Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: As a Skins fan, Should I hate the Ravens and Why?

skinsarethebest

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Baltimore hates all things DC and they hate the Redskins... guess they are jealous with envy we have such a rich past/tradition? SO F*** THEM! I have also worked up in Baltimore quite a bit, and I hate that trashy, dirty, run down place they call a city... their fans fit right in there, too bad they cant put a great wall of baltimore up to keep them all inside

Baltimore hates all things DC and they hate the Redskins... guess they are jealous with envy we have such a rich past/tradition? SO F*** THEM! I have also worked up in Baltimore quite a bit, and I hate that trashy, dirty, run down place they call a city... their fans fit right in there, too bad they cant put a great wall of baltimore up to keep them all inside

So much hate for a non rival team lmao thats hilarious.

Im from the northern burbs of Bmore but I hvnt lived there since 92(I come back 1 or 2 times a year) so I dont have to deal with Ravens fans 24/7 like you all have to do. Its honestly hard to find a Ravens fan that I have crossed thats had a beef with the Skins. Including my brother, other family and friends that I have still in MD. Raven fans in Atlanta ive ran into dont really "beef" with me. I was beginning to believe it was a generation thing than I see you, 42, with so much hate for a team we play 1 time in 4 years lmao smh

Im lost

So much hate for a non rival team lmao thats hilarious.

Im from the northern burbs of Bmore but I hvnt lived there since 92(I come back 1 or 2 times a year) so I dont have to deal with Ravens fans 24/7 like you all have to do. Its honestly hard to find a Ravens fan that I have crossed thats had a beef with the Skins. Including my brother, other family and friends that I have still in MD. Raven fans in Atlanta ive ran into dont really "beef" with me. I was beginning to believe it was a generation thing than I see you, 42, with so much hate for a team we play 1 time in 4 years lmao smh

Im lost

You haven't been here, except for visiting a couple times a year, you said it yourself, you're lost..you just dont know... ever since baltimore won the super bowl the first time, they have hated us, plain and simple...so **** them in my honest opinion

You haven't been here, except for visiting a couple times a year, you said it yourself, you're lost..you just dont know... ever since baltimore won the super bowl the first time, they have hated us, plain and simple...so **** them in my honest opinion

Actually, they hated the skins from the first home game at the stadium that my maryland tax dollars built. At the same time that first game was being played, the Redskins were losing to the Steelers. When the score was announced, the Baltimore fans cheered. Art Modell was quoted as saying that they needed to do a better job of educating their fans because the Skins were not division or even conference rivals, while the Steelers were. Baltimore has the same type of inferiority/superiority complex toward Washington as the French do toward the Germans (and just about every other country).

I cannot root for the Ravens. One, their fans are insufferable, especially the ones in D.C. Two, every time I see them play Metallica's "The Thing That Should Not Be" just plays over and over. This team should still be in Cleveland; and Baltimore should have the abomination that is the current Browns. And you know what you wouldn't see? Ravens fans. Anywhere.

I would love to see how many Ravens fans there would be if they went through a Vinny Cerrato-type era.

I'm down for DC sports all the way, aside from the Terps and other state Collegiate teams.

I don't care much for the Ravens in regards to pure sport, but Ravens fans at my current and past jobs totally ruin any appreciation I could have for them representing Maryland. I've never openly initiated any hate towards the Ravens, but almost every Ravens fan I've encountered enjoys berating Redskins fans, for simply being fans.

The problem is that they're a young franchise who has experienced an inordinate amount of success in such a short time (17 seasons). IMO, its a gift and a curse. Its good because obviously they've won a SB after only being in Bmore 5 seasons and have remained competative due to great scouting and smart roster building. The downside of that is the inevitability of mediocrity that hits EVERY franchise at some point. You could call it the "Ebb and Flow" of sports franchises. The "Glory Days" won't last forever, meaning it will come a time when the Ravens will see consecutive sub .500 record seasons, as did the Skins for so many years prior. I keep warning Ravens fans of this, but they continue to dismiss it, because they simply don't know any better. It will be a fun day when the Skins are back on top (which we building our way toward) and the Ravens become subpar (which they will be sooner than later).

I HATE Dallas, HATE Philly and HATE the Giants. The only time I ever root for the Ravens to win is a time like this year when they played all of our rivals. I heavily dislike the Ravens, not so much the team itself per se as being composed of players I dont like but just the fact they are from BALTIMORE and I despise BALTIMORE because its the closest neighboring city to my hometown of DC and I get sick of the coupling of the two cities by the media, fans etc.....I have grown to hate Baltimore sports simply due to the fact Im tired of being associated with them/compared to them due to the close proximity. Sure, we are "neighbors" but i do not want to see that team win and have a leg up or have bragging rights or any type of positive view overshadowing my team. They are not a team I sit and watch and order a pizza and watch and root my tail off to have lose on a weekly basis like i do for philly, nyg and dallas. But, they are a team that when loses...it definitly brings a bit of joy on my Sunday afternoons in the Fall.

I'm a Skins fan that was born and raised in Baltimore and I have never once felt inferior to DC. Don't get me wrong, DC is a great place and I'd never tear it down like some of you love to do to my hometown, but to think that we are somehow in awe of DC is a bit misguided. Of course Bmore has its problems like every other town in America, but whenever the Ravens are mentioned, this board all of sudden becomes a "Bash Baltimore Fest". I honestly don't get it.

I am beginning to wan off of Baltimore a little bit simply because I believe this to be their window dressing finale... this is it for those ******* and I hope that they realize it as well.

IDK how the organization feels. But i can tell you for SURE that the fans don't realize it.

