Workout Thread II

PleaseBlitz

Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating

• I'm from DC and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from DC and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens. I may even LIKE the Ravens.
    • I'm from VA and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from VA and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I am ok with the Ravens

LOL, its just cycling class. But you get pushed a lot A LOT harder in a group than I could ever do by myself. With 10 hot chicks in the room, shame is a powerful motivating factor to not dog it. :) I 45 minute class and i leave completely drenched in sweat. Im down about 8 lbs since i started doing it 3 months ago and i only do it once sometimes twice a week.

And no, Jenn doesnt workout.

Shame IS powerful motivator. And you're right, those über-fit gym chicks sweating in their spandex are a nice motivator too.

But I do think that it's a little much for guys to wear the bike shorts. Even if it is spin class. You have to draw the line some where.

You know what always pumps me up? Anything I get angry about in the course of a day. And there's a ton. Except when it happens, I try to let it go, and I keep it bottled up inside until I get to the gym. Then I explode. Crank the headphones up for a set and just ****ing blast the weights like those sons of ****es were the ones responsible for my anger.

That's motivation.

You know what always pumps me up? Anything I get angry about in the course of a day. And there's a ton. Except when it happens, I try to let it go, and I keep it bottled up inside until I get to the gym. Then I explode. Crank the headphones up for a set and just ****ing blast the weights like those sons of ****es were the ones responsible for my anger.

That's motivation.

I think I need to channel my anger at Houston traffic towards the gym. That would be the best motivator ever. Drivers in Texas are the absolute WORST.

Shame IS powerful motivator. And you're right, those über-fit gym chicks sweating in their spandex are a nice motivator too.

But I do think that it's a little much for guys to wear the bike shorts. Even if it is spin class. You have to draw the line some where.

:rotflmao:

Yea, bike shorts are a big :nono:

Today I did triceps and shoulders and core....don't remember all the exercises I did, but I also did 10 minutes on the stairmaster and 30 mins on the elliptical for my cardio.

Saturday I did legs and core...again, a bunch of various exercises and various cardio

Another 5+ miles on the W&OD trail today in the snow. 122 miles in the last 30 days according to the site that logs my workouts.

Also doing strength training using body-weight exercises. I'm hungry.

I walked about 12 miles one day on the W and OD Trail.. My feet were killing me the next day could barely walk. I think it's because I had the wrong shoes. I've ridden my bike on the trail longer than that but it wasn't as bad as when I walked, this was all before I started hitting the gym every day. Maybe when it gets warmer I'll pull my bike out and go on the trail again, its a nice ride.

So far today:

- 3 egg white omelette for breakfast amd an almond bar (7:30am) with 2 glasses of water

- Protein bar as a snack (10:30am) with vegetable juice

Doing some schoolwork now, then Kenpo X :)

Rock it out :party:

I'm just staring my 3rd week of P90x tomorrow and I did the KenpoX for the 1st time this past Sunday. I train in martial arts and figured I really didn't need to do the Kenpo one since I do about 4 hours of class a week anyway. Well, I figured I would give it a shot just to see how it is.

I really like it, it's a good sweat for 40+ minutes.

The hardest part with the p90x in the 1st month of is the nutrition. I just found the nutrition guide online and the 1st month is pretty much no carbs. I've been keeping track of what I eat since the 1st of the year, and I seem to love me some carbs. I'm going to try my best to stick with a low carb for at least 2 weeks. Today is the 1st day I tried low carb and did pretty good.

Only 40g carbs and 176g of protein with no supplements. I did have a yogurt with 19g of carbs and I'm going to leave that out tomorrow so I should be able to get around 20g of carbs.

Anyone ever do Yoga?

My first Yoga class was Monday. Wow, that is a workout and you don't even realize it.

I've been doing 15 min Eliptical, then 10 min bike at the start of every workout. So far my knee is holding up perfectly.

I'm doing sort of a circuit deal now, one day upper body, next day legs. Then 2 sets of 40 ab curls w/ the 8 lb ball (that my workout partner throws at me!).

I'm not a big fan of circuit weights, but sticking w/ that for now til I feel more comfortble w/ my knee stability. I do some free weights for my upper body though.

Taking tonight off and Yoga again tomorrow night.

Anyone ever do Yoga?

My first Yoga class was Monday. Wow, that is a workout and you don't even realize it.

I've been doing 15 min Eliptical, then 10 min bike at the start of every workout. So far my knee is holding up perfectly.

I'm doing sort of a circuit deal now, one day upper body, next day legs. Then 2 sets of 40 ab curls w/ the 8 lb ball (that my workout partner throws at me!).

I'm not a big fan of circuit weights, but sticking w/ that for now til I feel more comfortble w/ my knee stability. I do some free weights for my upper body though.

Taking tonight off and Yoga again tomorrow night.

