Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STLToday:Black conservative beaten at STL town hall meeting

Spaceman Spiff

Gov't influence in my daily life....I'm looking around right now...I don't see them...maybe they hide really well.:silly: As per government healthcare, well lets see; my son and daughter have been hospitalized a total of 5 times (3 for him 2 her) for hernia, dehydration due to flu, and roto-virus; he has received dental work when he fell and knocked out his two front teeth and they receive doctor's visits all on government run health care. So you're trying to convince me that it can't be done or what?

In the church I have my insurance provided, my wife has a minimal policy but we wouldn't be able to afford an insurance policy for our kids. Heck, I don't even have life insurance (not that I want the gov't to cover that).

I defend Obama on these things because well heck I agree with him so sue me for speaking my mind when I see others bashing for the sake of bashing.

I know this post was a couple pages back but anyways..

How oblivious must you be to not see the government's influence? Honestly, they tax your income, regulate what's on tv, set standards your car must pass, provide power/utilities or regulate the utility companies, and pretty much regulate everything in our daily lives.

Also, why do you want the government to give you health care, but don't expect them to foot the bill for life insurance?

You mean the government that offered a program that was so unbelievably successful that it ran out of money faster than anyone could have imagined that they decided to infuse it with twice as much money as they had originally intended all to satisfy the demand from 10's of thousands of people rushing out to take advantage of the program.

You mean that program?

Giving away billions in government money to have working cars (American resources) destroyed is a success? Isn't consumerism a part of how we got into this mess? Of course its going to go fast, you're giving Americans free money to buy new stuff.

Giving away billions in government money to have working cars (American resources) destroyed is a success? Isn't consumerism a part of how we got into this mess? Of course its going to go fast, you're giving Americans free money to buy new stuff.

Irony is not all the money earned is going to U.S. auto dealers.

Because the money was used up fast doesn't make it successful.The cars that are being destroyed are taking goods away from parts dealers,auctions,small used car dealers,and people who can't afford more expensive cars.A large portion of these people buying cars would probably be buying at some point in the near future anyway.The long term effect of this program won't be known for awhile.

Didn't take long for someone to break out the "brown shirts" reference......OYE!

We just went through eight years of liberals calling Bush a nazi, and conservatives couldn't stand it(understandably so), and Obama is in for about 6 months now, and he is already a Nazi/Hitler/Stalin/Mao etc etc........

I guess tit-for-tat?

Please don't confuse us conservatives with Republicans. Had the Republicans when in power showed any type of fiscal conservatism they would likely still be in power! It was the Republicans who took issue with the name calling on Bush.

WTF is a "brown shirt"????

Most of the money is going to Honda,Hyundai,Toyota,Kia and Nissan as they have more higher mpg rated cars.

Interestingly small suv's and trucks are selling well

http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/07/autos/cash_for_clunkers_sales/index.htm?cnn=yes

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- What are people trading their clunkers in for? It depends on who you ask.

The government's results showed small cars as the top choice for shoppers looking for Cash for Clunker deals. But an independent analysis by Edmunds.com disputed those results, and showed that two full-size trucks and a small crossover SUV were actually among the top-ten buys.

This is exactly the problem in 10 words or less.
You mean a Reprisentative thats Costic, can't see past her Partisanship and exploits any oppurtunity to devide the country??

I agree....Pelosi is worse than Worthless

She continues to act "Stupidly" and "Evil"

You mean a Reprisentative thats Costic, can't see past her Partisanship and exploits any oppurtunity to devide the country??

I agree....Pelosi is worse than Worthless

She continues to act "Stupidly" and "Evil"

You, I'm used to that kind of name-calling from. ljs, not so much. I'm disappointed with what's going on in Tailgate. It seems to be getting worse.

I can't wait to watch the mythology about this event grow.

By next month, the far right will be remembering this as "that poor black conservative who got dragged to death behind a SEIU truck when he dared show his face at a town hall meeting and meekly raise his hand to be called on..." :laugh:

I can't wait to watch the mythology about this event grow.

By next month, the far right will be remembering this as "that poor black conservative who got dragged to death behind a SEIU truck when he dared show his face at a town hall meeting and meekly raise his hand to be called on..." :laugh:

Did you miss the poster who's already claiming that it happened because Obama ordered his union thugs to assault protesters?

This thread already has a couple hundred posts and I didn't read it all, so I apologize if someone already mentioned this:

Two of the people were arrested on suspicion of assault, one of resisting arrest and three on suspicion of committing peace disturbances, police say.

How in the hell do you get arrested for resisting arrest? Shouldn't you be getting arrested for something else first and then, if you resist, have "resisting arrest" tacked on later? (I'm sure that must be the case, but you wouldn't know it from what was reported in the article.)

This article seems to be rather lacking in details.

You, I'm used to that kind of name-calling from.......
She deserves it

She's bomb throwing right up there with Uberjerk

She is stupid and evil

Take off the partisan eyewear....look for truth and not her canned BS

Then again, I understand YOU defending her

Google it with the key word Nazi.

The funny thing is that one of the first things Hitler did when he assumed power was to outlaw trade unions. And of course the actual Brown Shirts were attacking union members even before that.

But I guess when the commie thing is played out and calling them S.S. is too much you gotta find some scary nickname. What better then something people really know almost nothing about (besides the convenient and well known Hitler/Nazi connection.)

So ****ing stupid.

(And I apologize if someone already went over this. I don't feel like wading through all this bull****.)

This looks like one hell of a train wreck here, so I'll steer as far clear as I can.

with all the partisanship I've seen in the country over the past decade and the fact that it is growing ever more divisive by the day (even more militantly and violently so) that I think we're getting closer than we have in the last 160 years to another civil war, except this time, it will be a true civil war with the objective being total control of the government and country rather than independence and rebellion suppression.

not saying were at that point right now, but, if we continue down this road at this rate of speed, we could realistically be there in 2-4 years depending on how congressional and presidential elections go.

:doh: ai-yai-yai Dios mio

Archived