Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STLToday:Black conservative beaten at STL town hall meeting

Spaceman Spiff

And deservedly so.

Yeah because it's totally in the best interest of the country to tie up courts, judges, and lawyers over a pride pissing contest in which no one was hurt or ever in any danger. Obama had it right, the solution was to sit down and talk not stare at eachother across a court room or make accusations in the paper.

Im laughing HYSTERCIALLY at most of the leftwingers hear in complete panic mode now that the overwhelming majority of Amercians are realizing what a complete disaster Democrat rule is.

Keep laughing. As the economy recovers keep your eyes on those polls.

Panic mode? You're party hopes Palin is the answer. You went from Reagan, a brilliant leader, to a moron. Which matches poll numbers showing educated voters are fleeing the GOP like rats off a sinking ship. When the economy turns around... oh man it's going to be fun watching republican strongholds turn purple.

Of course you dont. You'll spin anything to fit your narrow liberal ideal of how the world should be.

Im laughing HYSTERCIALLY at most of the leftwingers hear in complete panic mode now that the overwhelming majority of Amercians are realizing what a complete disaster Democrat rule is.

Who is the "vast" majority and who is in "panic"? The right-wingers? Sorry, but these protesters, the Birthers, and all of the conservative opposition are not the majority. If they were, they never would have lost the election.

This nation is still trying to get out of the real mess that was already happening when Obama took office.

Yeah because it's totally in the best interest of the country to tie up courts, judges, and lawyers over a pride pissing contest in which no one was hurt or ever in any danger. Obama had it right, the solution was to sit down and talk not stare at eachother across a court room or make accusations in the paper.

Most people that are arrested for disorderly conduct go to court and pay their fine, do community service, or whatever. Takes like 15 minutes if that.

But because this guy is a bigshot Harvard professor he gets treated to beer at the White House.

Democrats are supposed to be the party of the middle class.

You didn't even think before you wrote that did you. Seriously what the hell!?

He was repeating the infamous Chicago tactics used by those now in Obama's cabinet. The same guy is jokingly accused of twisting arms of the blue dog democrats to get them to come on board but of course liberals wouldn't think that of Emanuel or anyone else.

He was repeating the infamous Chicago tactics used by those now in Obama's cabinet. The same guy is jokingly accused of twisting arms of the blue dog democrats to get them to come on board but of course liberals wouldn't think that of Emanuel or anyone else.

Brownshirts is not a reference to Chicago, its a reference to 1930's Berlin.

Keep laughing. As the economy recovers keep your eyes on those polls.

Panic mode? You're party hopes Palin is the answer. You went from Reagan, a brilliant leader, to a moron. Which matches poll numbers showing educated voters are fleeing the GOP like rats off a sinking ship. When the economy turns around... oh man it's going to be fun watching republican strongholds turn purple.

That's the sad part. Their hopes and dreams are based upon failure, which is why the GOP are hoping for failure with health reform. They also hope that a loud rally of people are going to convince everyone that they represent the plurality of this country. Thankfully, they do not.

I am sure most people who are going to these town halls aren't there to get into confrontations. Unlike the protesters, who apparently are fine with their insurance.

If someone is at a function to talk about concerns over their health insurance, it's rather stupid of them to wind up in a fight. Especially if, as you said, they "may have health care challenges."

If someone is at a function to talk about concerns over their health insurance, it's rather stupid of them to wind up in a fight. Especially if, as you said, they "may have health care challenges."

Other then the protesters, we have no idea why those other people were there. Everyone who's visiting these town hall meetings aren't insurance-less: Some of them are just there to express their opinion on the matter.

I figured as much, this whole thing is stupid. Its all a move by Conservative groups to grab headlines and create some sort of movement or at the very least make it appear that there is a movement when all they are doing is proving that they cannot act with civility.

Was it wrong to beat the guy? Sure. Gotta know the whole story though, since it was very light on details.

Holy crap. Way to downplay a beating. Not exactly your best post. :doh:

That's the sad part. Their hopes and dreams are based upon failure, which is why the GOP are hoping for failure with health reform. They also hope that a loud rally of people are going to convince everyone that they represent the plurality of this country. Thankfully, they do not.

