Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

umstew42

I don't get the whole harry potter thing. I see grown men read it and I just don't get it.

I'm not bashing anyone for liking it, I'd just like someone to explain why its so popular?

Grown men and women are supposed to read it...it was originally written for adults.

The books are just very well written with very interesting stories.

I don't get the whole harry potter thing. I see grown men read it and I just don't get it.

I'm not bashing anyone for liking it, I'd just like someone to explain why its so popular?

agree. i don't get the whole "reading" thing period. :)

I'm a sucker for everything on the big screen. BUT I did see Death Race on cable today. Man was that a odourous piece of ****
I saw a preview for a movie while seeing Bruno (ugh, a steaming pile of ****) that looked like a remake of death race mixed with enders game. seriously.

I just hope they don't ****ize the book like the 5th one did :doh:

Harry Potter's cool :yes:

Agreed. The 5th movie was a suckfest of epic proportions compared to the book. How they managed to take the longest book in the series and make the shortest movie in the series I'll never know.

I'll wait until it comes out on video though, unless my son really wants to see it.

I'm taking a woman and seeing it in IMAX on Friday! :D

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?!? They're having an IMAX showing???? Hell Yeah, I'm going to pick up some tickets tomorrow for the Saturday or Sunday showing. God I love living 5 minutes from the IMAX theater.

I normally see the midnight showing but just cant swing it this time. I wont make it into work the next day so Im seeing it tomorrow night. The books are extremely addicting. I have no idea how many times I have reread them but I pick up something new every time. Its amazing how well she linked the stories and how well they flow together. I wish she would write some more maybe about some of the other characters.

It's not really something you can understand until you start reading it. I was the same way. For years I rolled my eyes when people would discuss HP. And I laughed at all the people who lined up at bookstores everywhere waiting for the doors to be opened so they could storm in and pick up the 7th and final book. But then someone finally got me to reluctantly start reading for the first time ever a couple years ago. I was instantly hooked. I can probably say that if I had started reading earlier, I would have been one of those people waiting outside the bookstore for the last book.

^ I was thinking 11 too, we went around 11:15 for The Dark Knight last year and got seats close to the screen, even though it was still so awesome. They usually open up the theaters by then because the only thing they are showing at that time is the midnight screenings so everyone is in their seats and waiting for hours. 10 would be safe, 11 will be ok too I'm sure.

Archived