Workout Thread II

PleaseBlitz

Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating

• I'm from DC and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from DC and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens. I may even LIKE the Ravens.
    • I'm from VA and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from VA and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I am ok with the Ravens

Wow sounds good. Only thing that I wouldnt like is the 6 meals a day thing. How does that work for you? Walk me through a day of normal meals....

Typical day for me is:

breakfast - packet of instant oatmeal (plain) with black and blueberries with a glass of 1% milk for breakfast (breaking into skim slowly)

midmorning snack - apple, ~15 raw almonds, string cheese

lunch - turkey sandwich with provologne cheese, spinach and tomato on 100% whole-wheat bread.

afternoon snack - greek yogurt with black and blue berries, maybe some more almonds.

dinner - two chicken breast tenderloins, sauteed spinach, and broccoli or asparagus.

I'm going to start doing the smoothies soon, but I'm trying to get in a rhythm before I get too complicated.

Typical day for me is:

breakfast - packet of instant oatmeal (plain) with black and blueberries with a glass of 1% milk for breakfast (breaking into skim slowly)

midmorning snack - apple, ~15 raw almonds, string cheese

lunch - turkey sandwich with provologne cheese, spinach and tomato on 100% whole-wheat bread.

afternoon snack - greek yogurt with black and blue berries, maybe some more almonds.

dinner - two chicken breast tenderloins, sauteed spinach, and broccoli or asparagus.

I'm going to start doing the smoothies soon, but I'm trying to get in a rhythm before I get too complicated.

Excellent. Thanks man.......

Yesterday I:

*warmed up on the elliptical for 10 minutes

*did interval squats on the squat machine (Mondays are WaaaaaaY too crowded at the gym to even try and go NEAR the free weights)

-3 sets of 12 reps

-3 sets of 12 leg lifts on the slanted ab bench

-hamstring curls (both legs)

-3 sets of 12

-hamstring curls (one leg at a time)

-3 sets of 12

-5 minutes of running stairs

-15 minutes on the treadmill

Not the toughest workout, but I was tired

walk my dogs in the a.m. for about 20-25 minutes a day.

that's it.

I'm a slob.

I use to love to run, in fact, couldn't go more then a few days without running and/or lifting.

Getting married sure didn't help. Also didn't help that I married a women who weighed 120 lbls at 18 years old, and now weighs a whopping 123 lbs at 33. SHE CAN EAT ANYTHING AND NOT GAIN A POUND. Knows nothing abuot nutrition, and AND NEVER WORKS OUT.

Too tired in the a.m. to workout, and not motivated to do it when I get home. any tips/advice ... BESIDES THE "JUST DO IT" BS ...LOL

On Mondays and Fridays, I do 4 circuits of the following:

10 wgt. burpees with row action

10 normal burpees

25 pushups

25 bench dips

150 jumping jacks

1 minute right plank

1 minute left plank

1 minute plank

150 jumping jacks

then

10 minute stairs

5-10 minutes of stretching

On Wednesdays, I do the following:

20 wgt. jump squats

25 pushups

10 pike presses

15 parallel dips

150 jumping jacks

25 crunches

25 bicycle crunches

25 reverse crunches

150 Jumping jacks

then

10 minute stairs

5-10 minutes of stretching

Today I did upper body.

10 reps of 115 warmup

10 reps of 125

8 reps of 135

6 reps of 145

4 reps of 155

2 reps 160

1 rep 165

Then went to 1 set of

10 reps dumbbell press with 20lbs

10 reps military press with 20 lb dumbbell

10 reps butterfly with 20lb

5 rep bicep curl with 20lb

5 rep tricep curl with 20lb

21s with a 35lb bar

tricep pullovers with 25lb bar

threw a 10 lb medicine ball back and forth

then did abs for a little bit.

I'll start keeping a journal of what I do.

I'm not one of those resolutionaries, but I just got approval to get back into the gym. Thank god cause I put on 18 lbs since my knee surgery in May. I feel like a fat pig...Good thing is that I know I can lose it pretty quickly. My routine is so different now, at least for the lower body.

