Workout Thread II

PleaseBlitz

Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating

• I'm from DC and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from DC and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens. I may even LIKE the Ravens.
    • I'm from VA and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from VA and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I am ok with the Ravens

Shoulders and Arms + Ab RipperX today.

I can't wait to begin Phase II next week!

I have Shoulders and Arms + Ab Ripper today and will be starting Phase II next week also. We must have started about the same time. I started on Tues the 6th and I'm on my 3rd week. I'm a little disappointed my "recovery" week is coming up, but I'm ready to start Phase II also.

I've already noticed improvements. In the start of week 2 I could only do 109 push ups for the chest and back and 1 week later for week 3 I crushed out 139. My goal is 200.

I have a question about P90X...

I kind of want to try it since those damn infomercials are so mesmerizing. The main problem is I don't have much space in my apartment. When you people use this at home, how much space are you working out in? I have like a maybe 4' x 7' space in my living room that I could use, but I don't think I could be in there every night since I have a roommate who also uses the living room.

4' x 7' is plenty.

I usually work out in the living room downstairs, but when others are home I get distracted. I'll then do my workouts in the floor space of my room which might be 4' x 6' at most.

I have Shoulders and Arms + Ab Ripper today and will be starting Phase II next week also. We must have started about the same time. I started on Tues the 6th and I'm on my 3rd week. I'm a little disappointed my "recovery" week is coming up, but I'm ready to start Phase II also.

I've already noticed improvements. In the start of week 2 I could only do 109 push ups for the chest and back and 1 week later for week 3 I crushed out 139. My goal is 200.

I started a week earlier, but am adding some spice to my recovery week :)

I can't wait for Saturday to come - Phase II begins for me. It's fun watching the improvements in everything and even seeing people you haven't seen in a few weeks - you get a good double take out of them.

I kind of want to try it since those damn infomercials are so mesmerizing. The main problem is I don't have much space in my apartment. When you people use this at home, how much space are you working out in? I have like a maybe 4' x 7' space in my living room that I could use, but I don't think I could be in there every night since I have a roommate who also uses the living room.

That's pretty much all the space you need (you also need a chin up bar). I don't do P90X but I do a similar program based on the prison workout. When the weather gets nice, I can do them outside and I'd like to try a spartan run.

On youtube there's a couple of videos of some guy who looks like he was doing P90X in his bedroom or some other small room.

No, I am still doing the abs diet. Its not really a pain, you just have to wake up a little earlier in the morning to make everything and get it all together. I find it helps (and they suggest this in the book as well) to make everything in advance, and write out a "schedule" of your meals. This way you control when you eat and such, and you own it. It helps.

Cool. How many weeks have you been doing it, and what kind of results have you seen so far? Have you started making the smoothies yet? I need to buy everything for it this weekend. I think I'm going to have to map out the meals like you said. The thing is, my eating schedule is similar to what they lay out in the book anyway. I don't usually do the snack at night though, unless you count beer. :cheers:

DO YOUR BEST AND FORGET THE REST!

lol.

Thats awesome to see so many people doing the p90x.

My fiance and I started November 5th and made it up until the third week of phase II before the holidays got us all off track.

We started back Jan 5th and have modified it a little. I sub in a plyo for the yoga on thursdays and play pick up football on Sat. instead of the Kenpo.

Starting the doubles program for phase II also.

Can't wait to post pics after March.

Looks like I'll be doing some P90X research tonight when I get home. I guess if I work out in the AM I could take over the living room with no problem.

If I just find the videos online, is there also like a schedule somewhere? How do I know which videos to use and when???

I just did a video search on P90X and watched a couple of the vids. I think someone posted the schedule here but I don't know who.

P90 schedule and worksheets, I have them . .

If anybody wants it, I have a cool excel spreadsheet I found that tells you when to do what CD's. You punch in your start date, and it fills out the 90 days for you. It also has separate worksheets that you can record your progress. I also have some that you can print out. Just hit me up with a PM with your email and I'll send you everything I have.

