Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SHANAHAN FIRED: Redskins should FIRE Zorn and HIRE Shanahan (merged)

Frediemac

Yea,wouldn't he be a big improvement? 8 & 8 this year,and 24 & 24 overall. Give this dude a chance,it's his first year,and he did as good as the guy you want to bring in. The players have lost the coach,not the coach lost the players. We have a bunch of guys that think they know better than he does,and obviously that hasn't worked out so well. He needs to regroup this bunch of prima donnas,and weed out a few of them,and go from there. Give the guy a chance.

How about Shanahan for gm???

Or offensive coordinator?

Why would Shanahan, a 14yr coach with the Broncos (remember he coached at Oakland too), who won 2 superbowls settle to become the offensive coordinator behind a guy whose only coached for one season???? He's an excellent coach. Danny Boy should take a long hard look and hire this guy. That would be taking a step in the right direction. Give him total control and let's return to respectability. Problem is, this is a pipedream. We have a power hungry owner and an ass clown of a GM running the show. We are freakin doomed. Doomed I tell you!!!

I would not mind having Mike Shanahan as an offensive coordinator for the Redskins, but he would most likely prefer a head coaching position around the league. Even if Shanahan was hired by Snyder to be the Redskins' offensive coordinator for 2009, it would be for only a short term; he would most likely be a head coach elsewhere by 2010. He would not be here for the long haul.

Marvin Lewis was an example of that scenario; the only difference was that he was the Redskins' defensive coordinator with Spurrier back in 2002. In 2003, the next year, Lewis accepted a job elsewhere by becoming the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Go get Shanny, if you got a pair, Lil Danny.:applause::point2sky

And while your at it send redskin 1 up to NE and pickup our new GM.

If he pulled that off i'd truly believe the guy is serious about winning and restoring glory to DC and not playing fantasy football with bugeyes :laugh:

Yeah redskins59,shanahan has a great coaching record. 24 and 24. This season he was eight,and eight. sound familiar?? If you insist on hiring somebody else,then bring in somebody with a shining record. Not a mediocre coach,with a mediocre record. Damn man,this is Zorn's first year,give him a chance.

I don't know if Zorn is the answer, but I don't think hiring a 56 year old coach with no hunger is the answer. The Redskins should be looking for the next Joe Gibbs, Mike Shananan, not hiring them.

Mike Shanahan was 138-86 in the regular season as the Bronco's head coach. He went 8-5 in the playoffs with 2 superbowl titles. His teams averaged rank was 2.1 (average place his team finished within the division year after year) with 4 divisional titles. Who says he has no hunger. Why would we settle for mediocrity??? Zorn in his first season finished 8-8 (with a horrible collapse in the second half) with a team he didn't put together. Shanahan is proven and a future hall of famer.

Yeah redskins59,shanahan has a great coaching record. 24 and 24. This season he was eight,and eight. sound familiar?? If you insist on hiring somebody else,then bring in somebody with a shining record. Not a mediocre coach,with a mediocre record. Damn man,this is Zorn's first year,give him a chance.

Look below for Shanahan's record. His W-L% is .616.

Actually it's 609. 89 divided by 146. That of course includes good times and bad times. Early years,and now.So what have you done for me lately? Well,he's gone twenty four and twenty four over the last three years.That's why he's out of a job. Our guy's that good and it's only his first year.Reminds me of people wanting a magic pill to lose weight. There ain't one,and there is no magic fix for a one year turn around,like everyone dreams of.Like the weight loss,it takes a lot of work,and time. Wish there was a quick magic fix,but it ain't happening.

Steamrollingriggo, 24 and 24 is the past three years of shanahans coaching efforts. A five hundred record. After all,it's not what you did a long time ago,but what can you do for me now? That was proven with Joe Gibbs.

If memory serves me right, Both Fisher and Cowher had 3 year stints where they missed the playoffs. Cowher went on to win a superbowl later on. This is the NFL. Its hard to finish on top year after year. He's proven. He can win. He can draft.

Archived