I started a different gym this time, so people probably think I'm "one of those".

Normal routine is cardio 25-30 min. I used to run on the treadmill the whole time, or maybe bike the last 10 min. Now I have to use the eliptical. So I do that for 15 and bike for 10. I can't go too fast yet, but using a good amount of resistence to help build back my leg muscle.

I always do abs throughout my workout. My fav is the decline w/ an 8 lb ball.

Last night was my 3rd time back in the gym since surgery. Quad lifts were pretty funny, considering I couldn't do them w/ any weight. I must look like a tard to those who don't realize my situation, but FTW...

Leg press, oh about 40 lbs...If I remember correctly, I would normally do those at over 100 lbs.

I tried to workout my hammy, but that **** hurt! I'll have to figure out something to strengthen that other than the machine. I can't do squats yet, at least not w/ any weight.

After my workout, sauna for 20 min. I LOVE the sauna. Not a big fan of steam rooms though.

This is the worst time of year for lifting, as my gym is full of fat people for the next 2 or 3 weeks. I call these people the New Years Resolutionaries. Every January, millions of people arbitrarily resolve to "get into shape" and invade the gym. My normally not-crowded gym is like :censored: Union Station every day now from 5:30 to 7:00. It sucks. Most of them just stand around in my way trying to either A. figure out what the **** they are doing, B. try and look like they are working, but really just dogging it, or C. looking at themselves in the mirror.

Lol, very true. My pet peeve is the dipwads (half the time it's not the newbies, but a group of steroid-using dudes who don't feel it necessary to do anything but chest and biceps) standing under the Smith Machine doing curls with dumbbells from the nearby weight rack while looking at themselves in the mirror. Hello morons, if you want to do bicep curls get the hell out from under the smith machine and let people who actually want to work their legs use it. Whatever, I usually just bust my way in there and tell them that I actually need to use the machine

I do full body circuits 2 days a week with low-impact cardio the other days (like elliptical or stair climber or bike).

Last night I did basic weightlifting exercises, 3 sets of the following:

hack squats

cable tricep extensions

deadlifts w/barbell and a bicep curl on the top half of the movement

bench dumbell chest press

alternate dumbbell rows

Dumbbell should press

reverse crunches

roman chair leg lifts

P90X worked great for me, I got it for free :paranoid: and everything ive ever seen in Mens Health has been completely worthless.

I just started my 2nd week of P90X and it's pretty awesome. I got it free too, you just have to know where to look. I'm watching what I eat and in the 1st week I dropped 2lbs and 1/2" from my waist. I normally ignore info commercials since they try to sell you the quick fix, but the guy on P90x tells you straight up it's going to be a b@tch.

My martial arts instructor has been doing it for about 2 -3 months now and he loves it.

I'm not in too bad of shape since I train 4-5 hours a week in martial arts, but I wanted something to help drop a little weight and get in better shape. I'll be taking my black belt test in 2 months and I'm sure I'll need to be able to do 200+ push-ups through out the test.

My In-laws are also having a biggest loser competition between them so I though I would join in for the heck of it. I only really need to drop 5 - 10 pounds, but it will give my wife some motivation. She has gotten lazy since our 1st baby showed up 19 months ago and I sure as hell won't ever tell her she needs to lose weight.

today was chest...

incline bench

set of 15 with 35 lb on each side

set of 10 with 45 lb on each side

set of 10 with 45 and 10 on each side

flat bench

set of 15 with 35 on each side

set of 10 with 45 on each side

set of 10 with 45 and 25 on each side

decline bench

set of 15 with 35 on each side

2 sets of 10 with 45 on each side

decline bench dumbells

1 set of 12 with 35 lb dumbells

1 set of 10 with 50 lb dumbells

1 set of 10 with 55 lb dumbells

pulley machine

3 sets of 10 with 35 on each decline

3 sets of 10 with 40 on each straight out

3 sets of 10 with 50 on each inclined

fly machine

1 set of 10 with 180 lbs

1 set of 10 with 205 lbs

1 set of 10 with 220 lbs

5 minute warm up on the treadmill

20 minutes of multiple ab workout

15 minutes of running on the treadmill

I just started my 2nd week of P90X and it's pretty awesome. I got it free too, you just have to know where to look. I'm watching what I eat and in the 1st week I dropped 2lbs and 1/2" from my waist. I normally ignore info commercials since they try to sell you the quick fix, but the guy on P90x tells you straight up it's going to be a b@tch.

