Workout Thread II

PleaseBlitz

Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating

• I'm from DC and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from DC and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens. I may even LIKE the Ravens.
    • I'm from VA and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from VA and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I am ok with the Ravens

Do any of you guys take anything for your joints? It seems that a lot of people who are lifting these days are taking supplements to protect their joints down the road.

Anyone know what's good and what's not as far as these products go?

personally man I take Mega Man multivitamin and that helps me with everything. I know a good Ibuprofen helps me when my joints ache but thats all I do.

personally man I take Mega Man multivitamin and that helps me with everything. I know a good Ibuprofen helps me when my joints ache but thats all I do.

I thought about getting the Mega Man the other day when I was at GNC but I didn't. I've heard about people using stuff though that's more of preventative care for your joints for long term health. I'll have to search bodbybuilding.com to see what the stuff actually is called.

today was chest...

I do chests on Wednesdays as well. Mondays is a bit of everything with spinning class at the end, Tuesdays is back and shoulders, Wednesday is Chest, Thursdays is Triceps and Fridays is biceps as well as spinning class. I get leg and abs in throuhout the week. Its funny I've been going everyday M-F with the gf since memorial day and if I miss a day or two I just don't feel right. I also take myoplex as a supplement for my breakfasta after every workout

I thought about getting the Mega Man the other day when I was at GNC but I didn't. I've heard about people using stuff though that's more of preventative care for your joints for long term health. I'll have to search bodbybuilding.com to see what the stuff actually is called.

let me know if you find anything man. i could use something as well since im not the same youngster i once was.

If your problem is motivation, thats the point of this thread. Go do something, then post it. You'll feel good about it and want to do it again.

Option B: Get a real life person to work out with and you both keep each other motivated.

Most of my goals are not directly fitness related but fitness is a requirement to meet them (I mean, you got to be pretty fit to keep up with a 20 something girl when you are my age). Now, these are my goals some of which might not be important to you. Also, fitness is pretty much the only thing that you have full control of.

I started lifting my sophomore year in high school when I joined the track team. Since I've started college i kind of got out of it, but I'm going to start a new 12-week lifting program when I go back to school next week. It's the off-season lifting program that's used by the LSU football team. Looks like a pretty intense program and I can't wait to get started. I'll attach a zip file with the pdf of the workout. Check it out and tell me what you think.

I believe is it called Glucosamine, but you'll want to check and make sure.

Do any of you guys take anything for your joints? It seems that a lot of people who are lifting these days are taking supplements to protect their joints down the road.

I have arthritic knees. I take the basic glucosamine/chondroitin blend. I usually just go to Target and buy a huge bottle of their brand. You really don't realize what a difference it makes until you stop taking for a couple of weeks.

I have a really hard time waking up in the morning too. I HATE getting out of my warm bed but I find that on the days that I do get up and do something before work I feel extra great and have energy to spare.

That goes to one of my goals, drive people crazy because I'm full of energy!

I have a really hard time waking up in the morning too. I HATE getting out of my warm bed but I find that on the days that I do get up and do something before work I feel extra great and have energy to spare.

I used to hate getting out of bed early in the morning to work out (wait, nobody likes getting out of a warm bed in the morning but the ends justify the means. I strongly recommend getting up at early to get a workout in before hitting your job. I've done it for the past few weeks (you get used to it, trust me). What sucks the most is walking outside in the freezing cold and starting up your car. But after the workout, you do feel fantastic and refreshed, and ready to take on the day. I also do it because like mentioned earlier, the early evening crowd at my gym (xsports merrifield) is insane and I try to avoid it when possible.

I think the only way to do it is make sure you get to bed earlier and hop right out of bed when the alarm goes off. After some time, you won't consider it a huge problem.

(xsports merrifield) is insane and I try to avoid it when possible.

I think the only way to do it is make sure you get to bed earlier and hop right out of bed when the alarm goes off. After some time, you won't consider it a huge problem.

