Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SHANAHAN FIRED: Redskins should FIRE Zorn and HIRE Shanahan (merged)

Frediemac

After all the power he had in Denver, he's not coming unless he's head coach and GM

Wrong!!!!

He was the head coach and vice president of football operations, thats right vice, which means he had input but not the final say in personel. A perfect fit here and his offense scores alot of points, teamed with a stud DC we could have a winner. The alternative sounds better, Jim "10 points" Zorn:doh:

While I've not been an advocate of firing Zorn, if you can get a guy like Shanahan who runs basically the same system (a WCO derivative) as we're running now then we'd be smart to look at it.

Let's be real, we're facing a personnel overhaul so it's not a bad move to bring in a guy who has a system that calls for a specific type of player and he knows to build from the inside out. Portis would probably be 3 strides past giddy if Shanahan brought his system to DC.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Shanahan become the Head Coach either for the NY Jets, or the Cleveland Browns.

Not sure if the egos of Mike Shanahan and Jerry Jones could result in a happy union. Besides, Jerry already announced that the current coaching staff will remain intact.

Having said all of this, if we could get Mike ... I think it would be an awesome move. I like Jim Zorn, and under Mike's tutelage Jim could evolve to becoming an outstanding coach.

Face it Vinny & Zorn are going to be back next year.

It used to be if someone was released there were a dozen threads saying that the Skins should sign the player...it has now gotten to the point where we are doing it for coaches....sad commentary about the state of this franchise.

All that being said I would love it if Vinny was shown the door...and Zorn was told...you had a pass this season...this coming year no free-passes.

EXCELLENT question dude, I've been wondering that for a long time now....

original post/poster.

He'd be nice...but I like zorn...My ultimate hope is that we go 2-14 next year so we can have the first over all pick, and Vinny will lose his job. Even if that means losing Zorn. Maybe then we could go after Cowher/whoevers avaliable....But Vinny being gone is the biggest/most important part.

original post/poster.

He'd be nice...but I like zorn...My ultimate hope is that we go 2-14 next year so we can have the first over all pick, and Vinny will lose his job. Even if that means losing Zorn. Maybe then we could go after Cowher/whoevers avaliable....But Vinny being gone is the biggest/most important part.

If we go 2-14, Zorn would DESERVE to be fired.

Face it Vinny & Zorn are going to be back next year.

It used to be if someone was released there were a dozen threads saying that the Skins should sign the player...it has now gotten to the point where we are doing it for coaches....sad commentary about the state of this franchise.

All that being said I would love it if Vinny was shown the door...and Zorn was told...you had a pass this season...this coming year no free-passes.

dont forget were doing it for GM's as well.. shoot while were at it, if miami gets sold how about the current owner buys the redskins and we can have a new owner too.

original post/poster.

This is asinine.

MY "ultimate hope" is that Vinny proves all of his detractors wrong, that most (if not all) of his draft picks end up contributing, and that Jim Zorn only improves each year as a coach and brings us a Super Bowl win.

Why would that NOT be ANY Redskins fan's ultimate hope?

This is asinine.

MY "ultimate hope" is that Vinny proves all of his detractors wrong, that most (if not all) of his draft picks end up contributing, and that Jim Zorn only improves each year as a coach and brings us a Super Bowl win.

Agree 100%:applause:

This is asinine.

because vinny has proved thats hes completely inept in every capacity involving football. you can hope that i take over as coach and lead us to 19-0 but its never going to happen in a logical world. vinny is garbage, and i think his point was if one awful season is all it would take to rid us of vinny then hes all for it, and so am i.

You sure beat me to it, though I wouldn't fire Zorn. Zorn should become JUST the QB coach/O-Coord, so he can concentrate solely on Jason Campbell. The best part about Shanahan is, he would also help in the maturation of Campbell.

man, those were my EXACT thoughts the minute i saw shanahan got fired. i don't dislike zorn or anything, but i think learning from shanahan couldn't hurt. and him concentrating campbell would benefit the team. having some consistency is always a good thing. zorn did say he didn't feel overwhelmed by all the different hats he was wearing, but of course he'll say that. guess we'll see how it pans out.

Here's the catch: Shanahan can NOT be the GM/President or any other type of player personnel type guy. He's failed miserably at that in Denver, which has cost him his job. He has signed the worst group of defensive players in the history of the world. He has no idea how to build a team. Don't forget, his 2 SB wins came with John Elway at QB, and Terrell Davis at RB. He's struggled ever since Elway retired.

Also, he runs a variant of the WCO, learned in SF at the same time as Holmgren, if I'm not mistaken. (I'm going to go check that out.) So it really wouldn't be a new system, or it shouldn't be.

If he was to be brought in, the offense immediately improves. Say what you want about the Broncos, they ALWAYS have a good offense.

But I don't see it happening. However, any team that gives him complete control is asking for disaster.

Archived