Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX NEWS- Billy Mays found dead

StillUnknown

bad week month to be a celebrity. sad to hear this

This takes me back to the woman who died a few months ago...said she had a bump on the head while skiing then died a day or so later...

makes you wonder about bumps on the head huh?

Spirited TV pitchman Billy Mays was found dead at his Tampa home earlier this morning, police said.

Mays, 50, lent his trademark booming voice to infomercials for products like OxiClean and Orange Glo.

His wife, Deborah Mays, found him at their home Sunday morning, the Associated Press reported. Tampa police said there were no signs of a break in or foul play.

An autopsy will be done by Monday afternoon to determine the cause of death.

I'm not sure how reliable it is but I heard he may have been struck in the head during that rough landing.

Sad news regardless. :(

Update: I found confirmation that he was struck in the head.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/28/faa-billy-wasnt-wearing-a-seat-belt-on-plane/

here's Billy's actual quote:

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

Makes you wonder. Was it the blow to the head? Maybe he took something for pain that killed him? I guess we will know soon enough but I thought this was interesting.

God Bless you Billy Mays. You had recently became one of my favorite celebrities and a personal hero. You were and always will be the king of Infomercials and pitching.

Is this serious or are you making fun of all the people who have deified Sean Taylor / Michael Jackson / et. all?

Long day today, I didn't hear that Billy died, until I was in my Dad's hospital room after finding out he has blood clots due to bi-lateral knee surgery. Mom and I were both stressed enough and I tried breaking the tension with a Billy Mays (OxyClean) voice after seeing some blood on Dad's sheets. Mom's best friend was in the room at the time (who happens to work at the hospital) chimed in, "Oh, he died."

Call me what you will, but there are words you just don't want to here in a hospital room, especially when your hero is...

R.I.P Billy Mays

Great Pitchman, the best in recent years.

Archived