Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STLToday:Black conservative beaten at STL town hall meeting

Spaceman Spiff

well, are you saying that it isnt very common for public aggression to be displayed when someone of the african american community doesnt "play along" with the general political flow of the rest of that community? Havnt you heard of the horrible phrase "uncle tom"?

You are right in some part though, the racists on both sides are garbage.

Sure, I've heard of "Uncle Tom." Who hasn't? But I don't see a wave of "Uncle Tom" attacks happened. And, really, what party have been involved with recent racist incidents? Who have been saying inappropriate things or sending inappropriate e-mails? Conservatives/Republicans, or Liberals/Democrats?

As I said, any attack on a person is shameful, especially if it is race related and especially if the man did no harm.

So lets be calm and cool about this one until we know everything. Fair enough. But when we did know everything about the Gates case, liberals just dismissed the police report as untrue. Why is that?

That's just not true. Idiots dismissed the police report as untrue and freaked out right away. A lot of liberals stayed calm and waited to get all the facts.

So lets be calm and cool about this one until we know everything. Fair enough. But when we did know everything about the Gates case, liberals just dismissed the police report as untrue. Why is that?

Because Gates was arrested in his house; there isn't much to dispute. The main point of contention is whether or not the man should have been arrested, and whether or not race played a factor.

People already are riled up, because this attack happened during a loud, raucous mob. We have no idea if pushing and shoving took place, this man fell down as kicked, and the action continued. Another part of the story details other people being pushed around, so a melee of some sort seemed to have broken out.

This is what happens when anger is incited.

Because Gates was arrested in his house; there isn't much to dispute. The main point of contention is whether or not the man should have been arrested, and whether or not race played a factor.

People already are riled up, because this attack happened during a loud, raucous mob. We have no idea if pushing and shoving took place, this man fell down as kicked, and the action continued. Another part of the story details other people being pushed around, so a melee of some sort seemed to have broken out.

This is what happens when anger is incited.

So you don't think your positions on these two events are politically motivated just a liiiiittle?;)

It's clear that there are fired up people on both sides of this debate. Why should the government take on this new role in health care if half the people are militantly against it and half are militantly for it?

I would think that the mere act of suggesting legislation leads to people fighting in the streets would be a reason to put the brakes on and rethink what you're really trying to accomplish.

There are for more who milliantly oppose the bill than those who are for it in it's current state.I agree you would think with the current pulse of the public Washington would take a step back and try and do the right thing.

While I agree, that's not the usual modus operandi of our resident "blame whitey" crowd.
Not that I pay much attention to this nonsense, but really don't recall Jackson and Sharpton making many protests about any black guy calling another black guy racial names. So I'm having trouble going with the "its all because he's conservative" business.

Now about beating people up over political issues, this should not happen anywhere, ever, to anybody. I don't care if its a fat redneck waving a noose or an unwashed longhair burning a flag. Should not ever happen. Ever.

Anyway, here's some video of the event. Kinda hard to make out whats going on, but whatever...2nd video down the page.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/seiu-thugs-beat-up-town-hall-protester

Oh brother. "Are these ACORN people"? Do conservatives think that EVERYONE is an ACORN agent? And if anyone is acting like a "thug," its that mob standing there and harassing everyone walking through the door.

And that is what I am talking about -- in the second video, we see angers flaring. People falling. Accusations leveled. "You attacked him!" "No, he attacked me!" One man walks away, rubbing his shoulder, while more people scream, especially one protester who is walking around and yelling. Later, one of the protesters, a woman, is apparently arrested after pushing someone else. A man in blue that we saw earlier is also arrested.

This is what I am talking about. It's confusion and pissed off people.

Anyway, here's some video of the event. Kinda hard to make out whats going on, but whatever...2nd video down the page.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/seiu-thugs-beat-up-town-hall-protester

Starting at 2:32 the exchange goes something like

Conservative: This guy here, he attacked me.

Liberal (white guy) purple shirt: No I did not attack you...you attacked (something can't make it out he's pointing)... I pulled you off of....(him/her?).

The video is sketchy at best because it starts with the guy on the ground near the curb of the side walk.

A potential scenario:

The protester got up in front of someone and the big guy moved him to the side and the man slipped off the curb.

Another the guy hit him and he fell off the curb.

Either way this is not an "attack".

What is that?

Well, I can't really post anything here without you, Asbury, Bacculus shouting down the source as "right wing conspiracy" or "paranoia" but it looks like some big brother stuff.

Basically the White House wants to know when/where people are disagreeing with Obama's health care reform plan. Take from that what you will.

I think the most stupid "incitement" came from Pelosi and Reid et al who claimed these peoples views were fake, manufactured and illegitimate.

Some of them WERE fake and manufactured, people that were directly planted by certain parties. But they have done their job -- they made the impression that there was a "mob," which was quite small at first, and more and more people have been attracted to do the same thing. The article I posted earlier said the following:

"Instead, hundreds of vocal critics turned out, many of them saying they had been spurred on through the Tampa 912 activist group promoted by conservative radio and television personality Glenn Beck. Others had received e-mails from the Hillsborough Republican Party that urged people to speak out against the plan and offered talking points."

It's called creating a vanguard. You have a small organized group that lays the foundation so that people of like mind will become attracted, enlarging the "revolutionary" protests.

The article and the video don't match. The article talks about a conservative being attacked the video shows a bunch of goofy morons jawing and pushing eachother over. I see nothing in the video matching the claims that some poor innocent conservative was singled out and assualted.

So you don't think your positions on these two events are politically motivated just a liiiiittle?;)

Well, after watching days of these protesters behaving in a rather aggressive manner, how am I supposed to respond?

People are already upset about health care, especially those who may have health care challenges. They go to a town hall to talk with their representative about their problems, and what do they see? A mob screaming and yelling, blocking doors and creating a scene.

Don't you think this is going to push someone from either side over the edge, especially if the protesters are being intentionally inflammatory?

The article and the video don't match. The article talks about a conservative being attacked the video shows a bunch of goofy morons jawing and pushing eachother over. I see nothing in the video matching the claims that some poor innocent black conservative was singled out and assualted.

Why hasn't Jesse Jackson said anything yet?

Archived