Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SHANAHAN FIRED: Redskins should FIRE Zorn and HIRE Shanahan (merged)

Frediemac

Except you also forgot his atrocious defense that he hand picked. He will want a full GM position and with his history of drafting defensive players, I don't know that we want to be the that type of team.

I didn't say I wanted him, I was just disagreeing that he is worse than Vinny at evaluating talent

Then he should be GM as well. Make Vinny his assistant.

Make Jim Zorn the Offensive Coordinator ???? What do you guys think

I wish he would've been available this time last year. Shanahan is a great coach. But I would hate to see another change at our coaching postion.

We do need a real GM and he would be perfect. Get on the phone Snyder, make it happen.

The Redskins should Fire Zorn ASAP and Hire Mike Shanahan ASAP.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zorn hasn't wore out his welcome. Even though it won't happen I would like to see Shanahan as the O.C. The problem would be what coach the players would perceive as Head Coach. MS has two Super Bowl rings. Maybe MS is humble enough to take a back seat to Zorn. MS could call it his "year off" from the pressure of being the HC.

I'm saying no to the move despite the fact......

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80835368&template=with-video&confirm=true

Wedding bells

Now that the NFL Draft is complete, coaches and players are making spring and summer plans. But few people have anything planned any more notable than Broncos coach Mike Shanahan’s plans this weekend.

Shanahan confirmed Wednesday on NFL Network that he and his wife, Peggy, are two of the approximate 200 people invited to the wedding of Jenna Bush, daughter of United States president George Bush.

Shanahan’s daughter, Krystal, also will attend, and she is the connection between the two distinguished families.

Krystal Shanahan and Jenna Bush met as students at the University of Texas. They became so friendly that they actually shared an apartment in New York City.

As the daughters became friendly, so did their parents. Mike Shanahan even once made an appearance at President Bush’s campaign rally at Red Rocks in Colorado.

Now the Shanahans will see the Bushs again this weekend, in Crawford, Texas, at the Wedding of the Year

I love Jim Zorn BUT Mike Shanahan is a PROVEN winner that will turn this franchise around. I really believe he would. I would bet on it.

Joe Gibbs was also a proven winner but didn't get the ship completely turned around. The FO is always going to take it in the wrong direction.:mad:

Elway was getting to superbowls with garbage at receiver and running back. enter ALEX GIBBS and his borderline chopblocking scheme and an excellent runningback and back to back titles though the Packers should have won one of those.

BTW Alex Gibbs took that style to the Falcons a few years ago.

I'm sure you'd agree that getting there and winning Super Bowls are two different things. Also that 6th round steal at RB Shanahan found was a pretty big help but hey the guy doesn't draft well.

Again not saying Shanny should come here just tired of fans that act as if Shanahan is a bum coach that got lucky in Den and has no eye for talent.

someone who will be aggressive with the playcalling. I have always thought that he would be an ideal coach for the Redskins. Maybe Snyder will get bold and make the move!! I would rather have Shanahan than Cowher.

Let's trade for Tom Brady if it doesn't involve a first rounder (haha)!

someone who will be aggressive with the playcalling. I have always thought that he would be an ideal coach for the Redskins. Maybe Snyder will get bold and make the move!! I would rather have Shanahan than Cowher.

Let's trade for Tom Brady if it doesn't involve a first rounder (haha)!

The way Zorn, Saunders, and Gibbs all kinda regressed / slid over time to a conservative offense have me thinking it's more our personnel than the play calling.

I know it's in jest, but yeah Brady would be nice if you could count on him for a few years, but lots of teams would want him if he was, and the Patriots aren't going to let him go cheap. :cheers:

Seriously, as you saw from Gibbs/Saunders, I really think its the personnel. By playing conservative, you limit mistakes and wont get blown out. We dont have a dynamic offense or any true playmakers

That's exactly right. We don't have dominate players outside of Portis on Offense so we have no choice but to play Ravens style of football. Problem is we don't have a good defense like the Ravens do to protect the failings on offense so we remain inconsistent.

Archived