Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Apple introduces new iPhone

Toe Jam

Awww Man! You all suck! ;)

Ah well. My original iPhone still rocks and they keep making it better with software so I'm really not that worried about getting the new one. Mine's still almost as good and it cost me $10 less a month without the 3G. I can usually access a wifi hot spot anyway so that's not really a big deal.

Glad to hear you got one Capt Rich. There is lots of great software on the iTunes store that will be useful to you. Start with the weather channel app.

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I got one, and it is ridiculously addictive. I get my emails faster and easier on the iPhone 3GS than on my 1-year old laptop. Safari works very nicely, and it is so intuitive that my mom got one and figured it out without help. Completely satisfied here.

When is Verizon getting the iphone? My firm have a deal with Verizon so I can get all their phones for free. I've been through 5 blackberry for the last year.

I believe they recently extended the exclusive agreement through 2010.

FYI. Apple first went to Verizon. However, Verizon was not cooperative with Apple and wouldn't allow them to develop the user interface as Apple wanted. Verizon wanted their typical control of that. Screw Verizon. I am plenty happy with my AT&T service.

When is Verizon getting the iphone? My firm have a deal with Verizon so I can get all their phones for free. I've been through 5 blackberry for the last year.

2011 at the earliest if AT&T doesn't renew exclusivity again.

Odds are good verizon member will never get it. The iPhone is designed for different networks then verizon uses. I believe its CDMA or something like that I read up on it at macrumors.com but forget the name.

Don't expect it to hit verizon anytime soon.

As for the 3gs I love it. Much better than my 1g I got on opening day. Love the added features and faster processor. Battery life is good enough as I am always by a computer or car charger.

Thats the only thing I think they could improve over time. Hopefully soon we will get the Tom Tom GPS app.

Odds are good verizon member will never get it. The iPhone is designed for different networks then verizon uses. I believe its CDMA or something like that I read up on it at macrumors.com but forget the name.

Don't expect it to hit verizon anytime soon.

Verizon chose LTE as its 4G standard. The same as AT&T and other GSM carriers throughout the world. Verizon should get the LTE version in 2011. a 100 megabit iPhone.

Archived