Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: As a Skins fan, Should I hate the Ravens and Why?

skinsarethebest

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

"Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate!" - Silky Johnson

I grew up in DC a die-hard Orioles fan.... they are still my team, but I just don't care about baseball anymore. At all.

As for the Gayvens, I initially had no problem with them. They were going to be my AFC team.

My position on that changed immediately as I attended the first scrimmage between the two teams. Ravens fans talk all this **** about the Redskins, but half of those cowards were probably rocking the burgundy and gold a few years ago. I have no respect for them, or the purple jerseys they wear.

Never thought I'd actually root for the Steelers- but I can't wait for them to smash Baltimore in the mouth this weekend.

In 2000 the skins were expected to win the super bowl. The redskins and ravens got in a TV turf battle about TV markets in Preseason. Ravens had yet to do anything, and the skins were expected to do so well, that everyone was a Redskins fan.

As the season wore on, Ravens fans started popping up everywhere.... They acted as if they had always been a Raven fan and started talking trash. Even more, most of them started beliving that the Ravens were the greatest football team of ALL TIME. Even when the Redskins beat them that year, it didn't stop.

Just before Kickoff at the playoffs, the put a sign up on the score board...

it said "todays Playoff Attendence - PSInet Stadium - 71,000+"

Then it continued

"FedEx field - 0,000"

I've hated them ever since....

because all of the ravens are thugs

baltimore sucks

fans who changed loyalty from the skins to ravens becuase they won the superbowl in 2001

And there will probably be more fans that change loyalty if they win another one. Not me, of course. I'm sure there are fans that are sick of Snyder and like what they see in the Ravens, so it wouldn't surprise me if the fanbase shrinks a little more, like the polar icecaps.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=277626&page=27

I know I shouldn't generalize, and every fan base, our own included, has it's good and bad elements; but if I EVER were in doubt or needed a reason to hate the jealous, DC wanabe's from up I95, the low life Raven troll with the VERY apt screen name we encountered late last night/early this am in the above thread gave it to me.

GO STEELERS! KICK BALTIMORES ASS FOR A THIRD TIME THIS YEAR!

Hail.

I initially had no ill will toward the Ravens. I liked the way their team was built and their defense was always one to covet.

But then, in the last year I've read and heard more about Ravens fans being hateful towards us for no reason in particular and watching the dirty play of the Ravens D has turned me off of them.

Whoever posted about the Cardinals is spot on. I don't want any of the other 3 winning the Super Bowl, though I doubt that will happen.

In 2000 the skins were expected to win the super bowl. The redskins and ravens got in a TV turf battle about TV markets in Preseason. Ravens had yet to do anything, and the skins were expected to do so well, that everyone was a Redskins fan.

As the season wore on, Ravens fans started popping up everywhere.... They acted as if they had always been a Raven fan and started talking trash. Even more, most of them started beliving that the Ravens were the greatest football team of ALL TIME. Even when the Redskins beat them that year, it didn't stop.

Just before Kickoff at the playoffs, the put a sign up on the score board...

it said "todays Playoff Attendence - PSInet Stadium - 71,000+"

Then it continued

"FedEx field - 0,000"

I've hated them ever since....

Wow are you serious lol? They got way too much time on their hands. From what I have learned since moving to Baltimore County is that Ravens fans hate everyone. If you are playing them that week no matter who you are, their hate level makes absolutely no sense. I use to work with a Steelers fan in Baltimore, and he told me that Ravens fans hate the Steelers and Steelers fans hate the Browns and that they could careless about the Ravens. That they are Steelers wannabes when it's just never going to happen. Ravens fans just like to pick a fight with everyone to make people want to care about their little purple existence when in reality no one is gonna care about a 12 year old franchise the way they care about teams that have been around for 70 plus years. They carry the same arrogance that the players on their team carries. This is why I can't stand the sight of them. And they are confused. In a local ad for celebration of the 1958 Championship game between the Colts and the Giants, they had a "Then" half with Unitas and a "Now" half with Flacco. Shouldn't Manning be in the other half lol. I know that makes them sick and I just laugh at them.

because their fans are absurdly annoying. the list goes Philly fans, dallas as a team, then ravens fans. although now ravens fans may move in front of dallas.

:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

The fans are the reason I hate the B-Morelame Raisins. Especially, this time of year when the Skins are watching the playoffs from home and Ravens squeak into the playoffs their fans are unmercifully annoying.

I love the city Baltimore I have heavy ties to the city my parents are from Baltimore. But I hate the Ravens because of their fans , Terrell Suggs I think he's the biggest a-hole on the face of the planet. It just the arrogance of the team and their fans that really get under my skin.

They get mad at me when I see well really it was the Cleveland Browns that won that championship man if looks could kill. I would be dead by now LOL.

I've hated the Ravens ever since their inception. I'll always despise a team that steals a team from another city. It's particularly outrageous for Baltimore to do it. They moan and cry about the Colts being stolen from them -- and then they do the same thing to Cleveland!

Bingo! If I live to be 100, I'll never understand how a Turdbird fan can look itself in the mirror. Not only are they stupid, they are undeserving of a team.

So, as a Redskin fan, I couldn't care less about them. As a football fan I'm appalled that a city who let their own Championship winning team (Colts) leave because they wouldn't support it, should be allowed to steal a team away from a city that adored it. I hope I live long enough to see Baltimore lose the Turdbirds.

Would it pain you to know the Skins originally came from Boston?

I get your point, though.

Not even on the same planet, much less apples and oranges, but I get your non-applicable point.;)

The problem I have with Ravens fans is this

1) Colts left Bmore in the night sneaking away - fans cry not fair even though the Colts had no one going to games

2) Bmore steals the Browns from Cleveland - even though the Browns were selling out the games every week.

3) Bmore fans said Washington Fans should adopt the O's When the Senators left and think it is awful that Washington now has the Nats.

And when I was growing up I rooted for 3 teams Skins, Colts and whoever was beating Dallas that week.

Tom

No, I wouldn't hate them. They're right down the road. We're a Maryland team too ya' know. :paranoid:

Who cares. I'll cheer for them over Pittsburgh b/c Tomlin's big head will explode if the Steelers win a Super Bowl. I'm an Ed Reed fan, a Ray Lewis fan to some degree, Laron's brother is on the team (on I.R.), and how can you not cheer for Flacco? I'm pulling for them. I'm also pulling for Arizona b/c of Grimm, Whisenhunt, Rolle, and Hightower.

HTTR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgundy&Gold4Ever viewpost.gif

I've hated the Ravens ever since their inception. I'll always despise a team that steals a team from another city. It's particularly outrageous for Baltimore to do it. They moan and cry about the Colts being stolen from them -- and then they do the same thing to Cleveland!

Would it pain you to know the Skins originally came from Boston?

I get your point, though.

I said steals a team from another city. I don't think Washington stole the team from Boston. Nobody was showing up to games there, even when the team was good. I have no problem with a team relocating under those circumstances.

P.S. How do you use the multi-quote feature? I've never figured it out. I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but if someone could PM me with instructions, I'd appreciate it!

Observation so far: Well, it seems that Skins fans (as a group as a whole) are pretty much split 50/50 regarding whether or not they hate the Ravens, but the key difference being MD Skins fans seem a LOT more likely to hate the Ravens, while VA Skins fans are much more likely to pull for them. DC and out-of-town Skins fans are about evenly split in this.

Observation so far: Well, it seems that Skins fans (as a group as a whole) are pretty much split 50/50 regarding whether or not they hate the Ravens, but the key difference being MD Skins fans seem a LOT more likely to hate the Ravens, while VA Skins fans are much more likely to pull for them. DC and out-of-town Skins fans are about evenly split in this.

Which also makes sense, b/c it seems that the farther away you get from Ravens FANS, the more able you are to tolerate the team.

I live in MD and I hate the Ravens b/c of their fans hatred of the Redskins. At first I was indifferent to the Ravens but their fans hatred for the Redskins, usually for very weak reasons, is why I hate them.

