Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sally Jenkins Getting into it with Tony K and Wilbon (MET)

WizSkinsO's

I urge you to go to washingtonpost.com/sports and read the two columns currently up now in the Wilbon vs. Jenkins debate.

Wilbon owns her, plain and simple.

Excerpt:

So how many times does Phelps get to act irresponsibly before Sally and a whole lot of other folk hold his feet to the fire a bit?

Three times? Five? Sally suggests in her column yesterday that people are holding Phelps to superhuman ideals if they don't accept his apology.

No, we're not. You want to get blatantly practical about this? If Michael Phelps wants to get high, then he should do it in the privacy of his own home, far away from cellphone cameras. At the very least, these incidents represent serious lapses in judgment.

Then, Jenkins gets so defensive she even takes absurdly offensive potshots at Tony Kornheiser:

No, Michael Phelps didn't live up to an Olympian moral standard. But be careful, Mister Tony. I know what you did in college. Want to talk about that day the UC-Berkeley bell tower started waving in the air like a magic carpet? It's pretty funny to hear you doing a full Bill Bennett over the substances that saw you through your formative years.

Does anyone actually like Sally Jenkins?

She's an inflammatory little jerk who picks the wrong viewpoint on just about everything and tries to piss everyone off as much as humanly possible, it seems.

They both have some points but focus on trying to be cute in their presentation.

I can think of Sally busting on people for getting in hot water before so why the new compassion for Phelps?

And Wilbon has been quick to blow off drug charges for many pro players including Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp. So when did he get so maniacle for the law and order crowd?

Sally's right I think on this issue.

I don't know why y'all have this irrational hatred of her; it's like the mindless hatred the Stadium people have for La Canfora.

Both have good points, but she is taking meat shots and nobody likes her for real. The only reason she is still at the post is because nobody likes her. Eric Bischoff wrote a book called "Controversy Sells" I am pretty sure she co-authored it. And you can't tell me that the nonsense that JLC pulled with Blache and Taylor didn't make you feel a little funny about him.

What's wrong with what she said? She's pissing everyone off by saying what most people are saying about the Phelps situation?
She let Phelps off the hook due to his celebrity, while comparing him to other high level athletes who do unhealthy but legal extravagances to relax.

Then she proceeded to compare him to society in general. Essentially saying "everybody does it". Which may or may not be true, but either way is a lame reason for doing anything.

Show me any other 23 year old with a DUI and a drug offense under his belt and I'll show you trouble in the making. He has problems, and one of them is the attitude of people like Sally Jenkins.

I'm not into sports writing when it looks like something out of TMZ. Freaking out over a bong hit at a party? No thanks. You don't throw your people under the bus like Sally did, but if Wilbon and TK did some drugs when they were Phelps age they can enjoy a nice steaming cup of STFU as well.

Ill be honest I dont see too big of a problem with it.

Before you criticize me for something you need to make sure your closet is cleaned out and you have no skeletons that can come falling out.

How does kornholser talk trash on someone smoking weed when its obvious he has done drugs himself? He might as well attack his hair style too!!

You don't throw your people under the bus like Sally did, but if Wilbon and TK did some drugs when they were Phelps age they can enjoy a nice steaming cup of STFU as well.
Wilbon and Kornheiser are more on the "do it on the down low" train of thought. Just like 99.9% of smokers do not do it with the cameras around.

Archived