Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Phelps...weed?

Spaceman Spiff

Its hilarious how everyone gets their panties up in a bunch when their "Olympic Hero" admits to smoking weed. This proves beyond any doubt that you can smoke marijuana and compete at the highest levels of sport.

Michael Phelps FTW!

:ravensuck

After I found out it was him I said Eh it's just weed in my next post. You must have missed that.;)

Personally, if anyone wants to smoke weed that's on them. I'm not going to stand in their way. I just don't like it for me. Mainly because I don't like the smell. makes me nauseous.

Marijuana has great anit-nausea characteristics actually. That's why cancer patients smoke it.

This also explains how he was able to eat 12,000 calories a day. Remember this article?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/aug/14/michaelphelps.swimming1

edited for truth and humor

Breakfast

Phelps kick starts his day and his metabolism with two joints, three fried-egg sandwiches, but with a few customised additions: cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and, of course, mayonnaise.

Amuse-bouche out of the way, he throws back two cups of coffee and sits down to an omelette - containing five eggs - and a bowl of grits, a porridge of coarsely ground corn. He's not finished yet. Bring on the three slices of French toast, with powdered sugar on top to make sure there's no skimping on the calories. And to finish: three chocolate chip pancakes.

Lunch

With breakfast wearing off nothing helps a person eat a ****load of food like five bong hits, Phelps downs half a kilogram - ie a whole packet - of enriched pasta and two large ham and cheese sandwiches. On white bread with loads of mayo on top. To remove any chance that his body will run out of fuel, he washes this down with about 1,000 calories of energy drink.

Dinner

When it's time to load up on carbs for the next day's training, one needs to smoke a massive amount of weed (a quarter ounce to be exact). Another half kilo of enriched pasta goes down the hatch with a chaser of an entire pizza and another 1,000 calories of energy drinks. And so to bed. As Phelps told US television channel NBC yesterday: "Eat, sleep and swim, that's all I can do."

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9160136/Phelps-acknowledges-photo-of-him-smoking-pot

Phelps acknowledges photo of him smoking pot

by Tim Perone, New York Post

Updated: February 1, 2009, 2:11 PM EST

The competition isn't the only thing he's been smoking!

Olympic hero and 14-time gold medalist Michael Phelps has been caught cradling a glass bong — a scene so potentially damaging to his career that his representatives allegedly tried to buy off the British newspaper News Of The World in an attempt to kill the story, the paper reports.

The winner of a record eight gold medals last summer in Beijing was spotted knocking back shots and chugging beers at a house party at the University of South Carolina in Columbia on Nov. 6, when a partygoer handed him the water pipe etched with red writing.

"He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do," a witness said of the swimming superstar, who was in town visiting a gal pal and South Carolina coed.

"He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits."

In a statement released Sunday to The Associated Press, Phelps conceded the authenticity of the exclusive picture published Sunday by the News of the World.

Phelps said: "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

The report in the British tabloid allegedly made Phelps' handlers so paranoid that they offered the paper an eye-popping deal to keep it from seeing the light of day — having Phelps pen a column for the paper for three years.

His camp also allegedly offered to host parties for the tabloid and push his sponsors to advertise with them.

"It's seeing if something potentially very negative for Michael could turn into something very positive for the News of the World," his spokesman, Clifford Bloxham, told the paper.

The scandal could be a major buzz kill for Phelps, whose agent, Peter Carlisle, has said Phelps could bag up to $100 million in endorsements.

More from the New York Post

* Serby: Stopping 'Fitz' is tall task

* Vaccaro: Son on mind of Steelers DE

* Greenberg: Playoffs in Knicks' reach

* More from The New York Post

The world-record holder's deals with Visa, PowerBar, AT&T Wireless and Speedo may all be in jeopardy.

During the two-day stay, the normally reserved Phelps was spotted partying hard with a flock of females.

"He arrived with a group of girls hanging all over him. Every girl wanted a piece of him and every guy wanted to be his best buddy," the student told the paper.

"He couldn't get enough of all the attention."

This isn't the first scandal for the golden boy, who was arrested in 2004 for driving under the influence near his home in suburban Baltimore, when he was 19. He was sentenced to 18 months probation and fined $250.

