Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Movies Have Made Your Eyes Well Up?...

What you rather see happen to the Skins in the future?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What you rather see happen to the Skins in the future?

• One Year Wonder Super Bowl Champion?
    • Consistent Deep Playoff runs?

I cry like a girl with a skinned knee watching The Green Mile.

Deep Impact - when the parents give their baby to their daughter and she takes off on the dirt bike. Also when the families of the astronauts come to say goodbye. And then the blind guy says goodbye to his little baby.

Band of Brothers - especially when the real Maj. Winters says he wasn't a hero but served in a company of them.

Ghost Dad (Don't laugh, I was a little kid, my dad and I were very close and I thought about how I would feel if he died.)

Catch Me If You Can, when Leonardo DiCaprio's dad died...apparently I have a soft spot for dads dying in movies, ironically enough I got home from the movie and my dad was having a heart attack.

The Pursuit of Happyness - I was happy for the guy at the end.

Rudy +1

And sounds funny, but the end of Necessary Roughness always gets me. When Blake (the QB) was getting smashed all game and had one more chance to win, his center Manu Manu comes up and says "Mr. Blake, he will never touch you". Gets me everytime!

With Honors. The end when Frazier ("Harvard") is reading Pesci's obituary.

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but those are some memoriable ones for me.

Ghost Dad (Don't laugh, I was a little kid, my dad and I were very close and I thought about how I would feel if he died.)

Hey I understand where you are coming from and I know I'm going to catch a lot of junk for the one movie that makes my eyes well up....but the one that does it for me (recently)...Speed Racer.

That is because my older brother died unexpectedly and watching the way Speed hero-worshiped his older brother (to me my brother was Superman & Capt. Kirk rolled into one person), the pain that the family felt when he "died", and watching them at the funneral...let's just say I can relate in every way.

Field of Dreams

Saw it with my wife. At the end she turned around and said something to the effect of "well that was a nice film, that kid was so cute...hey are you crying?"

Me, " sniff no just salt from the popcorn sniff wheez.

Her, " You are. You are actually crying"

Me, "He was playing catch with his DAD!!!"

Sort of embaressing really.

Field of Dreams

Saw it with my wife. At the end she turned around and said something to the effect of "well that was a nice film, that kid was so cute...hey are you crying?"

Me, " sniff no just salt from the popcorn sniff wheez.

Her, " You are. You are actually crying"

Me, "He was playing catch with his DAD!!!"

Sort of embaressing really.

Ditto.

The Bucket list about had me in tears. But such a good movie.

I completely forgot to include the Bucket List....yes that one got me. Great film.

Cast Away - When Wilson floated away it got me choked up. Then the music started up, etc....man :cry:

What Dreams May Come- with Robin Williams. Another sad one.

Archived