Bulls are not predisposed to see small children and go OH JOY!

I posted have posted 5 articles where children under 5 have been attacked and killed(this year/by "family pets") for no reason at all, would you care to explain why this happens?

You can't blame the owners, if the dog had never been in trouble before.

Archived