FOXNEWS reports 3 shot at Holocaust Museum

NavyDave

News Channel 8 locally and WTTG fox5 are updating the story

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/061009_2_shot_inside_dc_holocaust_museum

2 Shot Inside DC

Holocaust Museum

Updated: Wednesday, 10 Jun 2009, 1:30 PM EDT

Published : Wednesday, 10 Jun 2009, 1:07 PM EDT

WASHINGTON - Authorities say at least two people have been shot at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington.

D.C. police spokeswoman Traci Hughes says a person walked into the museum with a rifle and shot a guard. Hughes says the shooter was also shot.

Hughes says the victims' conditions were not known. Both were being rushed to a hospital.

U.S. Park Police gave slightly different information, saying three people had been shot.

From WTOP:

Guard, suspect shot at Holocaust Museum

June 10, 2009 - 1:27pm

WASHINGTON - A security guard at the National Holocaust Museum has been injured after a shooting Wednesday afternoon.

D.C. Police say a suspect walked into the museum, took out a weapon and fired at a security guard just before 1 p.m. Then two other security guards returned fire, striking the alleged shooter.

No word on the suspect or guard's condition at this time.

A third person was injured from flying glass.

The Holocaust Museum is located in Southwest D.C. at 15th Street and Independence Avenue.

More details to come.

Who the hell would shoot someone IN THE HOLOCAUST MUSEUM?!

:mad::mad::mad:

There's a likely answer to this question, but I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it's the reason that if it is what seems probable, only three being shot and one bein the shooter is a small blessing.

As for the evac, they are probably taking precautions for fear that this lunatic wasn't alone.

Massachusetts School children there on field trip have been evacuated and no casualties among them As well as Tourists from St Louis and Arizona.

The shooter apparently came in from the 14th Street entrance the main entrance.

It's the very least I can do. Gosh, it leaves me feeling so helpless knowing you guys are going through this.

It's just kinda odd because they keep sending internal messages. I thought they had everything under control... guess I was wrong.

Archived