Ive been doing Yoga for about 2 years now. I started doing it to help rehab/strengthen/strech my bad back. Now, I do it as a rest day. Like, if i go Monday through Wednesday lifting hard, i do a day of yoga, then get back to the weights so im less sore. The first few times i did yoga, i would wake up the next day and all of my muscles felt like there was a mild electic current flowing through them. I love it. Plus my instructor is a major major MILF.

Speaking of my bad back, i spent 3 hours last night in the ER, i threw my back out again, bad. :mad: Needless to say, after a solid 3 months of MAJOR gains in the gym, i wont be posting in this thread much for awhile.

Ive been doing Yoga for about 2 years now. I started doing it to help rehab/strengthen/strech my bad back. Now, I do it as a rest day. Like, if i go Monday through Wednesday lifting hard, i do a day of yoga, then get back to the weights so im less sore. The first few times i did yoga, i would wake up the next day and all of my muscles felt like there was a mild electic current flowing through them. I love it. Plus my instructor is a major major MILF.

Speaking of my bad back, i spent 3 hours last night in the ER, i threw my back out again, bad. :mad: Needless to say, after a solid 3 months of MAJOR gains in the gym, i wont be posting in this thread much for awhile.

Damn dude that sucks. I had a car accident two years ago (drunk guy rear ended me) and I did not go to the gym for a long time due to the lower back pain I had. I am fine now but now it's my knee. I am scared of not being able to go to the gym after going non stop for about 8 months all because of my right knee. As of lately it has been bugging me more and more. I think it all started after I started doing squats. my knee doesnt hurt when walking, but when I am getting up from a chair it bugs me. I can actually move my knee cap around a bit and I don't think thats a good sign. I am currently trying to work in strengthening my quads hopefully the pain will go away. Anyways good luck man

Damn dude that sucks. I had a car accident two years ago (drunk guy rear ended me) and I did not go to the gym for a long time due to the lower back pain I had. I am fine now but now it's my knee. I am scared of not being able to go to the gym after going non stop for about 8 months all because of my right knee. As of lately it has been bugging me more and more. I think it all started after I started doing squats. my knee doesnt hurt when walking, but when I am getting up from a chair it bugs me. I can actually move my knee cap around a bit and I don't think thats a good sign. I am currently trying to work in strengthening my quads hopefully the pain will go away. Anyways good luck man

My back problems stem from a car wreck as well. My advice to you is to see a physical therapist. They are miracle workers.

That sucks dude.

I just joined 24 hour fitness in Houston, and got some personal training sessions. I was going to go kettlebell, but I need to gain some core strength before I start on kettlebell. Started working with one, and threw my back out a week later. Not as bad as you apparently...get better dude!

Oh, and I've lost 6 pounds since the beginning of the year...pretty psyched about that. On pace to hit my 40 pound June goal.

That sucks dude.

I just joined 24 hour fitness in Houston, and got some personal training sessions. I was going to go kettlebell, but I need to gain some core strength before I start on kettlebell. Started working with one, and threw my back out a week later. Not as bad as you apparently...get better dude!

Oh, and I've lost 6 pounds since the beginning of the year...pretty psyched about that. On pace to hit my 40 pound June goal.

Thanks J, and keep up the good work in the gym.

PB, I know the feeling. Out of the gym for about 8 months due to knee surgery...gained 18 lbs and lost most muscle in my left leg. It feels so great to work out again, and I can already can tell the weightloss/muscle gain. Keep your head up!~

That sucks dude.

So did you quit the abs diet? I read the book and am going to start on it Monday. Is it a pain to manage all of the meals?

I have a question about P90X...

I kind of want to try it since those damn infomercials are so mesmerizing. The main problem is I don't have much space in my apartment. When you people use this at home, how much space are you working out in? I have like a maybe 4' x 7' space in my living room that I could use, but I don't think I could be in there every night since I have a roommate who also uses the living room.

So did you quit the abs diet? I read the book and am going to start on it Monday. Is it a pain to manage all of the meals?

No, I am still doing the abs diet. Its not really a pain, you just have to wake up a little earlier in the morning to make everything and get it all together. I find it helps (and they suggest this in the book as well) to make everything in advance, and write out a "schedule" of your meals. This way you control when you eat and such, and you own it. It helps.

I have a question about P90X...

I kind of want to try it since those damn infomercials are so mesmerizing. The main problem is I don't have much space in my apartment. When you people use this at home, how much space are you working out in? I have like a maybe 4' x 7' space in my living room that I could use, but I don't think I could be in there every night since I have a roommate who also uses the living room.

I had about a 8' by 8' space between my couch and tv, and i had to hang my pull up bar down the hall, away from the tv.

My buddy actually loaded it up onto his Ipod that plays video and did it at the gym or at the park by his house.. Just something to think about.

Archived