How can anyone expect anything but failure from the Health Reform? Honestly, it's the U.S. Government folks. I'd rather a chimp throw darts at a big board to decide my fate than the guys in D.C.

Holy crap. Way to downplay a beating. Not exactly your best post. :doh:

It wasn't a beating. There's video footage of the "attack," and it's a scuffle and nothing like how it was described.

The sad fact is, in one video, they talk about "UNION THUGS," when it's the protesters who are yelling at people, harassing them, and generally acting like thugs.

Who is the "vast" majority and who is in "panic"? The right-wingers? Sorry, but these protesters, the Birthers, and all of the conservative opposition are not the majority. If they were, they never would have lost the election.

This nation is still trying to get out of the real mess that was already happening when Obama took office.

The left is grasping at straws to find a new villain. If Democrats are trying to figure out who's responsible for the shaky state of affairs Obama administration has found itself in, they should try looking in the mirror.

Obama won on a platform of not being Bush. Now people are seeing Obama for who he is, not who he isn't, and a lot of them don't like what they see. The left is spinning like crazy to avoid that fact.

Well, I can't really post anything here without you, Asbury, Bacculus shouting down the source as "right wing conspiracy" or "paranoia" but it looks like some big brother stuff.

Basically the White House wants to know when/where people are disagreeing with Obama's health care reform plan. Take from that what you will.

I always get thrown into this "liberal" stereotype. I don't think I ever discredited anything about the article or the story. I think I said the people that attacked the guy were jackasses who need to be held accountable. I just also said that some people there against the health care reform were being stupid too.

Oh, and that email address thing sounds ridiculous and is somewhat embarassing... not to mention disturbing.

The US Gov't can barely run a rebate program and you expect them to tackle health care for you?

You mean the government that offered a program that was so unbelievably successful that it ran out of money faster than anyone could have imagined that they decided to infuse it with twice as much money as they had originally intended all to satisfy the demand from 10's of thousands of people rushing out to take advantage of the program.

You mean that program?

How can anyone expect anything but failure from the Health Reform? Honestly, it's the U.S. Government folks. I'd rather a chimp throw darts at a big board to decide my fate than the guys in D.C.

What? It's the private sector who are failing us in so many ways. Who do you think it causing problems with medicare in the first place? Billions of dollars worth of fraud from private practitioners and providers defrauding the tax payers.

You cannot blame the US government for problems caused by privately owned enterprises.

Why do you think we have so much war profiteering? Once again, private companies like Halliburton and KBR ripping us off for millions of dollars.

Private agencies have just as much capacity to display incompetence. After all, there's a reason why we haven't privatized everything. Would you want Blackwater running our military?

You mean the government that offered a program that was so unbelievably successful that it ran out of money faster than anyone could have imagined that they decided to infuse it with twice as much money as they had originally intended all to satisfy the demand from 10's of thousands of people rushing out to take advantage of the program.

You mean that program?

You know you're talking about a government program when you are measuring success by the rate at which it ran out of money.

I figured as much, this whole thing is stupid. Its all a move by Conservative groups to grab headlines and create some sort of movement or at the very least make it appear that there is a movement when all they are doing is proving that they cannot act with civility.

Was it wrong to beat the guy? Sure. Gotta know the whole story though, since it was very light on details.

First, it appeared ok by the media and everyone else reporting when the protesters were at it against the war, however when this is private citizens protesting bad policy they are catagorized by not only the white house but the media as an angry mob....classic.

second, there hasn't been any proof that this is organized mobery by the republican party. I wish they were that clever and smart.

Another point to this is, let's say for arguement sake this is organized, why are they the only people there at these townhall meetings?? There aren't any other people other than these angry mob people who show up?? Sounds suspect if you ask me.

If these people are plants, than why is it when they speak, most of the crowd applauds what they say??

Even if they are plants, the opposition to this bill is justified. It's a bad bill that is bad for the country. The actions by the white house and the presidents people in leadership are deplorable and disgusting. He's acting as if no one should oppose him and if they do he will silence them. sad a pathetic!

Archived