---------- Post added January-29th-2013 at 04:01 PM ----------

I'm a Skins fan that was born and raised in Baltimore and I have never once felt inferior to DC. Don't get me wrong, DC is a great place and I'd never tear it down like some of you love to do to my hometown, but to think that we are somehow in awe of DC is a bit misguided. Of course Bmore has its problems like every other town in America, but whenever the Ravens are mentioned, this board all of sudden becomes a "Bash Baltimore Fest". I honestly don't get it.

Thank you, bro^^ thats EXACTLY how i feel. As far as i'm concerned, i love Baltimore and i love DC as well. But i don't feel inferior to them. I appreciate DC as our sister city. Perhaps because i have alot of friends from the area.... But naw, I usually stay away when people start to bash Bmore, because i know i will end up getting caugh up in my feelings and take things personal.

IDK how the organization feels. But i can tell you for SURE that the fans don't realize it.

---------- Post added January-29th-2013 at 04:01 PM ----------

Thank you, bro^^ thats EXACTLY how i feel. As far as i'm concerned, i love Baltimore and i love DC as well. But i don't feel inferior to them. I appreciate DC as our sister city. Perhaps because i have alot of friends from the area.... But naw, I usually stay away when people start to bash Bmore, because i know i will end up getting caugh up in my feelings and take things personal.

Let me make myself clear so I'm not sounding Napoleon or anything... I dislike the fanbase of Baltimore compared to the City itself. It is great place to hang out but you will find yourself misplaced in that town when it comes to football.

In my opinion, they should've just left it a baseball town ;)

I am a die-hard Skins fan but I now live in Columbia, MD, which is 20 mins from Ravens M&T Bank Stadium.

The Ravens fans are cool with me. We co-exist as one extended family and generally support each other.

I was cool with them up until RG3 hurt his knee in that Ravens game. All of a sudden I started hearing whispers from Ravens fans saying Nagata put our boy, RG3, into retirement and "he ain't coming back", etc.

Since then, while I still have love for the Ravens, I have been watching them out of the corner of my eyes. I don't trust them anymore like I used to.

I sense some jealousy with them but it's not all of them but a whole lot of them harbor jealousy.

I was cool with them up until RG3 hurt his knee in that Ravens game. All of a sudden I started hearing whispers from Ravens fans saying Nagata put our boy, RG3, into retirement and "he ain't coming back", etc.

Yeah, that's what I've been getting a lot of. I saw a post today where a Ravens fan went through the season and used a funny animated .gif to represent each game. It was very clever. Then it got to our game, and he says this:

I don’t know what’s worse: losing to a team named for an outrageous racial slur when your fans have audibly and visibly invaded half its stadium, or losing after you have literally CRIPPLED that team’s greatest weapon and replaced it with the equivalent of a pea-shooter.

If ever there was any doubt about who to root for this Sunday (really despise the Niner Harbaugh), this put me over the top. Many of them without a doubt take glee in the RG3 fiasco. And they generally hate us for whatever reason.

Please, Niners. Please crush them. The offseason will be truly ponderous if you do not.

Btw, here's the site. Feel free to leave a comment:

http://brafootball.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/the-ravens-2012-season-in-review-and-with-gifs/

I guess I am just full of hate. I hate all 31 other teams.

Yes, there are varying levels of hatred and players I don't mind watching perform at a great level when not playing the Redskins. Seriously, I have no feelings leaning one way or the other with this game. I will have the TV on, but I will be paying more attention to my computer than the TV.

And I agree with the sentiment you NEVER root for any of the other NFC East teams unless it helps the Redskins.

Pittsburgh and New England are a close second and third to the three teams tied for 1st in my most hated teams list.

i am in VA.. and without all the Ray Lewis strokejobs going on, I would've easily rooted for the Ravens. I like B'more, think of it like DC's kinda socailly awkward little brother. (I root for canada in much the same way :) )

however.. B'more DID have teh totally annoying Ray Lewis circle jerk love fest going on..... so i had to decide if THAT irritated me more than the absolute d-bag head coache of the 49-ers (and that stupid "kiss my tattoos when i have a big play, because peopwle hwve bween swoo mean to me about my bweatiful bwody art..." story).

in the end i rooted for the 49ers to make a game of it, but fall short... just like happened. The one d-bag will be gone (from the playing field)... the SF d-bag will remain insufferable for decades to come.

i am in VA.. and without all the Ray Lewis strokejobs going on, I would've easily rooted for the Ravens. I like B'more, think of it like DC's kinda socailly awkward little brother. (I root for canada in much the same way :) )

however.. B'more DID have teh totally annoying Ray Lewis circle jerk love fest going on..... so i had to decide if THAT irritated me more than the absolute d-bag head coache of the 49-ers (and that stupid "kiss my tattoos when i have a big play, because peopwle hwve bween swoo mean to me about my bweatiful bwody art..." story).

in the end i rooted for the 49ers to make a game of it, but fall short... just like happened. The one d-bag will be gone (from the playing field)... the SF d-bag will remain insufferable for decades to come.

Ironic isn't it... and Ravens fans try to admonish us about "RG3 worship". GTFOH..

Why do I hate Baltimore? Maybe it's not a big deal to anyone else, but when I am at a WASHINGTON DC pro sports event, I do not need or want to hear the obnoxious and played out "O's" part yelled during the National Anthem. It REALLY bugs pisses me off. Not necessarily because one may or not argue whether it is respectful, rather it is a Baltimore thing...NOT a DC thing (or at least it shouldn't be). Really? Go crawl back to that cesspool of a city and yell that crap. And shame on the Washington sports fans that do it.

Archived