Phelps' spokesman did not return repeated requests for comment.

it's him , at first i thought it didn't look like him either but after today's nap I went to yahoo and it said PHELPS ACKNOLWEDGES IMAGE so it's him all right

All I can say is how is this not being a good role model , go pot , it should be the other way around lol

I've heard more news on this then his DUI. What's rather unreal about this country is we look at someone smoking pot more hash then someone drinking and driving behind a vehicle.

I'm personally tired about hearing about Phelps, and seeing his goofy image across the TV on a weekly basis. With that being said the kid is doing what most 23 yr olds are doing on a Friday or Saturday. Including myself

14 Gold Medals. Who wouldn't be?

Smoke weed everyday.. you can be an Olympic Gold Medalist, too.

This makes me think of the old SNL skit with John Belushi and the chocolate donut breakfast of champions. Maybe they could make a modern day version with Phelps and weed. :laugh:

You people need to get your eyes checked.

Its hilarious how everyone gets their panties up in a bunch when their "Olympic Hero" admits to smoking weed. This proves beyond any doubt that you can smoke marijuana and compete at the highest levels of sport.

Michael Phelps FTW!

:ravensuck

maybe i need my eyes checked, but my panties were and are far from in a bunch about this.

i didn't think it was him, i still don't really see it, but i'm obviously wrong about that.

however, i expressed no outrage or anything, and i'm actually kind of glad it did turn out to be phelps. party on.

Eh, 23 year old kid, smoked weed. That's a shocker.

Who cares, more people get outraged by smoking week than people getting bagged for multiple DUI's. I find that amazing, go down to your local court house for day and watch the amount of people who come through with 2+ DUI's and not get a damn thing.

That is something to be outraged about, Phelps taking a binger is not even close.

Good letter there. What the **** is wrong with pot?

From letter

Here’s a crazy thought: If I can smoke a little dope and go on to win 14 Olympic gold medals, maybe pot smokers aren’t doomed to lives of couch surfing and video games, as our moronic government would have us believe. In fact, the list of successful pot smokers includes not just world class athletes like me, Howard, Williams, and others, it includes Nobel Prize winners, Pulitzer Prize winners, the last three U.S. presidents, several Supreme Court justices, and luminaries and success stories from all sectors of business and the arts, sciences, and humanities.

Look at those elitists who smoke pot...guess pot smokers aren't all guys who eat Cheetos and sit on the couch , eh

So let me get this straight... the greatest Olympian of all time smokes pot. The Super Bowl MVP smokes pot.

Wow.. and here I thought the stuff was supposed to be bad for you.

~Bang

Again, they can get away with it because of who they are and what they do. And of course, lets be realistic here, they're not high when they're out there competing. Let some average joe get a drug conviction and then try to find a job.

I respect the kid for owning up to it instead of doing what a lot of people would have done and denying it.

I actually think more of him for admitting it and apologizing as crazy as that sounds. He's a 23-year old who became a celebrity somewhat quickly...he's going to enjoy his time in the sun and make some mistakes (as a role-model).

To echo some of what's already been said:

To me, the DUI thing is a far worse crime than smoking marajuana, and should have received the coverage this is getting instead. This kid may be a phenom, but he's not showing a pattern of making good choices here.

Now regarding the marajuana. I've never smoked it, never wanted to, and didn't want to get caught with it and kicked off my sports teams, etc., etc. One of my friends got thrown out of high school for issues related to it.

While I won't specifically condemn anyone for the choice they make regarding the drug, there's one point to keep in mind. It's illegal. You may not like that fact, but it's a fact and a law of this society.

So smoke up, do what you want. All I ask is that if you ever do get busted for it, have to perform community service, or even take a little jail time because you have enough on you to get hit with "intent to distribute"...well, please don't come crying on this board about it, because I'm not going to feel a bit of sympathy for you. And as was already said, good luck keeping or finding a good job if you get hit with a drug charge; maybe you'll get lucky and pull it off. Your choice to make.

Regarding Phelps, my question is, while he was in the middle of his training routine leading up to the Olympics, swimming hard day after day, was he smoking then? There's a real difference between doing it in the swimming offseason and doing it in the middle of competition. I'd be interested to know whether he abstained during that time.

Archived