Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SHANAHAN FIRED: Redskins should FIRE Zorn and HIRE Shanahan (merged)

Frediemac

This is asinine.

MY "ultimate hope" is that Vinny proves all of his detractors wrong, that most (if not all) of his draft picks end up contributing, and that Jim Zorn only improves each year as a coach and brings us a Super Bowl win.

Why would that NOT be ANY Redskins fan's ultimate hope?

i know thats my hope, but i also think zorn is a good coach.

This is asinine.

MY "ultimate hope" is that Vinny proves all of his detractors wrong, that most (if not all) of his draft picks end up contributing, and that Jim Zorn only improves each year as a coach and brings us a Super Bowl win.

Why would that NOT be ANY Redskins fan's ultimate hope?

MMMMMmmmm, truth tastes delicious!

Haven't seen you around here lately, Cali... and trust me, I know why. You don't even need to explain my man. ;)

Is it really possible to be overrated and win two Super Bowls?:whoknows:

Hasn't done jack since then (10 years) which means he isn't an elite coach (like some were saying he was) and hence the term "overrated".

Calling him overrated is not the same thing as calling him a bad coach.

He was once a good head coach but has been a poor personnel guy. As others have pointed out, his draft choices have been spotty and his free agent busts rival that of Danny.

I bleed bronco orange, and blue, thru and thru and if he was hired by the skins, I'd be screaming HTTR for years.
I find it ironic that a poster with the name "PortisSucks" roots for the team that hasn't been able to find a RB anywhere near the quality of Portis since he left.

And the last thing we need is another outsider screaming "HTTR" - we have enough of that with the Hawaiians.

Hasn't done jack since then (10 years) which means he isn't an elite coach (like some were saying he was) and hence the term "overrated".

Calling him overrated is not the same thing as calling him a bad coach.

He was once a good head coach but has been a poor personnel guy. As others have pointed out, his draft choices have been spotty and his free agent busts rival that of Danny.

If you don't want him to coach here, fine, just say that. But to call the man overrated is a bit much. Again, look at his track record. 138-86 total wins and losses. 8-5 in playoffs. Yeah, he's only 1-4 post-Elway, but so what. That discounts everything he's accomplished?

And his draft selections this year were actually pretty good. But you won't truly know that until a few years. Yeah, he's probably not a great personnel guy, sure. As I mentioned earlier, im not a fan of being a coach and GM. Its too difficult.

As far as elite coach or not, you have to put him in that category. Again, the man has won two SBs. You don't do that by accident. And you could also make the argument that Elway didn't win a ring until he had Shanahan. Denver's only two SB titles came during his tenure.

I agree with you, im not a fan of bringing him in. I think Zorn has earned another year. We're not in the market for a coach and shouldn't just jump at the big-name guy for the sake of making a splash.

I find it ironic that a poster with the name "PortisSucks" roots for the team that hasn't been able to find a RB anywhere near the quality of Portis since he left.

And the last thing we need is another outsider screaming "HTTR" - we have enough of that with the Hawaiians.

It's the system. And most any rb with a heartbeat and that can follow his blockers can do well. Good or great RB's, like Portis, Droughns or even Mike Anderson, will do better.

Has Portis been the same running back since he was traded east? I know Champ has been as good or better then his days in DC.

It's the system. And most any rb with a heartbeat and that can follow his blockers can do well. Good or great RB's, like Portis, Droughns or even Mike Anderson, will do better.

Has Portis been the same running back since he was traded east? I know Champ has been as good or better then his days in DC.

Please....believe me, no body wants to debate that trade any longer. Its been beaten to a bloody pulp on this board and im sure on yours too. Both teams got players that they needed.

Dont bring that ish up in here.

Anyone that thinks Zorn is on Shanny's level as a Head Coach, as of right now, is nothing more then a 100% homer incapable of rational football thought. Here we go Homers don't hurt yourselves reading this

1. He only won because of Elway well what do you know not the full truth, of Elways top 5 seasons 4 happened under Shanny, that's every year Shanny coached him.

2. He can't draft, first of all we shouldn't criticise anyone else's drafting ability, secondly Shanahan has a very good record of drafting and this includes defensive players. Players like TD, Portis, John Mobley, Trevor Pryce, Al Wilson, Ian Gold, Kenoy Kennedy, DJ Williams, Jay Cutler, and Brandon Marshall, just to name the big time players he selected. He can't help it if guys get injured like Mobley, Wilson, and Gold who were pro bowlers BTW.

3. He signs bust for FA and makes bad trades, HELLO!!! we are the Washington Redskins, we wrote the freakin book on the above mentioned, again lets not throw stones. If you look at his complete history he has more hits then misses, hell he won with Jake Plummer at QB, imagine what he would do with the great Jason Campbell.

Now I'm not saying we should get Shanahan and I have no problem with the argument we should go in a different direction, that's a perfectly sane and rational argument, but to try to discredit how good a coach he is and to try to down play his success is one of the stupidest things I've read in along time. There are players and coaches out there that are better then our Redskins. Some of you need to comeback into reality.

Archived