Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTOP: 19yr old killed by his own pit bulls

Stricknn

Sad story

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1737077

LEESBURG, Va. - Autopsy results are expected Tuesday on Carter Patrick Ridge Delaney, 19. He's the man who died after a dog attack. Police are erring on the side of caution in discussing what may have happened at the home in the 100 block of Plaza Street Monday.

Delaney's body was found in the front foyer. Initially, police said he was 20.

"We're exploring the possibility the dogs were supposed to be in backyard but somehow got into the home," Leesburg Police spokesman Chris Jones tells WTOP.

The two pitbulls were owned by Delaney's brother.

"Everything is in order, as far as shots and licensing," Jones says.

What's still not clear is whether Delaney was trying to break up a dog fight.

When police went to the home at the request of one of Delaney's relatives, they found four dogs.

Two were the attacking pitbulls. The other two were small dogs. One was in a cage and the other was found dead.

The dogs were taken to Animal Control.

on his facebook page- looks like he was a Skins fan, RIP

2901_1153187390284_1245653435_1600299_2086091_n.jpg

(on right)

R.I.P fellow skins fan.

Pits are dangerous, when they snap they can be next to impossible to stop. There are numerous ES members that have been attacked by or know someone /something that has been attacked by a pitbull.

My wife works in downtown Hagerstown and says she sees idiots walking around with Pits all day long, I am hoping for an eventual ban on all pure bred pit bulls in Hagerstown.

Pits are extremely dangerous. About two months ago my then 10 week old lab was attack by a pit bull while my fiance and I were walking her. The owner of the pit didn't do anything but I jumped on the pit's back and applied a choke hold until it nearly passed out. It was very strong and I was surprised at its strength. Luckily my lab was ok just a cut above her eye.

Man that's sad. Like someone else has said, just another reason not to own a pitbull. Do people not understand that they're NEVER right in the head? I get so tired of hearing the "it's how you raise them" excuse. That's a load of garbage.

No matter how many times it happens, PIT defenders will be here before you know it with the Labs bite more people than Pits excuse. The big difference is, pits kill and cause more serious injuries than any other breed.

PIT defenders will be here before you know it with the Labs bite more people than Pits excuse.
I get so tired of hearing the "it's how you raise them" excuse. That's a load of garbage.
You can say all you want how "oh, it's the owner who makes the dog mean," but this is a breed that was bred to be extremely aggressive, and TO FIGHT and KILL in dogfights.

It's a Dog of Peace.

I hate stories like this, so sad. Pit bulls are extremely powerful animals that should not be handled by inexperienced dog owners. Large dogs take a lot of time and work. I think that a special license should be required to own a dog over 30+ pounds. Mandatory owner training.

What upsets me about these stories is that I have a beautiful, amazing Pit-Border Collie Mix. He has the coat/coloring/brains of a Border Collie, but the build and head of a Pit. Stories like this and horrible owners make my life so unnecessarily difficult at times - and my dog is only a mix!

My dog has the highest level of training you can achieve (tested and certified). He is so calm and cuddly that our Vet has push us to start training him as a professional therapy dog. Even with all of this, finding an apartment for me can be a challenge – just because he is a mix. Stupid people who have ****ing no business owning ANY dog, let alone pit bulls, make even owning a dog that is part Pit-Bull almost impossible.

I am not here to defend Pit-Bulls at all - some of them are extremely aggressive and have ZERO business being owned by anyone. Those dogs need to be put down for society and for themselves. I just wish there was a way to regulate who owned pits so inexperienced people cannot get their hands on what can be a very dangerous animal in the wrong environment.

Pictures from a recent camping trip

3115_646672231554_5312141_38019549_6857935_n.jpg

3115_646671997024_5312141_38019505_8003207_n.jpg

3115_646672176664_5312141_38019539_8003070_n.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of Pit Bulls.

However, I've met quite a few that were very friendly recently since I moved to an area where seemingly everyone has a dog. I'm definitely no "Pit defender" or whatever but I do think a lot of people buy the breed without having the proper knowledge or willingness to train them properly.

If you don't take the time to train a lab or a shepherd you might have a dog that bites. If you don't train a pitbull or another of the more aggressive breeds you are playing with fire and might have a dog that kills.

As someone else said - they certainly aren't for novice dog owners.

thats sad, another reason not to own a pitbull.....

I also own a pit bull- and am a responsible owner. I am also a trained K9 officer/dog trainer. I put 99% blame on owners who make their dogs viscious and fight. The sad part is- many people who own pits think it's cool to make them mean, further enhancing society's blame on the breed, not the owner.