My martial arts instructor has been doing it for about 2 -3 months now and he loves it.

I'm not in too bad of shape since I train 4-5 hours a week in martial arts, but I wanted something to help drop a little weight and get in better shape. I'll be taking my black belt test in 2 months and I'm sure I'll need to be able to do 200+ push-ups through out the test.

My In-laws are also having a biggest loser competition between them so I though I would join in for the heck of it. I only really need to drop 5 - 10 pounds, but it will give my wife some motivation. She has gotten lazy since our 1st baby showed up 19 months ago and I sure as hell won't ever tell her she needs to lose weight.

PSA time about early strokes in women: keeping fit is important especially after having a baby. My sister had one at just 42 and I've come to know of several other women who were younger (and we're talking about situations were the stroke was the primary medical issue). One major cause is over-weight and over-stressed women. Good thing your in-laws are doing something that may help without you just getting couched.

I've been doing p90x consistently for months.

downloaded a burned a copy:paranoid: and have been hooked on it ever since. Probably took me a month of hard work just to be able to finish one of the workouts, but I love it and so does my wife;).

I've been doing p90x consistently for months.

downloaded a burned a copy:paranoid: and have been hooked on it ever since. Probably took me a month of hard work just to be able to finish one of the workouts, but I love it and so does my wife;).

I hear that, I'll be happy when I can finish one of the work outs!

what does the p90x concentrate on?

is there a site for it?

Pretty much everything...it has specific workouts for body parts (Chest and Back, Arm and Shoulder) but also has cardio workouts like plyo (jumping) and kenpo. You don't need too much in the way of equipment either.

whats a burpee?

You ever seen Full Metal Jacket. The scene where Private Pyle is sitting on a table and sucking his thumb while the other marines are going up and down while saying "one, two, three, four, I love Marine Corp." Those are burpees.

Edit* They might be saying "one, two, three, twenty-one, one two three, twenty two" I could be getting my scenes confused. The first cadence may have been when they were doing pushups. Pyle ****ed up so many times I have trouble keeping it straight. He earned that soap party.

Pretty much everything...it has specific workouts for body parts (Chest and Back, Arm and Shoulder) but also has cardio workouts like plyo (jumping) and kenpo. You don't need too much in the way of equipment either.

is it more of a core exercise too?

it sounds interesting and I am going to read up on it more...:cheers:

You ever seen Full Metal Jacket. The scene where Private Pyle is sitting on a table and sucking his thumb while the other marines are going up and down while saying "one, two, three, four, I love Marine Corp." Those are burpees.

no ****?

I have always heard those just called "up downs". thats too funny though.

Too tired in the a.m. to workout, and not motivated to do it when I get home. any tips/advice ... BESIDES THE "JUST DO IT" BS ...LOL

If your problem is motivation, thats the point of this thread. Go do something, then post it. You'll feel good about it and want to do it again.

Option B: Get a real life person to work out with and you both keep each other motivated.

We just got a sweet new elliptical machine at work. I used it for 20 minutes last night. This morning is a plyometric workout. A circuit of medicine ball pushups and crunches and plyo jumps. I'll probably get on the elliptical for another 20-30 minutes at work.

is it more of a core exercise too?

it sounds interesting and I am going to read up on it more...:cheers:

BigMike...it has a lot of core exercises in it.

If you find you are interested upon reading more, the ninja is below.

The DVDs are all over torrent sites....Mininova.org is great. If you need help, let me know.

Archived