Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

umstew42

Neverread the books and didn't care anything about the Potter series but I watched the movies with my daugther and they have gotten better with each one. Darker as well. I think I like movies more than she does.

I wasn't a fan of the movies in the beginning, but they have gotten better. Still, they aren't even close to as good as the books.

It pains me when I hear of people watching the movies and never touching the books. As a whole, the movies are a disgrace to the books.

Yeah, the books are so good. They are written towards adults, though- I'm sure the books are hard for most kids to comprehend.

I'm 38, I'm not reading the books.
My mom is 60 and she has read them. My friend's dad is in his early 60s and HE has read them. I'm not gonna force you to read them, of course, but age means nothing.

My mom's the one that got me into them- she's in her mid fifties.

I know. And its a shorter book than HBP. And these movies average $900 million dollars at the box office, they should milk them for every nickel.

No it's not. HBP is 645 pages. Deathly Hallows is over 700.

EDIT: From Amazon: HBP- 652 pages

Deathly Hallows- 784 pages

Yeah, the books are so good. They are written towards adults, though- I'm sure the books are hard for most kids to comprehend.

My mom's the one that got me into them- she's in her mid fifties.

Except for probably the first two. Those were more for kids, IMO. But as the characters got older, the books got more complex, as expected.

umstew, the Death Race with Jason Statham? It wasn't a masterpiece, but IMO was the PERFECT "shut your brain down and enjoy the action" type of flick.

And Natalie "Case" Martinez :drool:

Alright, I have to agree with you there, but the whole premise of the movie was a little ridiculous, no?

I've read them all, my younger (by 3 years) sister has, my parents have.

The books aren't THAT bad reps of the movies (sans the last one, which COMPLETELY BUTCHERED Dumbledore's explanation to Harry :doh: ).

Hopefully after the last one Emma Watson can do Playboy or something :drool:

EDIT:

Alright, I have to agree with you there, but the whole premise of the movie was a little ridiculous, no?

:yes: but you watch those movies for mindless action, not for realism :hysterical:

It's OK. You're just confused (of course, you being a Cowboys fan told us that already :D ).

Surely I can't be the ONLY one who doesn't think Emma Watson is hot, can I? :rotflmao:

dudes, can we not turn this thread into a thread about hot women? It's a HARRY POTTER thread!

I haven't heard/seen the name of a hot woman in this thread yet. :cool:

Megan Fox is not HOT outside of Transformers, she's just pretty good looking. I think we should have an ES 100 Hottest Women Ever poll.
I'd still hit it, you would too.
Surely I can't be the ONLY one who doesn't think Emma Watson is hot, can I? :rotflmao:
:yes:

Archived