Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STLToday:Black conservative beaten at STL town hall meeting

Spaceman Spiff

You mean the government that offered a program that was so unbelievably successful that it ran out of money faster than anyone could have imagined that they decided to infuse it with twice as much money as they had originally intended all to satisfy the demand from 10's of thousands of people rushing out to take advantage of the program.

You mean that program?

Why wouldn't they have allocated more money in the first place? Of course giving away free money is gonna be a hit. So you're willing to put blind faith into a group of elites that decide what health care you and your family need? Our government has been incompetent for a decade or more. I'm not just bashing on O's administration, which is what you and Baculus seem to defend most often. Think about how much gov't influence is already in your life, why do we need even more?

It sounds like a big ****ing mess. People for and against health care reform with a public option seem to be getting out of hand. Its lame.

If you want to protest, do it in a civil fashion. And if someone's protesting in a civil fashion, let them continue.

I agree, but again we need to clarify that this bill isn't healthcare reform. It's govt run healthcare, two different things.

You know you're talking about a government program when you are measuring success by the rate at which it ran out of money.

I really don't even know where to begin with this nonsense. The point of the program is to get people to let go of their old cars and buy new or used ones. It's works... and then people complain that it worked too quickly?! Definately a republican mind at work here. If it doesn't take years, the government doesn't lie to you about it, and no one gets shot or bombed... it must be a failure.

The left is grasping at straws to find a new villain. If Democrats are trying to figure out who's responsible for the shaky state of affairs Obama administration has found itself in, they should try looking in the mirror.

Obama won on a platform of not being Bush. Now people are seeing Obama for who he is, not who he isn't, and a lot of them don't like what they see. The left is spinning like crazy to avoid that fact.

Oh yeah, because it was the Democrats who controlled the Presidency for the last two terms and controlled Congress for much of that. Right?

:doh:

Obama didn't run on not being Bush. He ran on trying to fix things and taking the nation into a different direction. This entire reform is a part of that direction, and, if you paid attention during his campaign, fixing health care was part of his platform.

You're just repeating the new attack mantra of the Republicans. They are the only ones spinning, because this is a specific campaign designed for spin, along with the rest of the right-wing media, including an entire news station in Fox News, who propel this spin.

Remember when Ron Paul supporters thought that "everyone was waking up" in 2008, when the reality was far from the truth? Well, this is the same case: "everyone" isn't "waking up," because "everyone" do not agree with the Republicans.

"Everyone" does not believe that health care in the US is fine and we don't need to do something about it.

Why wouldn't they have allocated more money in the first place? Of course giving away free money is gonna be a hit. So you're willing to put blind faith into a group of elites that decide what health care you and your family need? Our government has been incompetent for a decade or more. I'm not just bashing on O's administration, which is what you and Baculus seem to defend most often. Think about how much gov't influence is already in your life, why do we need even more?

Gov't influence in my daily life....I'm looking around right now...I don't see them...maybe they hide really well.:silly: As per government healthcare, well lets see; my son and daughter have been hospitalized a total of 5 times (3 for him 2 her) for hernia, dehydration due to flu, and roto-virus; he has received dental work when he fell and knocked out his two front teeth and they receive doctor's visits all on government run health care. So you're trying to convince me that it can't be done or what?

In the church I have my insurance provided, my wife has a minimal policy but we wouldn't be able to afford an insurance policy for our kids. Heck, I don't even have life insurance (not that I want the gov't to cover that).

I defend Obama on these things because well heck I agree with him so sue me for speaking my mind when I see others bashing for the sake of bashing.

I agree, but again we need to clarify that this bill isn't healthcare reform. It's govt run healthcare, two different things.

No it isn't. The private industry is fully in place with this bill; you're just spreading disinformation.

It's reform.

And why do you even care? As it is, the GOP has clearly stated that it does not want reform, because, according to some within the party, everything is fine with our current system.

You mean the government that offered a program that was so unbelievably successful that it ran out of money faster than anyone could have imagined that they decided to infuse it with twice as much money as they had originally intended all to satisfy the demand from 10's of thousands of people rushing out to take advantage of the program.

You mean that program?

It's hardly surprising that throwing free money up for grabs would generate demand.

If Warren Buffet said he was handing 4k in cash to the first 10,000 people who lined up outside Stuckeys in Topeka, KS, I bet there would be more than 1000 people there. Big deal. Of course Buffet would actually have the means to do that....

Pointing out that

a) The title of the article is "Six people, including P-D reporter, arrested at Carnahan meeting".

