Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Phelps...weed?

Spaceman Spiff

agreed. Then maybe those stupid above the influence commercials would end.

Or maybe the folks who are killing their lungs at a much faster rate than cigarette smokers will stop eating cheetos long enough to see that smoking weed really isn't good for them.

Or, they will just continue to post silly gif's in their replys.

Or maybe the folks who are killing their lungs at a much faster rate than cigarette smokers will stop eating cheetos long enough to see that smoking weed really isn't good for them.

lol if Phelps does in fact smoke pot, then it's hard to make the lungs argument. That dude has to have a good set of lungs on him to do his amazing distance swimming.

lol if Phelps does in fact smoke pot, then it's hard to make the lungs argument. That dude has to have a good set of lungs on him to do his amazing distance swimming.

Smoking anything isn't good for your lungs.

I'm no expert, but I'm sure Phelps could rip a binger here or there and not feel the effects in his lungs while he's swimming.

I'm no expert, but I'm sure Phelps could rip a binger here or there and not feel the effects in his lungs while he's swimming.

I was kidding, I know smoking is bad for you lungs. But as long as you're not a regular smoker, it shouldn't make a noticeable difference when you're engaged in athletics.

lol so you're one of those guys who thinks weed is worse than cigarettes.

Holy cow. That is pathetic. Care to show me any proof of any body in history, that has died from smoking weed?

I'll show you hundreds of thousands that have died from cigarettes.

But weed???? Not so much. Not a single person has died as a direct result of smoking weed. You get a little munchy (sometimes), relaxed, and more "in tune" with yourself when you smoke weed. Why do you think it has so many medical benefits?

Do doctors use cigarettes for medical benefits to patients? HELL NO.

If anything cigarettes should be illegal and weed should be legal. Not vice versa.

I could care less if he smokes weed. Anyone that's looked into it can see that it's illegal status is absurd. I talk to a guy at work all the time that worked with drug abusers while a police officer. He knows every statistic and has seen the reality first hand. He laughs and shakes his head at the fact that weed is illegal. He is very much against pretty much every other drug though.

Holy cow. That is pathetic. Care to show me any proof of any body in history, that has died from smoking weed?

I'll show you hundreds of thousands that have died from cigarettes.

But weed???? Not so much. Not a single person has died as a direct result of smoking weed. You get a little munchy (sometimes), relaxed, and more "in tune" with yourself when you smoke weed. Why do you think it has so many medical benefits?

Do doctors use cigarettes for medical benefits to patients? HELL NO.

If anything cigarettes should be illegal and weed should be legal. Not vice versa.

Easy.

It can happen.

Smoking ANYTHING can kill you.

Inhaling really hot air into your lungs is terrible for you, and it CAN give you cancer.

Now, I'm not anti-weed, but claiming that weed cannot kill you is just wrong.

Man i dont know about some of you, but i can go for hours during intercourse, and i wont lie i smoke alot hahaha

I don't think that's Michael Phelps. And if it was Michael Phelps, I still wouldn't give a crap; at least he can pay his own health insurance and the rising premiums he'd face for that type of "health risk" behavior. If people want to smoke weed or cigarettes, fine with me...as long as they have the monetary funds to bear the full burden of their effects and not be a burden on the state. Unfortunately , that is not the case most of the time.

No, I think he was saying he's one of those guys who thinks smoking weed, or anything else for that matter, is not beneficial to one's long-term health. And he would be correct.

This is such a dumb and overused argument...the fact that people still use it as rationale for smoking weed is what's pathetic.
This is such a dumb and overused argument...the fact that people still use it as rationale for smoking weed is what's pathetic.
It's a fine rationale for wanting to make marijuana legal; alcohol and tobacco are (correctly, IMO), and they've killed MANY more people than weed.

Really, not much of a story to me. Even if it is Phelps, and that's a matter for debate, it's not an issue.

First off, let's assume it is him and why it's still not an issue.

The photo was supposedly taken November 6th. After the Olympics and a down time for the swimmer. A time he could relax for a few weeks before going back to training. All pro athletes have a down time window in the year, November happens to be Phelps. He's a young man, and when I was that age, prone to partake of party favors. How many of you out there can say that you have not danced with Mary Jane?

I don't believe he's habitual in his usage if he does. The lung capacity his sport requires would preclude habitual usage. Not to mention the drug tests athletes must undergo screens for THC.

My personal opinion on "weed" is that the costs associated with the current legal situation has not worked. I do feel that as a natural and renewable resource, it's usage should be further explored.

Tobacco is dangerous, and is legal. It's taxed and regulated. Alcohol is dangerous as well. Yet it's also taxed and regulated. Now I am not proposing legalization, but I don't see marijuana as being any more hazardous than tobacco or alcohol. Yet both of these products are available to consumers that can provide proof they are of eligible age, and can pay for both the product and associated federal and state taxes.

Marijuana can also be used in the paper and textile industries. While I am not an expert, I think you can renew an acre of hemp faster than an acre of forest. Hemp's usage in sisal rope products as well as clothing has a long history and is still in use today. I personally think these technologies should be further explored.

But back to Phelps.. No big deal if it is him. And that remains to be seen.

Doesn't look like him to me. Definitely not conclusive. I don't really care, but if its true he's an idiot. He has 4 more years to be a pro. Then his career is probably over and he's 30 and a multi-millionaire. He's got decades to kick back and party and enjoy the good life. So if you're a competitor, why risk the suspension that carries through the next olympics?

Archived