I don't usually do the snack at night though, unless you count beer. :cheers:

If you're serious, you gotta cut back on the beer. I try to limit myself to one or two nights a week of drinking. But, its okay to have "a couple" beers once in awhile, but its really hard for me to have "a couple."

I hear you about the beer. I haven't had a beer in 2 weeks and it's killing me. I would normally have 1 or 2 a night then 4 or 5 on Sat. night.

I know it wouldn't kill me to have a beer or two on the weekend, but I just know that when I do finally have a beer, it's going to be more than I should, so I'm holding off as long as I can.

If you're serious, you gotta cut back on the beer. I try to limit myself to one or two nights a week of drinking. But, its okay to have "a couple" beers once in awhile, but its really hard for me to have "a couple."

No, when I start on Monday, I'm really going to try to cut drinking out at least for the first 6 weeks. The crappy thing is the Superbowl is the first Sunday of my first week, but I'll use that day to "cheat" as much as I can. It'll stick to vodka/soda though when I do drink.

I feel this way about the beer, or even chocolate....allow your self a lil bit of something. For example, I have one hershey's kiss in the morning w/ my coffee. It's only 40 calories, so no big deal.

I have 1-2 beers(or glass of wine) over the weekend...so to me, as long as you don't go overboard, no reason to "starve" yourself over the "extra's".

After last night, I've realized eating anything outside of what is good for my body just isn't worth it.

For the past 4 weeks I've eaten near-perfect. The only flaws in my diet have been the occasional beer, but everything else was set. I went out last night and had beer, wings, and ice cream and have been sick to my stomach since. I'm done with all the ****, it's just not worth it.

I'm doing good to be sitting up right now, so I'm going to go about 8 miles on the encumbent today and start phase II of P90x tomorrow.

Never again will I eat or drink ****.

No, when I start on Monday, I'm really going to try to cut drinking out at least for the first 6 weeks. The crappy thing is the Superbowl is the first Sunday of my first week, but I'll use that day to "cheat" as much as I can. It'll stick to vodka/soda though when I do drink.
I feel this way about the beer, or even chocolate....allow your self a lil bit of something. For example, I have one hershey's kiss in the morning w/ my coffee. It's only 40 calories, so no big deal.

I have 1-2 beers(or glass of wine) over the weekend...so to me, as long as you don't go overboard, no reason to "starve" yourself over the "extra's".

No, you don't have to cut it out completely...but its a good idea to cut way back. Its impossible to completely cut out drinking (I think), because you're always meeting up with friends, going on a date to dinner and drinks, or whatever. Its just not really feasible in the social life of 20 and 30-somethings (oh god, I'm getting close).

No, you don't have to cut it out completely...but its a good idea to cut way back. Its impossible to completely cut out drinking (I think), because you're always meeting up with friends, going on a date to dinner and drinks, or whatever. Its just not really feasible in the social life of 20 and 30-somethings (oh god, I'm getting close).

you are dead on here bro...if you try to cut everything "bad" out this will just end up feeling like a chore, you will end up resenting it and failing. it is called moderation. i suck at it, but if you can accomplish it then you are golden.

After last night, I've realized eating anything outside of what is good for my body just isn't worth it.

For the past 4 weeks I've eaten near-perfect. The only flaws in my diet have been the occasional beer, but everything else was set. I went out last night and had beer, wings, and ice cream and have been sick to my stomach since. I'm done with all the ****, it's just not worth it.

I'm doing good to be sitting up right now, so I'm going to go about 8 miles on the encumbent today and start phase II of P90x tomorrow.

Never again will I eat or drink ****.

I've had times where I've eaten healthy for weeks at a time w/out eating any junk. The first time I ate junk I would feel like absolute ****. It just goes to show that your body does indeed adapt to changes.

On a side note. I have been feeling horrible for over a month. This morning I was reading cnn.com and clicked on the peanut butter salmonella outbreak. I saw one of the recall items being the Clif Bar Peanut Butter flavored protein bar. Guess what I had been eating? You guessed it. They're all gone and I am finally feeling better. I'm guessing there was a correlation.

What about hard alcohol? Does that have fewer calories than beer?

Archived