Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX NEWS- Billy Mays found dead

StillUnknown

Would you guys consider it 5 with David Carradine dying as well?

RIP Billy, although I never bought one of his products, I would always crack a smile when I saw him on tv.

David Carradine

Ed McMahon

Farrah Fawcett

Michael Jackson

Billy Mays

Gale Storm

They come in 3's.

So in this week alone we've lost...

The quintessential TV sidekick and host of Starsearch

One of the most absolutely stunning women to walk this planet

The King of Pop

And the King of Infomercials..

unbelievable...

Add David Carradine to that too. Sad month for celeb deaths.

I was flying out of Tampa right after his plane landed. While my wife and I were checking our luggage for our flight back to Dulles, we heard a TSA official come over and ask another employee at the Airport if they'd heard about the plane that blew it's tires on the runway. The airport employee had not heard that yet, but asked if everyone was ok. The TSA agent said they were checking people for injuries at that point and hadn't heard any bad news.

Then later i found out Billy Mays was on that plane, and that the luggage hitting him during the landing is possibly what killed him. Aboslutely crazy.

Fox News showed the clip of Billy Mays getting questioned by a reporter at the airport right after the rough landing. Billy said it was a very hard landing and hit his head. He then cracked a joke saying he'd be alright because he's hard headed. Then they reported a friend of his talked to Billy a little later in the afternoon and he sounded very tired. Also, supposedly his wife said that Billy was saying before they went to bed that he wasn't feeling right.

I'm thinking it's another one of those head injuries like the actress Natasha Richardson, where they hit their head and think they're okay, but pass away later due to a clot or something.

I was flying out of Tampa right after his plane landed. While my wife and I were checking our luggage for our flight back to Dulles, we heard a TSA official come over and ask another employee at the Airport if they'd heard about the plane that blew it's tires on the runway. The airport employee had not heard that yet, but asked if everyone was ok. The TSA agent said they were checking people for injuries at that point and hadn't heard any bad news.

Then later i found out Billy Mays was on that plane, and that the luggage hitting him during the landing is possibly what killed him. Aboslutely crazy.

Oh, I flew into TPA at 9:30 Saturday nite and noticed the plane at the end of the runway surrounded by firetrucks, but failed to watch the news. That'll make you think twice about an aisle seat.

Update:

http://www.reuters.com/article/mediaNews/idUSN2939116920090629

TAMPA, Fla., June 29 (Reuters) - Billy Mays, well known for pitching a variety of products in U.S. television commercials, had heart disease but did not appear to have suffered head trauma in a rough airplane landing prior to dying in his sleep on Sunday, a medical examiner in Florida said on Monday.

The bearded, black-haired Mays, 50, who gained fame as an enthusiastic TV "pitchman" advertising an array of commercial products, was found dead by his wife at their home in Tampa, Florida.

On Saturday, Mays was among the passengers aboard a U.S. Airways flight from Philadelphia that landed roughly at Tampa International Airport after apparently blowing a tire.

Mays told local TV shortly afterward that objects had dropped from the ceiling of the plane upon impact and he had received a blow on the head, although he said at the time he felt fine.

In a preliminary statement on Monday after an initial autopsy, Hillsborough County medical examiner Vernard Adams said his examination found that Mays had "hypertensive heart disease," which refers to heart disease caused by high blood pressure, but "there was no evidence of any head trauma."

Adams said this heart ailment "was certainly capable of causing the sudden death." He said Mays had died in his sleep.

"It's not unusual for persons with heart disease to die this young," Adams said, adding that a formal report on the cause of death would be issued only after the results of toxicology tests were considered.

Archived