Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iraqi Reporter Throws Shoes at Bush

redskins4life234

He's on the opposite end of the spectrum from me but I gotta admit, Bush was a gangster there. Ducked the first one. Slapped the second one away. Like "That's all you got *****?!?!"

Quoted for truth. Good job W! :applause:

I woulda just stood there surprised and taken the first one right in the mug.

Seeing how our country has invaded their country and killed tens of thousands of their civilians, I say he has all the right in the world to throw a ****ing show at him.

Yeah the clueless and the dumb also known as liberals, spew that BS while those living there under Saddam and now post know what President Bush did for their country and were happy to display that purple thumb after being free to vote, that 5 watt light bulbs pretend never happy.

The guy had a beef because of a Sunni / Shiite skirmish in Sadr city that left him jailed years ago.

Actually, Iraqi's were more secure before the invasion.
o_rly.jpg

I'd like a good explanation of your reasoning please. yea the iraqi post office may not be as fast as it was under saddam, but at least they don't have to worry about mustard gas maybe falling down on their heads that particular day. or being rounded up and executed because their friend didn't like the government and having their body dumped into a hole in the desert :2cents:

I guess twa. I still think our guy's should have been stepping on this guy's neck before he had a chance to take his second shoe off regardless of how well it might have been received. Not a great moment IMO for the SS detail.

I agree it would have been better(and much more entertaining),but that is a result of W's call and not really reflective of the SS or their abilities.

Of course seeing W slap the reporter around would be even funnier.

Yeah only incompetent liberals think that.

I'm not even liberal. :silly: I just think it's funny because everyone, despite their political affiliation is basically saying 'heck yeah, that's my president.' Kind of weird for a shoe throwing to get that reaction.

Arabs Hail Shoe-Hurling

http://news.aol.com/article/arabs-hail-shoe-hurling-journalist/256483?icid=200100397x1214935873x1200978872

Journalist By QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA and OMAR SINAN, AP

BAGHDAD (Dec. 15) - Thousands of Iraqis took to the streets Monday to demand the release of a reporter who threw his shoes at President George W. Bush, as Arabs across many parts of the Middle East hailed the journalist as a hero and praised his insult as a proper send-off to the unpopular U.S. president.

The protests came as suicide bombers and gunmen targeted Iraqi police, U.S.-allied Sunni guards and civilians in a series of attacks Monday that killed at least 17 people and wounded more than a dozen others, officials said.

Journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi, who was kidnapped by militants last year, was being held by Iraqi security Monday and interrogated about whether anybody paid him to throw his shoes at Bush during a press conference the previous day in Baghdad, said an Iraqi official.

He was also being tested for alcohol and drugs, and his shoes were being held as evidence, said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the media.

Showing the sole of your shoe to someone in the Arab world is a sign of extreme disrespect, and throwing your shoes is even worse.

"This is a farewell kiss, you dog," al-Zeidi yelled in Arabic as he threw his shoes. "This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq."

Al-Zeidi was immediately wrestled to the ground by Iraqi security guards. The incident raised fears of a security lapse in the heavily guarded Green Zone where the press conference took place. Reporters were repeatedly searched and asked to show identification before entering and while inside the compound, which houses al-Maliki's office and the U.S. Embassy.

Al-Zeidi's tirade was echoed by Arabs across the Middle East who are fed up with U.S. policy in the region and still angry over Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003 to topple Saddam Hussein.

The response to the incident by Arabs in the street was ecstatic.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/mar/19/iraq

100,000 dead and 2 million displaced is the lowest estimate. The upper end of the spectrum is 1 million dead.

The results showed that the national rate of killing between April 2003 and June 2006 averaged just over 120 a day. This was double the number killed during Saddam's last two years in power.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/mar/19/iraq

100,000 dead and 2 million displaced is the lowest estimate. The upper end of the spectrum is 1 million dead.

Why not look at how many people were killed in all the years Saddam was in power both in his nation and in neighbouring nations

Think about how many more his sons would probably kill as they took power

You want the 2 million displaced to be help then you stay and help rebuild

Archived