Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STLToday:Black conservative beaten at STL town hall meeting

Spaceman Spiff

No, it's a direct response to the claims by the Dems that anyone protesting must be part of an angry mob.

Well, these people ARE acting like an angry mob.

When peace protesters did this, they were denounced, especially acting like Code Pink, interrupting others and making a nuisance, they were denounced.

How things change when the roles are reversed!

As I pointed out, there are two sides. One of the people arrested just walked out and got bum rushed by the police. For all we know, the man's claim of being attacked was rubbishy; maybe he got into a shoving match. Maybe he is just playing the wounded "woe is me" party.

And there are people from the "protest" side who are getting rough, themselves, pushing people. After all, they are the ones who are displaying all the anger: Who do you think, therefore, are going to be the most aggressive?

I tend to believe that there is anger on both sides, and I certainly can see how a conservtive black man could get accosted by liberals who take exception to his beliefs.

So the guy is telling a lie while in his hospital bed with multiple injuries. Gotcha.

yes, I fail to see how the other side would interpret that as anything but a lame attempt at humor.

guess I'm closed minded, or rather not attuned to streeeeeetch mindedness.

I agree that the sign is an attempt at humor, but its stupid and the person who is carrying it isn't presenting an argument against policy they are looking for attention.

I so long for the days when our politics can be about better ideas rather than poster-board, and a black sharpie.

No more than every other time certain posters here claim it's relevant.

Since this was a conservative black though, their silence is deafening isnt it?

We don't know the details of the attack. Also, one of the supposed attackers were black as well, so I doubt if this was racist.

We don't know the details of the attack. Also, one of the supposed attackers were black as well, so I doubt if this was racist.

Of course it wasnt. Even though racial slurs were used. But it was a conservative, so my guess is that Jesse and Al will remain silent.

I agree that the sign is an attempt at humor, but its stupid and the person who is carrying it isn't presenting an argument against policy they are looking for attention.

I so long for the days when our politics can be about better ideas rather than poster-board, and a black sharpie.

man, we have learned over the past years that ALL protests are just a form of getting attention to their point of view.

I long for those days too brother!

FTR, I thought the Angry Mob sign was pretty stupid. I mean, if you get enraged by the sight of an old fartnocker at a political rally with an "angry mob" sign, you were already looking for a fight.

I'm not saying people getting into a fight over it aren't stupid also... I'm just saying it adds fuel to a blaze. And people on both sides are causing problems.

I think there was some of this going on with both sides in this story.

Agreed, to a certain degree. I just can't imagine getting that pissed off about something to where I'd want to throw a punch. Unless it was a Dallas fan. :dallasuck :)

I'm not saying people getting into a fight over it aren't stupid also... I'm just saying it adds fuel to a blaze. And people on both sides are causing problems.

I dunno man, it's just a sign. I'm not reading too much into it.

Well, these people ARE acting like an angry mob.

When peace protesters did this, they were denounced, especially acting like Code Pink, interrupting others and making a nuisance, they were denounced.

How things change when the roles are reversed!

Kinda like those peaceful protestors at the World Bank and World Trade meetings.

I tend to believe that there is anger on both sides, and I certainly can see how a conservtive black man could get accosted by liberals who take exception to his beliefs.

So the guy is telling a lie while in his hospital bed with multiple injuries. Gotcha.

Not a lie, but I can't make any final judgment on what actually took place. I have no idea if this man instigated the event, because, right now, the protesters are the people who are being the most aggressive. They are the ones getting into people's faces and making a scene. If you scream and yell enough, then someone may display some anger back.

I do not condone violence, but, right now, the right-wing are really pushing their behavior to the brink, and to the point that violence WILL happen from one side or another.

And please explain this further: "I certainly can see how a conservtive black man could get accosted by liberals who take exception to his beliefs." Oh yeah, because its been liberals, who have been making racist comments since Obama's been elected president and who have been involved with all of racist events. Right? Oh, one of the men who was supposedly involved in the attack was black, so he must have been racist too as well, eh?

Kinda like those peaceful protestors at the World Bank and World Trade meetings.

That's a red herring: I never said those people were peaceful. The are specifically there to cause a scene. That's what they do, because they are anarchists. They are there to protest these meetings.

Not a lie, but I can't make any final judgment on what actually took place. I have no idea if this man instigated the event, because, right now, the protesters are the people who are being the most aggressive. They are the ones getting into people's faces and making a scene. If you scream and yell enough, then someone may display some anger back.

I do not condone violence, but, right now, the right-wing are really pushing their behavior to the brink, and to the point that violence WILL happen from one side or another.

And please explain this further: "I certainly can see how a conservtive black man could get accosted by liberals who take exception to his beliefs." Oh yeah, because its been liberals, who have been making racist comments since Obama's been elected president and who have been involved with all of racist events. Right? Oh, one of the men who was supposedly involved in the attack was black, so he must have been racist too as well, eh?

well, are you saying that it isnt very common for public aggression to be displayed when someone of the african american community doesnt "play along" with the general political flow of the rest of that community? Havnt you heard of the horrible phrase "uncle tom"?

You are right in some part though, the racists on both sides are garbage.

Of course it wasnt. Even though racial slurs were used. But it was a conservative, so my guess is that Jesse and Al will remain silent.

Again, we don't know what happened. A black man saying ""n-word"" probably isn't being racist. Just crude. And liberals usually aren't knowing for spontaneously using racial slang, either. So, unless I know full details, I am not going to switch into full outrage mode.

Again, we don't know what happened. A black man saying ""n-word"" probably isn't being racist. Just crude. And liberals usually aren't knowing for spontaneously using racial slang, either. So, unless I know full details, I am not going to switch into full outrage mode.

While I agree, that's not the usual modus operandi of our resident "blame whitey" crowd.

So lets be calm and cool about this one until we know everything. Fair enough. But when we did know everything about the Gates case, liberals just dismissed the police report as untrue. Why is that?

Archived