I am curious how many other ES'rs are at XSport Merrifield

I know PB was there for a while. The nice thing is there the showers are real nice, so getting an early morning workout there isn't bad

I used to hate getting out of bed early in the morning to work out (wait, nobody likes getting out of a warm bed in the morning but the ends justify the means. I strongly recommend getting up at early to get a workout in before hitting your job. I've done it for the past few weeks (you get used to it, trust me). What sucks the most is walking outside in the freezing cold and starting up your car. But after the workout, you do feel fantastic and refreshed, and ready to take on the day. I also do it because like mentioned earlier, the early evening crowd at my gym (xsports merrifield) is insane and I try to avoid it when possible.

When I was still in DC I worked right around the corner form WSC in Dupont and I'd take an hour and a half lunch and go hit the gym, shower off then get something to eat and by the time I got back to work, man I felt like a million bucks.

Working out during the day is the way to go.

I'll be putting in some time with "the perfect pushup". Dont hate.....the thing works....ive gotten some good results by using this thing hard every day, incorporating some situps, run a mile everyone other day. Then bang out a protein shake. My physiche (sp) is actually as good as ever.

This probably has been asked before, but is it better to lift after you eat dinner, or before?

Probably before, but don't lift on an empty stomach. Eat a small snack that's low in fat and has decent protein about an hour before you lift.

Make sure you drink some protein then eat dinner within an hour or so after you lift, your body will need the carbs and protein.

Today, i think im going to do a spinning class.

What is the deal with spinning classes? These used to be a violation of man-laws, but I've got a lot of guy friends doing them now. Are you doing spin classes with your gf?

Probably before, but don't lift on an empty stomach. Eat a small snack that's low in fat and has decent protein about an hour before you lift.

Make sure you drink some protein then eat dinner within an hour or so after you lift, your body will need the carbs and protein.

Actually, I've heard you should eat a small snack with lots of fats (good fats), as they give you energy. I usually will have a couple spoon fulls of peanut butter and maybe an apple before working out.

I am curious how many other ES'rs are at XSport Merrifield

I know PB was there for a while. The nice thing is there the showers are real nice, so getting an early morning workout there isn't bad

I am there everyday M-F i get there at 440 in the AM

So I heard on the radio this morning about this Doctor's new diet where you eat once an hour. Basically the idea is to ingest the normal 17-2000 calories you would eat in a day (or whatever your number is) in 15-17 snacks. I think this is kind of overkill, but I may give it a shot for a week or two. Seems like it would be a pain in the ass preparing all those snacks...

What is the deal with spinning classes? These used to be a violation of man-laws, but I've got a lot of guy friends doing them now. Are you doing spin classes with your gf?

LOL, its just cycling class. But you get pushed a lot A LOT harder in a group than I could ever do by myself. With 10 hot chicks in the room, shame is a powerful motivating factor to not dog it. :) I 45 minute class and i leave completely drenched in sweat. Im down about 8 lbs since i started doing it 3 months ago and i only do it once sometimes twice a week.

And no, Jenn doesnt workout.

LOL, its just cycling class. But you get pushed a lot A LOT harder in a group than I could ever do by myself. With 10 hot chicks in the room, shame is a powerful motivating factor to not dog it. :) I 45 minute class and i leave completely drenched in sweat. Im down about 8 lbs since i started doing it 3 months ago and i only do it once sometimes twice a week.

And no, Jenn doesnt workout.

Hmmm...if I ever join a gym, I think I'll look into one of these spin classes. :)

I don't do spin classes, but I wouldn't have anything against them. I'm in the "whatever works" camp now. I did a boxing class in my gym once, and that was the hardest workout I've ever done. I think it was because I was doing exercises that I didn't normally do and were outside of my comfort zone. I think doing something different keeps your body challenged and keeps you motivated.

I do spinning class with my gf but it has helped me a lot with my knee problems. I can't do many squats due to my knees. everytime I do squats my knees kill me the next day I still do them but spinning class has helped me out with getting my knees a little better than before. Don't knock it till you try it. Trust me you'll be sweating your ass off

Archived