Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: As a Skins fan, Should I hate the Ravens and Why?

skinsarethebest

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ravens fans insult Redskin's fans relentlessly. Taking cheapshots like... "how can there be a rivalry, when the redskins haven't won anything in such a long time" Thanks to Kirk Cousins, they got a taste of what a loss tastes like against the burgundy and gold earlier this season. I hate the Ravens almost as much as I hate the Cowboys. They have no history to speak of and everybody knows NFL expansion teams were put on a fast track to succeed under the old expansion system which caused many existing teams to be stagnant for years so expansion teams like the Jaguars, Panthers and Ravens could make it to the Super Bowl well before they had paid the necessary dues to attain the ultimate accomplishment for a professional football team. I think Ray Lewis is a pretty cool dude but the rest of them Buzzards get on my nerves. I dont plan to watch very much ESPN or NFL network for the next two weeks. I will need a vommit bag otherwise. The Harbaugh Bowl was the worst thing that could have happened to my football season. I hope the football gods never allow this to happen again but with that being said I'm forced to pick a lesser of evils this year. Go 49ers!!!

As for Baltimore, those fans are hypocrites for talking all that **** about how low it was for Indy to take in the Colts back in 83, then turning around and welcoming in Modell and his Browns. I don't blame them for it but don't talk down another city for something you damn well know you're going to do if the opportunity ever presents itself.

The worst part was how they gushed over Modell when he passed last year. He was deemed Baltmore's savior. That whole situation screamed hypocrisy to me.

Don't even understand why anyone would hate the Ravens. Maybe if they were NFC (especially East) as they are the only teams that will cause issues for us EVERY year. While the Ravens cause issues, we usually want them to win (or don't give a damn) except for one time every 4 years . I picked the closest option but I really don't think about them much.

---------- Post added January-21st-2013 at 10:05 AM ----------

Of course, in my experience, I have found that the Redskin (fans) are the most hated by fans of other team's fans who care.

I'm curious to how old you are. I'm only asking because I have observed it is mostly a generation thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that most of the Raven/Redskins hatred comes from people my ageish (20's).

I personally started hating the ravens in 2000 when I observed a ton of my friends/classmates jump to the ravens bandwagon when they won the superbowl. Now-a-days I feel like a minority in howard county whenever I rep my skins gear. I'm ashamed that so many people can be so unloyal to the skins just because a new winning team comes to town. Makes me sick to this day.

I grew up in Columbia.

In second grade, when we won the Super Bowl, we learned "Hail to the Redskins" in school.

Now there's Purple Friday.

**** the Ravens.

I'm a skins fan from West Virginia. That's where I grew up. I became a skins fan because I didn't understand why people would root for any team from Pittsburgh, loved our Head coach's character at the time, and could never understand why people should say I should be a fan of a team that didn't exist anymore (ex baltimore colt fans). I do not hate the Ravens, I have friends who like them, but their attempt to paint themselves as some kind of rival, I laugh at. They are the Browns transplanted after all. lol

You didn't have an option that fit me because while I'm not from DC, we got DC news on WUSA when we were in the eaxtern pan handle of WV

I grew up in Columbia.

In second grade, when we won the Super Bowl, we learned "Hail to the Redskins" in school.

**** the Ravens.

All fans outside of Maryland need to read this and put yourselves in our shoes. We have witnessed, through the past 10-13 years, parts of central Maryland transform completely from redskins country to ravens country, all while we chose to stay loyal to the team we love. We're viewed as the "bad guys" or "traitors" of the area when in fact we are the only loyal ones left. How can you not understand our bitterness?

They have a great organization... Besides "Pastor Ray" and that jack off Harbaugh, i really don't have anything against the team. My hate is from the NFL-know-nothing, obnoxious fans. Having to explain why i'm a Baltimore-based Redskins fan (which is pretty understandable, and logical). Yet they still don't understand, followed by "IDK why you like those DeadSkins"...

I'm a diehard skins fan since the age of 7 (43 years). My brother has season tickets and I've been to quite a few games. I like them in the AFC and don't mind them, unless playing the skins. I will pull for them in the superbowl, just because I don't like what they did to the starting QB for sanfran. But thats me don't matter, I don't have a dog in the fight. I still think no injury, we "...coulda been a contender....". HOPE RGIII comes back strong.

I grew up in Columbia.

**** the Ravens.

This explains why I hate the Ravens in a nutshell. It's the fanbase in Montgomery and Howard Counties that so conveniently stopped rooting for the Redskins once the Ravens won a superbowl. UHHGG it makes me so angry.

I work in Columbia, MD (live in Montgomery County) and have many friends that are Ravens fans. Yes, they can be annoying. Yes, they are filled with pride in an obnoxious way. However, they're good friends and I'm very happy for them. It's tough for me not to be happy for them. On the other hand, these next two weeks are bound to be a suffocation of all things Purple..and Ray Ray. My happiness for them is sure to wane. I've heard the arguments from Redskins fans about why there should be hatred for Ravens fans. I hear you. But I know the enemy, and the enemy isn't all that bad. Their passion is annoying to an outsider, yet admirable from the perspective of a sports fan.

I work in Columbia, MD (live in Montgomery County) and have many friends that are Ravens fans. Yes, they can be annoying. Yes, they are filled with pride in an obnoxious way. However, they're good friends and I'm very happy for them. It's tough for me not to be happy for them. On the other hand, these next two weeks are bound to be a suffocation of all things Purple..and Ray Ray. My happiness for them is sure to wane. I've heard the arguments from Redskins fans about why there should be hatred for Ravens fans. I hear you. But I know the enemy, and the enemy isn't all that bad. Their passion is annoying to an outsider, yet admirable from the perspective of a sports fan.

It's annoying in some regards to be surrounded by people who cheer for a team who is a constant contender while your team is (was) a constant bottom feeder. After a while, it does get on your nerves. But man, its a bit ridiculous how thin skinned some redskins fans are when it comes to other teams.

All fans outside of Maryland need to read this and put yourselves in our shoes. We have witnessed, through the past 10-13 years, parts of central Maryland transform completely from redskins country to ravens country, all while we chose to stay loyal to the team we love. We're viewed as the "bad guys" or "traitors" of the area when in fact we are the only loyal ones left. How can you not understand our bitterness?

I remember in high school, about half of Baltimore cheered on the Redskins during our last SB run in 91. Which meant hat there were a good amount of our city who adopted the Skins as DC did with the Orioles. All of a sudden "The Redskins SUCK".. "Hail to the Deadskins".. "How could you like that team"... GTFOH!! I HATE, HATE, HATE their fans... :ols:

Archived