Workout Thread II

PleaseBlitz

Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Geographic Breakdown of Ravens Hating

• I'm from DC and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from DC and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from MD and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens. I may even LIKE the Ravens.
    • I'm from VA and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm from VA and I'm (kinda) cool with the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I hate the Ravens
    • I'm a Skins fan with no ties to the area and I am ok with the Ravens

seriously? dude that made national news.

Mike ain't lying, I remember reading about this too. Some of the guys were egging him on to kill himself, thinking he was screwing around. They were watching on his webcam, as I recall. They discovered it was real when the police burst into the room on the webcam.

Hey now! No need to bash the New Years crowd! We are not ALL quitters...lol I used to regularly workout but with work and grad school got too busy. We are moving closer to work and finally forked out the money to join the gym. It was not a new years resolution, the timing just happen to match when we were moving. I definitely missed working out though and hope I can keep it up. I just need to find someone more motivated than my wife to workout with.

Hey now! No need to bash the New Years crowd! We are not ALL quitters...lol I used to regularly workout but with work and grad school got too busy. We are moving closer to work and finally forked out the money to join the gym. It was not a new years resolution, the timing just happen to match when we were moving. I definitely missed working out though and hope I can keep it up. I just need to find someone more motivated than my wife to workout with.

We'll bump this thread and PM you in a year and see about that! :silly:

Its a great book. Its too bad I don't stick to it close enough :doh:

They are a little out of control with the 'one cheat meal a week' thing. I try my best, but as a 20-something with a social life, its really hard to only allow yourself one cheat meal a week. I have definitely cut back on beer and crap food, and follow the diet pretty closely during the work week.

I had to step up the workouts a bit, and may look elsewhere for those, because they are designed for people who have never worked out before, and aren't that challenging. Men's Health has a belly-off workout that supposedly is pretty good that I might switch too.

I kind of blew off P90X as crap, just another infomercial. So people actually like it? I just don't understand why you would pay for something you can get for free from other resources, such as Men's Health, body-building forums, etc.

It's awesome...after a week fews I can really tell a difference.

....and I would never pay for things I can get for free ;)

I kind of blew off P90X as crap, just another infomercial. So people actually like it? I just don't understand why you would pay for something you can get for free from other resources, such as Men's Health, body-building forums, etc.

P90X worked great for me, I got it for free :paranoid: and everything ive ever seen in Mens Health has been completely worthless.

Oh, and I took SHF's (I think) advice and got "The Abs Diet." I've been following their nutritional and workout plans, and I can see a difference. I feel better too, eating healthier.

Do you recommend this book for a novice trying seriously to lose weigh and get in shape?

Definitley. You learn quite a bit from it about what to eat, how to eat, when to eat and its pretty simple and designed for dudes

I try and apply the principles in the book to what I eat.

Wow sounds good. Only thing that I wouldnt like is the 6 meals a day thing. How does that work for you? Walk me through a day of normal meals....

Ahhh... The workout thread.

Well, I squatted for the first time today since my hamstring injury in June.

Today I did:

Squat: 3 sets

8 reps of 135

8 reps of 225

6 reps of 275

That last set hurt, and considering I used to be able to squat much more, that's discouraging. First time back though. Heh.

Bench

3 sets

6 reps of 225

SLOW eccentric phase, powerful concentric phase.

Shoulder Shrugs

3 sets

12 reps, two 45 pound weights (one in each hand)

Bicep Curls

3 sets

12 reps 30 lbs.

Tricep Kickbacks

3 sets

12 reps 25 lbs.

Various Ab exercises.

Then I went on good old Time Warner Cable, went to the Exercise on Demand channel and did 30 minutes of Boot Camp Cardio with some dude that seemed to know every time I started slacking, because he yelled at me a few times. But got that done as well.

Good day.

Tomorrow is a Power Clean/Pull Up/Shoulder Press Day. I'm amped up for that.

Play indoor soccer 2x a week

I do some workout videos at home 3x a week. Yeah, sounds ***** ***** but I stick with it. I tried the gym route and could never keep going consistently.

I have various exercise equipment at home. Dumbells and resistance bands that I do while watching TV. And a pullup bar—everytime I walk past it, I do as many as I can.

kdawg, you did chest, biceps, shoulders AND abs today?

Yup.

I do a upper body/lower body/power movement every day. 3 days a week. Usually it's Mon/Wed/Fri but I didn't get to the gym on Monday.

Been training for about 10 years and I've done the traditional splits, but there was an article I read about trying this for a good change of pace power routine.

Been doing this type of thing for about 3 months and it works like a charm. I was out of the gym for about 3 months after my hamstring injury as it coincided with a bunch of really nasty colds and a discovery of asthma.

Came back and I was maxing at 235 on bench (100 pounds less than my previous), squatting 135 with ALOT of pain in the hammy (max before was 405), Deadlifting 355 (prior max 550) and power cleaning 135 (just started doing those, though.

Since then, I'm back to a 300+ lb bench, probably squatting around 325-330, deadlifting 455 and cleaning 175.

I'm a firm believer in low volume full body workouts now, and before I despised them.

It all started about a year and a half ago when I did the Bill Star 5x5 routine. Now I've kind of branched out and catered it to what I like to do :)

Archived