My dog loves kids and cats. However, I know her limits when it comes to other dogs, especially small ones.

people dont realize the power of large animals and the amount of training and dedication you have to put into them to have well behaved sociable dogs.

ive been bitten by chihuahuas more times than i can remember, and people laughed when it happened....they joked that if the dog was a pit it would have been put down a long time ago....just an example of people who shouldnt own animals

No matter how many times it happens, PIT defenders will be here before you know it with the Labs bite more people than Pits excuse. The big difference is, pits kill and cause more serious injuries than any other breed.

Same thing goes for people with the opposite view. You're not going to see stories in the news of how cute and nice a pit is because that's not news.

Was there small child at the bottom of that hill? Looks hungry to me.

IM going to disagree with most of the posters in this thread and say that it IS the owner that turns a pit into an agressive fightier. Ive owned multiple pit bulls and not once have any of them attacked a person or another dog. Im convinced that most people that are interested in buying pit bulls buy them with the mentallity that they are going to turn them into mean aggresive dogs. Thus the high number of attacks by the bread. On the other hand, most people that buy labs want a nice friendly dog. If someone wanted a mean ass Lab, which most people dont, they could easily raise it in such a way.

Well, I will just throw it out there.

There is an article stating "Ban Blacks, not pitbulls" for anyone that is interested in reading it. I can not view it from my workstation computer.

I think acceptable dogs are Bulls, Lab Retrievers and/ or Rottweilers. I've heard that Bulldogs are very stubborn though and become territorial freaks.

another reason not to own a pitbull

Why? Because someone chose to turn them into being vicious? I can take a Chihuahua and make it attack anyone. Should we not own Chihuahua's? This can be said for ANY and EVERY type of breed.

I owns two Pitbulls, both of which are probably the nicest dogs I've ever had. Hell they're nicer than my pointer is. My pointer snapped at them and you'd expect them to attack, no, they ran away.

This whole misconception of them all being vicious and should be put down is a joke.

Just because they are loyal to their owners and do what you tell them doesn't make them a bad dog or vicious, it makes the owner bad and vicious. From now on I say we start executing the owners who make these dogs vicious rather than the dog, considering the owner gets off on a fine or little jail time.

It's wrong for a dog to be put down for something it's master told it to do.

Anyone who says all Pitbulls are vicious has clearly NEVER owned one.

IM going to disagree with most of the posters in this thread and say that it IS the owner that turns a pit into an agressive fightier. Ive owned multiple pit bulls and not once have any of them attacked a person or another dog. Im convinced that most people that are interested in buying pit bulls buy them with the mentallity that they are going to turn them into mean aggresive dogs. Thus the high number of attacks by the bread. On the other hand, most people that buy labs want a nice friendly dog. If someone wanted a mean ass Lab, which most people dont, they could easily raise it in such a way.

I pretty much agree with this.

Although, even more than the mentality - pit bulls are predisposed to be more aggressive than most other dogs. It takes the willingness to use time (and sometimes money) to train them so that this predisposition doesn't cause problems.

Sadly, even more than wanting an "aggressive" dog - people just raise the dog with no training at all - which can be disasterous.

Agreed , not so much the dog as the owner.

I do think mandatory training for large breed owners(in the city) might be a decent idea though...too many idiots out there.

I want a grandfather clause though;)

I hate stories like this, so sad. Pit bulls are extremely powerful animals that should not be handled by inexperienced dog owners. Large dogs take a lot of time and work. I think that a special license should be required to own a dog over 30+ pounds. Mandatory owner training.

What upsets me about these stories is that I have a beautiful, amazing Pit-Border Collie Mix. He has the coat/coloring/brains of a Border Collie, but the build and head of a Pit. Stories like this and horrible owners make my life so unnecessarily difficult at times - and my dog is only a mix!

My dog has the highest level of training you can achieve (tested and certified). He is so calm and cuddly that our Vet has push us to start training him as a professional therapy dog. Even with all of this, finding an apartment for me can be a challenge – just because he is a mix. Stupid people who have ****ing no business owning ANY dog, let alone pit bulls, make even owning a dog that is part Pit-Bull almost impossible.

I am not here to defend Pit-Bulls at all - some of them are extremely aggressive and have ZERO business being owned by anyone. Those dogs need to be put down for society and for themselves. I just wish there was a way to regulate who owned pits so inexperienced people cannot get their hands on what can be a very dangerous animal in the wrong environment.

Pictures from a recent camping trip

3115_646672231554_5312141_38019549_6857935_n.jpg

3115_646671997024_5312141_38019505_8003207_n.jpg

That doesn't count. He has some Border Collie in him, they happen to be by far, the smartest dog species.

Archived