Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STLToday:Black conservative beaten at STL town hall meeting

Spaceman Spiff

We mist have watched a different video, because I saw the vid pick up in the middle of a ruckus with concerned onlookers pulling a man off another man and yelling at him to stop atacking the conservative man in the green shirt.

The pictures does not demonstrate any sort of beating. It's a scuffle. It isn't the "back kicking" ass whopping that was originally described.

Again, does that look like six guys kicking another guy in the back? There's a difference between a beating and a scuffle.

This is the exact sort of thing that the conservatives are wishing to happen. They want to create a scene, and if something does happen, blow it up into epic proportions.

"See! Those racist liberals are angry!"

The worst part is that the video starts with Guy 1 already on the ground...so we have no idea what happened before the video begins.

The worst part is that the video starts with Guy 1 already on the ground...so we have no idea what happened before the video begins.

I picture shoving and flailing, followed by the subsequent flying accusations. Ever seen that video of those two old Italian guys fighting? Where they are awkwardly swinging their arms at each other, until one falls on his hip and breaks it? Yeah, that is what I picture.

The pictures does not demonstrate any sort of beating. It's a scuffle. It isn't the "back kicking" ass whopping that was originally described.

well, it sure must have been somewhat of a beating or the guy wouldnt have ended up hospitalized.

and Asbury, your pics really are worthless,

If the guy in the green shirt wasnt being attacked by the union members,

1. Why were the people in the crowd yelling at the union members "you two attacked him"?

2. Why were the union guys arrested and not the victim?

I honestly am stunned the strange somewhat dishonest approach you guys are taking when describing the events in the video.

well, it sure must have been somewhat of a beating or the guy wouldnt have ended up hospitalized.

1. Why were the people in the crowd yelling at the union members "you two attacked him"?

I honestly am stunned the strange somewhat dishonest approach you guys are taking when describing the events in the video.

I don't think it has to be a beating before someone ends up in visiting the ER. He probably fell on the asphalt and bruised something. The other guy was on the ground, too, so he may have been hurt as well.

It's like football -- sometimes the guy who shoves last gets into trouble. Also, again, if you recall, this was supposedly an attack where multi-people beat one guy while he was on the ground. We see nothing of the sort.

As Sparkle said, it is a mound out of a mole hill.

He didn't end up hospitalized, he was in the emergency room I can go to the emergency room for a splinter.

The guy in the green is tussling with the african american and the guy who is arrested pulls the african american off the guy in the green. I'm thinking the guy in the green is with the 2 guys in purple.

SS, we don't have any idea who's who in that boondoggle. We don't have any idea what the guy was in the hospital for.

I'll say this, if the guy in the hospital is the young guy who came over to the camera and said he got attacked, then the fact that he went to the ER is an example of why health care costs so much in this country.

After looking at those play-by-plays, I'm going to agree with you. This is a mountain out of a molehill.

Agreed. Everyone needs to calm down, and people like Glenn Beck shouldn't be trying to stir up so much anger. It's not going to lead to anything good.

Agreed. Everyone needs to calm down, and people like Glenn Beck shouldn't be trying to stir up so much anger. It's not going to lead to anything good.

I'll agree with you on that too, as long as Gibbs, Pelosi, and Reid stop calling all of these people extremists, birthers, racists, and thugs. Believe it or not, that stirs up anger too.

3. Why do you seem (from reading your posts) to believe that the most important thing about this incident is your (unsupported, from what I've seen) belief that some of the people are guilty of membership in a union?

I'll agree with you on that too, as long as Gibbs, Pelosi, and Reid stop calling all of these people extremists, birthers, racists, and thugs. Believe it or not, that stirs up anger too.

Many of them are birthers. In a recent poll, around half of the Republicans question Obama's validity to be President. I don't see why you would get angry with Pelosi over that since it's the conservatives who are producing these people. And some of them are acting like thugs, by intimidating, voice, and physical intimidation.

Of course, the protesters are also calling others thugs, such as "ACORN thug" or "Union thug." So they don't seem to mind using this term themselves.

Racists? Well, race may not have much to do with this issue, but loud protests usually invites the "extremist" label. Yelling and screaming probably doesn't represent the mainstream, just like Code Pink didn't represent most anti-war protesters, either.

where was all the "left of center" outrage when the an archist were destroying US cities during the WTO meetings? funny how all of a sudden when it is a protest against their views, all the "eft of center" media and citizens are all of a sudden outraged? DO you see these peopel burning cop cars? Smashing out business windows? Assualting innocent bystanders? NO.

where was all the "left of center" outrage when the an archist were destroying US cities during the WTO meetings?

That outrage was all over the Tailgate. And every responsible left of center source I know denounced those thugs as well.

where was all the "left of center" outrage when the an archist were destroying US cities during the WTO meetings? funny how all of a sudden when it is a protest against their views, all the "eft of center" media and citizens are all of a sudden outraged? DO you see these peopel burning cop cars? Smashing out business windows? Assualting innocent bystanders? NO.

1) One of our cities has been destroyed, and I didn't hear about it? Actually, I observe the plural, so I guess that means that more than one was destroyed?

Which ones? I may have relatives who are now homeless.

2) And funny, I don't see any "left of center outrage" in this thread.

In fact, I think we're on page 11, now. And as near as I can tell, I'm the only poster who's noticed that the article describes more than one person who was attacked.

Near as I can tell, the subject of this thread is "Union thugs assault black man on orders from Obama White House".

Terrible. These things should never come to violence. I don't really care if the guy passing out conservative leaflets was obnoxious or if he was as innocent as one of God's lambs. It should never descend into violence and those who attacked him (assuming they attacked fiirst) ought to be arrested and punished.

I suspect that the Conservative was distributing and/or saying stuff... but that's freedom of speech and he's allowed to do that. You want to refuse to accept, yell back, or crumple his leaflet and toss it in front of him that's fine. When you cross the line into physical confrontation that's crossing the line.

Those guys are Black Bloc agitators, and they are condemned even among anarchist circles. They lived for that stuff and really don't help the protest movement by destroying private property.

Watch a move such as "The Battle in Seattle," and you will see the frustration within the anti-Capitalist movement when that sort of property destruction takes place.

The third in line to the presidency....

Interviewer: Do you think there’s legitimate grassroot opposition going on here?

Pelosi: “I think they’re Astroturf… You be the judge. “They’re carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town meeting on healthcare"

The third in line to the presidency....

Interviewer: Do you think there’s legitimate grassroot opposition going on here?

Pelosi: “I think they’re Astroturf… You be the judge. “They’re carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town meeting on healthcare"

Pelosi is a *****. I can't stand her.

Archived