Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Movies Have Made Your Eyes Well Up?...

What you rather see happen to the Skins in the future?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What you rather see happen to the Skins in the future?

• One Year Wonder Super Bowl Champion?
    • Consistent Deep Playoff runs?

Star Wars: the Phantom Menace... ten minutes in I realized what a mistake I had made.. kind of like the suicide that steps off the ledge, and inevitably changes his mind on the way down. I grieved for my lost three hours for several days.

~Bang

Bambi (when the mom dies), The Land Before Time (when the mom dies), and The Neverending Story (when the kid's horse gets sucked into the swamp), all sent me over the edge when I was little. My mom probably should have sought counseling for me,lol

I don't really cry much in movies anymore, maybe occasionally if they are based on a true story...these days I honestly mainly cry when I watch certain stories unfold on the news.

Star Wars: the Phantom Menace... ten minutes in I realized what a mistake I had made.. kind of like the suicide that steps off the ledge, and inevitably changes his mind on the way down. I grieved for my lost three hours for several days.

~Bang

All 3 of the most recently released Star Wars episodes made me bawl like a newborn because I couldn't believe a great man like George Lucas could be duped into casting Hayden Christensen. Any (slim) chance those movies had of being good were demolished by that teenage simpleton.

• 3 months later...
I think I already posted in this thread, but in case I didn't already say it: Rudy.

And it's not even just at the end when they start chanting his name. It's at several random parts throughout the movie that I start crying.

heard you were a VCU fan so it pains me so to agree with you here but yes totally. I mentioned this in another thread about dudes crying. Like you said, there's a bunch of parts in this movie that make me swell up.... when he get his jersey in the locker room, when his dad finally gets to attend a game and says "this is the most beautiful sight these eyes have ever seen" or something like that, when Rudy gets to lead the team out of the tunnel, when the team is dropping their jerseys on coach's desk for him to dress in their place, the chant, and the play. like i said before, i feel like a total girl when i watch that movie.

Crash. When the little girl jumps in to her fathers arms to protect him from being shot. OMG I completely lost it right there. I cried like a little girl for the rest of the day. I never watched it again. I well up just thinking about it. I always think of my little sister and how I couldn't stand losing her.

damn good one... forgot about that scene. my wife and kids were out of town and i paused the movie to call them right after.

Band of Brothers. Not exactly a movie, but I'll be damned if its excluded because it was done the right way as a mini-series. The most emotionally charged moment in that, in my opinion, was when they came across the death-camp with all the starved Jews.

Deep Impact - when the families of the astronauts come to say goodbye. And then the blind guy says goodbye to his little baby.

i saw this pretty soon after my son was born and it killed me.

also, the sceen from my life with michael keaton when the dad was shaving keaton as he was dying.

something about father/son moments...

Archived