B) The article describes two people who were attacked. One says he was a conservative, the other said he was there because he supports the idea of government health care.

Who is the "vast" majority and who is in "panic"? The right-wingers? Sorry, but these protesters, the Birthers, and all of the conservative opposition are not the majority. If they were, they never would have lost the election.

This nation is still trying to get out of the real mess that was already happening when Obama took office.

If there is no panic why the name calling?

The slurs?

The Nazi association? Well on that topic its ironic how during a previous health care idea by a democrat:

Washington Post, Howard Kurtz, July 28, 1997: "Two senators call a news conference to present an average, hardworking American who -- to their embarrassment -- turns out to have a Nazi swastika tattooed on his arm. Is that news? Several major media organizations didn't think so. The West Virginia truck driver was trotted out by Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) and Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) as someone who would be helped by the Clinton tax plan. Rockefeller, clearly unaware of the tattoo, introduced the man as 'a very close and personal friend.'"

So these guys back in 1997 shilling for Clinton's tax plan, bring out a guy, close personal friend of J. Rockefeller, actually has a swastika tattooed on his arm.

Why the accusation of things Democrats are more famous for doing? Busing in protesters, having posters already printed for a spontaneous gathering? Physically intimidating others, throwing the victim and race card in attempts to silence people?

Conservatives like me didn't vote for Obama or McCain I couldn't sell out my principles for either candidate and alot of others did the same.

People want to forget

Pointing out that

a) The title of the article is "Six people, including P-D reporter, arrested at Carnahan meeting".

B) The article describes two people who were attacked. One says he was a conservative, the other said he was there because he supports the idea of government health care.

Nothing in the article matches the video that was supplied, this whole this is a classic mountain out of a molehill.

There's a big difference between running out of a product and running out of free money.

No....there was a certain amount allocated and it ran out due to higher than expected demand, what's more is that the program was never delayed nor postponed. So, what's your point? Oh that's right, gov't sucks...moving on.

for whats its worth, here is a rather fuzzy video of the man being attacked by the union members (looks like one white member and one black at least)

they were 2 of those that were arrested.

The first guy on the ground is in purple, if its the same t-shirt as the guy who is arrested later in the vid then it is the african american who has him on the ground, the guy arrested at the end of the video pulls the african american off the first guy and the african american falls.

i.e. no beating, no gang of 6...minor scuffle...lots of screaming and yelling...much ado about nada.

*edit "Black conservative beaten at STL town hall meeting" just sounds a whole lot better than "couple guys get into a scuffle outside a town hall forum on aging"

The first guy on the ground is in purple, if its the same t-shirt as the guy who is arrested later in the vid then it is the african american who has him on the ground, the guy arrested at the end of the video pulls the african american off the first guy and the african american falls.

i.e. no beating, no gang of 6...minor scuffle...lots of screaming and yelling...much ado about nada.

We mist have watched a different video, because I saw the vid pick up in the middle of a ruckus with concerned onlookers pulling a man off another man and yelling at him to stop atacking the conservative man in the green shirt.

Why the accusation of things Democrats are more famous for doing? Busing in protesters, having posters already printed for a spontaneous gathering? Physically intimidating others, throwing the victim and race card in attempts to silence people?

I assume you really meant "Why the accusations of things both Parties have done?"

I really don't even know where to begin with this nonsense. The point of the program is to get people to let go of their old cars and buy new or used ones. It's works... and then people complain that it worked too quickly?! Definately a republican mind at work here. If it doesn't take years, the government doesn't lie to you about it, and no one gets shot or bombed... it must be a failure.

I like this idea better than other forms of stimulus, but it's still overblown if you look at what was really gained.

So alot of people bought cars with the government's free money. That just means that anybody who was thinking about buying a car in the next few months struck while the iron was hot. The auto industry got a good temporary jolt, but it's at the expense of sales in September or October.

How many people didn't buy a car in the previous two months because they were holding out to take advantage of the program?

The fact that there was this burst of demand indicates that there were alot of people who timed a purchase they probably would have made already in order to coincide with the program. I have a hunch that there were far more opportunists who took advantage of it than people who based their whole decision of whether or not to buy on the existence of cash for clunkers.

I don't think the net gain is all it's cracked up to be.

Again, does that look like six guys kicking another guy in the back? There's a difference between a beating and a scuffle.

This is the exact sort of thing that the conservatives are wishing to happen. They want to create a scene, and if something does happen, blow it up into epic proportions.

"See! Those racist liberals are angry!"

Archived