I do admire how they run their team though, and I like Biscotti. Reading next man up gave me a respect for Biscotti. Plus he is a Terps fan.

Apparently, you've been more blessed than I have. The Steelers fans I know are the most obnoxious people you will ever meet. More arrogant and less knowledgeable than Cowboy fans.

Really???

Most Steeler fans I talk with knew tons of football, even the women (I am not saying women don't know football.) Now of course I ran into some Steelers who are annoying, but you saying that they are more arrogant and less knowledgeable then Cowboy fans is unbelievable.

I will flip this discussion to provide the opposite perspective.

I grew up a Colts fan, indifferent to the Redskins. If anything, I was sympathetic to their (and the Senators' ineptitude). I never rooted for the Redskins, but I did respect their teams successes under George Allen and Joe Gibbs.

I met my first Redskins fans in college -- they were pretty cool, just envious of the Colts success. Then I hit the workplace in metro DC, and began to truly loathe Redskins fans' attitudes. The Colts were winning championships, while all they would do was tout Jurgensen's stats and cheer the few Colts losses. When the Orioles lost to the Mets and the Colts to the Jets, Redskins fans were literally having smak parties in the offices. I never appreciated where they were coming from -- jealousy or just plain meanness?

The low point for me was when Jack Kent Cooke conspired with Tagliabue to block Baltimore's expansion bid with the bogus Laurel Stadium proposal. We had the best offer on the table, but instead Jacksonville got the team, and now covers up 10,000 seats to avoid not selling out.

Today, I find Redskins fans to be not as obnoxious as in the past. Maybe because I work from my house and no longer mingle with them in the workplace, or maybe because the Redskins fans have improved. Many of my social friends are Redskins fans, who behave themselves, even the week prior to the Ravens-Redskins game. It's moreso a problem with Redskins fans on our message boards. I moderate several Ravens message boards: we have to remove as many or more Redskins flamers who violate anti-smak rules than those of any other team except the Steelers. What's funny is that many of y'all claim to be be indifferent to the Ravens, yet bombard our boards. Odd.

As to:

Ravens fans talk all this **** about the Redskins, but half of those cowards were probably rocking the burgundy and gold a few years ago. I have no respect for them, or the purple jerseys they wear.

I know literally hundreds of Ravens fans. I know of only one who flipped from being a Redskins fan. Few if any former Colt fans supported the Redskins after the Colts were stolen. A major complaint was having Redskins game broadcast on baltimore TV stations. ..... I just watched college football for those 12 seasons without the NFL.

I initially had no ill will toward the Ravens. I liked the way their team was built and their defense was always one to covet.

But then, in the last year I've read and heard more about Ravens fans being hateful towards us for no reason in particular.

Sorry, there's plenty of reasons. Arrogance of at least some Redskins fans. Flaming our message baords. How many here have stated that the Ravens are not a rival, yet 5,000 Redskins fans showed up in Baltimore, many of whom were pumped up at your tailgate parties about getting bragging rights in Maryland for the next 4 years.

Ravens fans just like to pick a fight with everyone to make people want to care about their little purple existence when in reality no one is gonna care about a 12 year old franchise the way they care about teams that have been around for 70 plus years.

That's hysterical. Most of the country today care a lot about that team with the 12 year existence making a Cinderalla run at the Super Bowl. Players like Reed, Lweis, Suggs, and Flacco do get a lot of national attention. Seriously, how many outside of Metro DC care about your team today? Sammy Baugh was one of the NFL's all-time greats, Billy Kilmer was one of the toughest, and the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry was a classic, but that's all ancient history now.

Of course, this pendulum will swing back when the Redskins inevitably contend again and the Ravens fall off. But it has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of time that your team moved from Boston -- 70 years in irrelevant.

And they are confused. In a local ad for celebration of the 1958 Championship game between the Colts and the Giants, they had a "Then" half with Unitas and a "Now" half with Flacco. Shouldn't Manning be in the other half lol. I know that makes them sick and I just laugh at them.

The one who is confused is you: John Unitas and Joe Flacco played for Baltimore. Manning plays for the Irsay franchsie in Indianapolis.

Archived