Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SHANAHAN FIRED: Redskins should FIRE Zorn and HIRE Shanahan (merged)

Frediemac

This is the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard. At age 61 you should be well more advanced then you are now in your knowledge of football. Are you a new fan to the game?

If I am to consider nothing more then his record doesn't that mean his entire record??? Which just between you and me is a tad bit better then 24-24, oh and just a smig better then Zorn's career mark of 8-8. I'm assuming those Super Bowls don't count either seeing how John Elway was racking up Lombardi's well before Shanahan got there. I guess he didn't have anything at all to do with those right? So I guess ceedogg that would be Nuff Said.

Elway was getting to superbowls with garbage at receiver and running back. enter ALEX GIBBS and his borderline chopblocking scheme and an excellent runningback and back to back titles though the Packers should have won one of those.

BTW Alex Gibbs took that style to the Falcons a few years ago.

It would've been interesting to see what CP would've been like had he stayed in Shanahan's system. Cuz I think Joe Gibbs probably took 3-4 years off his career. In Shanahan/Alex Gibbs running system, it was 5 YPC and 15 TDs. Dude gets to DC and it's grinding for 3-4 yards on 60-70 more carries with the injuries that go with it.

Shanny would be AWESOME here. Makes total sense. Move Zorn back down to O-Coor/Quarterbacks Coach, where he belongs. Shanny would have head coaching/GM responsibilities, with Cerrato as an assistant. Sure, Shanny's free agent pickups did him in on the defensive side of the ball. However, in totality, he is a damn good football mind that we need around here in the worst way. Hell, didn't he dupe us for Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick for Clinton Portis. I'm sure he still gets a chuckle out of how easy it was to bamboozle us.

Again, why would you want to hire someone who failed as a GM and never really built the team after John Elway retired. If you want to bring him in, bring him in as an OC.

Exactly. I just don't see him getting an OC gig. I think one of the teams that is looking for a HC will pick him up whether he is or isn't the GM as well. If on the other hand he was to be looked over and he was willing to take a OC position then it would be nice to have him here. I highly doubt it though.

Shanahan is not going to demote himself to OC. He's a head coach. He's not Norv Turner or Mike Martz, he ain't going backwards from that. You only do that when you can't get somebody to hire you as a HC. He's minimum a HC or nothing. I think he'd take a HC only spot if it were the right situation, but he won't have to cuz there'll be plenty of people willing to give him total control.

This board is getting way to predictable, but I didn't expect this thread to be this long, you guys must've been bored last night.

If I were to wager money, though I'm not a gambler. I'd say he ends up with the Jets. Call me crazy lol

That's probably not a bad guess, but for some reason, I gotta feeling he's gonna end up with the cowboys. Don't know why, just a feeling.

Exactly. I just don't see him getting an OC gig. I think one of the teams that is looking for a HC will pick him up whether he is or isn't the GM as well. If on the other hand he was to be looked over and he was willing to take a OC position then it would be nice to have him here. I highly doubt it though.

Also, when his real OC(Gary Kubiak) left to take the gig down in Houston, I think the team went sour. The last time they even went somewhere, he was the OC, calling the plays, and he was hired after they lost the AFC Championship to Pittsburg.

this thread is still going on how?

Although the thought of Shanny and Portis back together is nice, you can't change every time something like this happens.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did'nt Shanahan and Portis have a falling out in Denver? Hence why he shipped CP to WAS for Chump Bailey.

this thread is still going on how?

Although the thought of Shanny and Portis back together is nice, you can't change every time something like this happens.

He's been away from Shanahan longer than he was with him. I think whatever magic they had is gone. It's like dating someone a long time ago and then running into them a few years later and not remembering what they looked like.

The Redskins should Fire Zorn ASAP and Hire Mike Shanahan ASAP.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL!!!

WHY?

Denver has been as pathetic the past decade as the Redskins, the difference being their division has been garbage most of that time.

Mike Shannahan: The most overrated coach in the League over the past 20 years. He did **** without a HOF QB and one of the best RB's ever. If Terrell Davis doesn't get injured, and Elway doesn't retire Shammahan would be a HOF coach, what a joke.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did'nt Shanahan and Portis have a falling out in Denver? Hence why he shipped CP to WAS for Chump Bailey.

CP wanted to get paid and Denver (SHan specifically) didn't want to pay him. So they sent him to Washington for Bailey (who Washington didn't want to pay). They had a falling out cause both those guys probably have huge egos.

The Bronco's are one of the only front offices to have a worse GM/VP than the Redskins...I have no desire for being the Lions of 2009 - JUST SAY NO TO SHANNAHAN!

Zorn is going to learn and grow and if Vinnie doesn't do to much damage will turn things around.

The Bronco's are one of the only front offices to have a worse GM/VP than the Redskins...I have no desire for being the Lions of 2009 - JUST SAY NO TO SHANNAHAN!

Zorn is going to learn and grow and if Vinnie doesn't do to much damage will turn things around.

Marshall,Cutler,Royal,Clady

or

Thomas,Cambell,Kelly,Rinehart

Hmmmm?

Archived